Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I don’t much care for Boscombe FC

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I was born and bred just down the road in Poole and my dad took me to watch Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic in the 70s, when Harry first managed them. I should really be an AFCB supporter, but I actually hate them more than Palace!

It’s a small point but Harry became their manager the year after they changed their name to AFC Bournemouth. :)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Indeed Bravo Lima, you’ve got the entitled top end big clubs with their entitled supporters, ‘plastic’ Sussex supporters, hoovering up all the best talent around (most of it from us these days), loved in the media yadda yadda, but oh no, let’s focus our fury on AFCB!

Quite.

To miss-quote Cromwell...

'I had rather have a plain, plucky Bournemouth fan, that knows what he fights for, and loves what he knows, than that which you call a glory hunter and is nothing else'

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I loved the fact that we beat them to promotion in 1971-2 because the media loved them so much - Ted MacDougall, Phil Boyer, John Bond and all. We did them 2-0 at a packed-out Goldstone around Christmas time, Kit Napier's diving header ending a superb length-of-the-field move, and drew 1-1 down there at Easter with Bertie Lutton coming off the bench to head the equaliser - one of a series of late comebacks in the promotion run-in. Great days..

Great day at the Goldstone, that. 35,000 packed in, including me. Couldn't see much from right at the back in the south west corner, but the atmosphere was terrific!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
When I get angry, I just think of 'Down to the bare bones' Arry strolling down at Sandbanks with Smug Eddie and I'm at peace with the world.

Tis a lovely part of the country though, (it's where my wife hails from, unfortunately), and here's a thing . . . they even have sand on their beaches.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I was at the match at Dean Court, crammed in a corner with a mate of mine.
I was living in Bournemouth at the time and when Albion weren’t playing at the Goldstone, I used to go and watch them with a friend of mine who was a fan.
Unlike many on here, I have nothing against Bournemouth and were pleased to see them back in the Prem. I also like Eddie.
To compound my felony, I don’t hate Palace either and have to admit that my son( an Albion fan) actually works for Palace!
Shame on me.:D

All this 'hate' baffles me! What's the point ... it's a waste of energy and achieves nothing. It's like the other thread on 'plastic' fans ... I don't give a damn who someone 'supports' and their reasons why.

I was born in Bournemouth. I was at Dean Court when Bournemouth beat Villa 3-0 that season ... Ted MacDougall scored 2 and Bowyer the other if memory serves me correct. Of course it was Villa and Brighton that went up that season as only two teams went up and Bournemouth finished 3rd. I had a season ticket at Dean Court at the time I moved to Sussex ... but I've now spent more of my life in Sussex than Bournemouth and have had a season ticket at The Amex for longer than I had at Dean Court.

I still have a soft spot for Bournemouth and so I also was pleased to see them back in the Premier League ... but I want Brighton to win when we play them.

I also don't give a toss one way or the other about Palace!

Shame on me too :D

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Small town in Hampshire, just a small town in Hampshire ....................

Some of the older Bournemouth folk would applaud you on that one.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I like Bournemouth. Can't see why I would have any cause not to.

And Brighton v Bournemouth is kind of cute for a Premier League match. Especially if on the same day Derby County play Ipswich Town a couple of leagues down.

Not what was originally intended.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We don't much like them but they really don't like us.

This from the Liverpool matchday thread on their crappy little forum:

bmfluff.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here