Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I get to watch a lot of the Premieres from my office in Leicester Square...

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
..and therefore a fair bit of the setting up and aftermath.

This was the work of the geniuses putting up the sign for yesterday's 'Hancock' Premiere...

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 453

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
..and therefore a fair bit of the setting up and aftermath.

This was the work of the geniuses putting up the sign for yesterday's 'Hancock' Premiere...

Yes, I walked past that. I'm not sure some of the tourists understood why so many people were grinning !

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i reckon they deliberatly done that so that people did exactly what you've just done, take pictures and post them about t'internet for a bit of viral publicity.

too cynical?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Contract for installation of the signage was given to a company which also works for me. The chances of the thing having been thought about that carefully are fairly small, I would suggest.

Could have been the lads actually installing it, doing it for a laugh.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ha ha, that's brilliant in such a childish way. i hope it was the guys putting it up having a giggle.

"Tell you what lads, we'll just get the cock up and then we can break for lunch"

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
thats BRILLIANT :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
We did this at Bromley and caused a stir. It read Sussex Stationers but we told everyone it was a new sex shop.

I reckon anyone opening a sex shop there will make a mint:D

Attachments

• Image000.jpg
    Image000.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 198

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The trailer for Cock looks pretty good and Willie Smith is always a pretty reliable sort of actor. May be worth a look.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Some kind of free 'festival' celebrating 'West End Live' over the weekend, Clapham. Since I don't go anywhere near Leicester Square on the weekend I've paid it no heed at all I'm afraid. I'll have a proper look in the morning and tell all, if anybody's really interested.

Edit: more here: West End London | Home

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Some kind of free 'festival' celebrating 'West End Live' over the weekend, Clapham. Since I don't go anywhere near Leicester Square on the weekend I've paid it no heed at all I'm afraid. I'll have a proper look in the morning and tell all, if anybody's really interested.

Edit: more here: West End London | Home

Cheers - I tend to walk through there most evenings in the Summer to get a bus home instead of the tube. I work in Dean Street.

Just noticed the other day they've demolished that Swiss building.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Just noticed the other day they've demolished that Swiss building.

Indeed - but regrettably, I gather those wretched f***ing bells were listed, so will at some point make a reappearance. Once you've heard them every hour between about 2 and 8pm, 5 days out of 7 for a year or so, you'd want to tear them down yourself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here