"I don't know if it was an ugly goal, my face was on it"

CKR - I like the kid's style :smokin: :drink: :drink:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
London Irish said:
CKR - I like the kid's style :smokin: :drink: :drink:
I thought he came across well in the interview.From his comments ,it sounds like there's a really great team spirit - no primadonnas,everyone pulling together.:clap2:

1066gull

ckr5br.jpg

Made this for another forum, but I know you may want to see it.

CKR has to have a start with Jake I think. If that doesnt work, back to Leon.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
I was dispaointed when MM took Jakey off.....I would have prefered to have seen Leon off tonight. or even Charlie. He was awful tonight. IMHO. waits for abuse.........

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Referee87 said:
I was dispaointed when MM took Jakey off.....I would have prefered to have seen Leon off tonight. or even Charlie. He was awful tonight. IMHO. waits for abuse.........

Ok ... Leons all round game pisses over Jakes, correct decision by MM.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
thought leon was our best player!
did all the things that we would never have seen from him last season:
Passing the ball, tracking back and defending, smart football (winning throws, corners and holding the ball up),wins a ridiculous amount of headers for his size...even looked delirious when CKR scored!!!! and does anyone remember his diving this season? well i guarantee you, it happens a lot less frequently.

Ok he still has his moments but i think he is becoming a real team player and he was probably the only player (until seb beat his man tonight) who takes on players and really could do something spectacular to win us the game!

as for Oatway. well, terrible performance admitedly but he was the one who set jarret away for his chance and if he'd scored maybe we wouldn't be so hostile towards him? Just a thought

Apologies for spelling, i is tired

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Oatways pass to set jarret through was about his only good one of the night, he just seems to panic and give the ball away rather than simple passes, cant wait until chippys back

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Referee87 said:
Really ? Leaon plays better when he is on the wing. he seems more involved. whereas Kakey is an out and out striker.

Jakey does not have an all round game while Leon can play midfield/wing/upfront and create/score. Jakey is a on the shoulder of the last man style striker, he isn't going to create.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
No way should Leon be dropped, he's been in excellent form. He's our best player. If only he could rediscover his killer instinct as well.
Jakey for all his promise has yet to deliver goals, I think CKR has earnt a starting place (again).

Oatway looked off the pace again after a great game at Palace, give Nicolas a chance?

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
I think so....Nicolas is another prospect......Charlie always seems to dispaoint me when I see him play. He seems off the boil, and you feel more assured when someone like chippy is in the centre.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Charlie was ok tonight, nothing special but he done a decent job. A bit of luck/more ability with his passes and he could have had a couple of assists. The main thing is we deprived Wednesday of 3 points. Job DONE.

sir danny cullip said:
Oatways pass to set jarret through was about his only good one of the night, he just seems to panic and give the ball away rather than simple passes, cant wait until chippys back

And how many defence-splitting passes did the other players create? Hammond? Reid? Frutos? ZILCH! Yet the obsession by so many on here for judging Charlie by different standards to other players continues!

Silent Bob said:
No way should Leon be dropped, he's been in excellent form. He's our best player. If only he could rediscover his killer instinct as well.
Jakey for all his promise has yet to deliver goals, I think CKR has earnt a starting place (again).

Oatway looked off the pace again after a great game at Palace, give Nicolas a chance?

How many chances are you going to give Hammond? He misplaced as many, if not two or three more, passes than Charlie tonight! Double standards.

Last edited:

Well, there has to be a reason why McGhee returned Hammond to the left flank against Palace. I would suggest that we need 3 hard ballwinners in midfield and Frutos unbalances the team as much as Jarrett does.

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
I thought Leon did well. Against Palace he pulled out of at least three 50/50 balls, whereas tonight he really got stuck in. He seems more of a team player this season and I'd leave him in on everytime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here