Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] I don’t mind the Stones singing but

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Elton is bloody hilarious these days though isn't he.

Proper Vic Reeves in the club style.

"Now, let's hear that sung properly...."

Terrible, but very funny.

I rather like Elton, he still has the capacity to be absolutely brilliant..... but not tonight.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It was a crock of shite mostly, amazing how so many talented musicians are quite shat at performing either without backing or attempting to do covers. For genuine home broadcasting genius try here. Neil Finn's lockdown daily sets.

https://www.neilfinn.com/fangradio

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Elton John? :mad:

What the **** was that? :lolol:

I missed the 'performance' earlier so just found it on line, based on comments on this thread. I thought, "Nah - it can't have really been 'Vic Reeves Club Singer' bad."

Oh. How wrong I was.

(Still, at least Becks got to practice his homeschooling reading for the introduction).

Warning: For those struggling at the moment, what follows is truly disturbing...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It was a terrible show, largely if not entirely based on a few Z-listers desperate to keep themselves in the public eye. Largely syndicated, massively insincere and that Sam smith **** seems very keen to forget his CV moment. I thought it was awful. Oh and that Coldplay bloke sang for what 20 seconds? Stevie Wonder aside it was self-serving tripe

Stevie Wonder was undoubtedly the star of the show by a looooooong way.

I thought Rag 'n Bone man did well, and Paul McCartney was dreadful.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sadly McCartney’s voice is shot. It was like watching a shit Karaoke performance of Lady Madonna.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
DavidinSouthampton;93201 03 said:
Stevie Wonder was undoubtedly the star of the show by a looooooong way.

I thought Rag 'n Bone man did well, and Paul McCartney was dreadful.

I couldn’t watch it all and luckily the Stevie Wonder bit was early on. He is pure class. The full version of Love’s In Need Of Love Today is the first track on the epic Songs In The Key of Life released in 1976 and is just beautiful. Indeed his catalogue of 1970s albums - Inner Visions, Talking Book, etc are some of the best all-time records imo.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You mean you weren't watching Race Across the World? Shame on you!

I was watching Iaith ar Daith on S4C. It's about five celebrities (amazingly, five I've actually heard of) learning Welsh. Last night I was marvelling at Carol Vorderman's attempts after just two months. It was quite entertaining to watch. It was certainly better than the night of the 'stars' that Mrs G was watching

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Elton is bloody hilarious these days though isn't he.

Proper Vic Reeves in the club style.

"Now, let's hear that sung properly...."

Terrible, but very funny.

I just watched it. Absolutely pissing myself for this exact reason. All the old guard were shite. McCartney made me glad Glastonbury has been postponed. The Stones were simply odd. Only Mick came out of that with any credit.

I did enjoy Stevie Wonder, Burna Boy and Billy Eillish. Rag and Bone Man and the Kingdom Choir, which was inexplicably spoken over. Most of it was drivel though

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was watching Iaith ar Daith on S4C. It's about five celebrities (amazingly, five I've actually heard of) learning Welsh. Last night I was marvelling at Carol Vorderman's attempts after just two months. It was quite entertaining to watch. It was certainly better than the night of the 'stars' that Mrs G was watching

Christ. I miss read that and though you were making reference to a particular favourite of mine, German crooner, Laith al Deen. This is worth a listen. It completely changes towards the end and the transition of one of pop music's great moments in my opinion. And the end fade. :love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TYIo2KXdu4

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I recorded it so I could zap through the bad bits.
The show was a great idea, to use this situation and have the whole world watching, but.....
I did not know who most of the performers were and disliked most. However Rag and Bone Man chose a good song and did it o k. I wish I knew the name of one blonde girl who sang well. Too many chose sad slow songs when we needed cheering up with something lively
The Stones were the exception, the song" You Can't Always Get what You Want" was true of this time, and they got the idea by hamming it up with a grin and a wink.
Style lives on...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here