Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I genuinely believe that if we can sell Liam Bridcutt for £4-5m....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Lita will return to Swansea and we are paying a sizeable chunk of his salary.

Sounds a decent midfield, but two of those are injury-prone and I feel we'd lose a lot of both Crofts & Ince's games if we had both (or either) sitting.
Seems like I'm in a minority of one, but I feel this squad is strong enough as is to go up. Wouldn't want to break that up by removing the player of the season for the last two years. Of course, if offered stupid money then we will.

Last point. I don't know how much Liam's on per week but I doubt his wages could cover three new players unless they were pretty young/inexperienced.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It seems to me that Oscar expects his midfield players to be extremely flexible and take turns at being involved further up the pitch in more attacking roles, (and a similar positional flexibility in his strikers).

Crofts has always done this and Ince looks to have the ability to drive forward (albeit in his own 'style'), but i have only seen Bridcutt attempt this since his comeback. Whether it's match fitness or this new role, but Bridders doesn't seem to be playing at the same level as last year.

So it seems to me purely from a football point of view, that Liam has the choice of playing the sitting midfielder of the last 2 years at a higher level (for a few months at least) or developing his game with more attacking intent. I think the team announcement tomorrow may give a fair indication which way he is going.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And use the money to purchase;

1 winger
1 attacking midfielder
1 centre back

We will have a far better chance of promotion as the squad will be stronger overall.

I'm assuming you've started on the bottle early then ?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here