Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Come in Piece

j2eeman

Feb 4, 2013
Can't see Wednesday going down now - the bottom 3 are woeful, and what is happenning to Wolves? Huddersfield were very, very poor when we played them so I reckon they'll be in the mix too.

So good luck to Wednesday, as I said before - a great away trip, just one of those results that happen and we get over.

Will definately do the trip next year, unless we get our act together in the last 1/3rd of the season.

Fingers crossed (from my perspective) that we do manage to pull away, 6 wins and 2 draws from the last 9 is a good return but we are still only 4 points clear.

I think Huddersfield will get sucked into it too they are only a point above us now with Cardiff at home on Saturday also, I see Forest are doing their best to implode (I see Alex McLeish has gone already).

I said in another post I think you have 4 very winnable games at home in the next 5 and have every chance, Wednesday are a very physical side scrapping at the moment that did quite well in stopping you guys playing your good football, I think you will make the playoffs, then anything can happen.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Oh dear, I didn’t realise until I came on here to read through your opinions of Saturdays game what a bitter bunch you are. I respect that this is your forum and that you clearly have right of way but the OP was simply asking how you found Sheffield etc, only to be castigated for a grammatical error.

I think comments such as “Sheffield is a complete shithole” and “Wednesday really are tinpot” are unjustified.

Sheffield has a fantastic history, and very modern facilities (I am referring to the city not Hillsborough). I am sure anyone visiting on Saturday did not see enough to formulate an opinion on the entire city, I suspect all cities have some areas better than others, I have heard Whitehawk and Moulsecoomb are not the best but having not visited them I wouldn’t dream of passing an opinion or claiming Brighton was a “complete shithole”.

Whatever has happened to you guys in the past at the hands of maybe a few misguided individual keyboard warriors, I apologise.

I did find it interesting that a comment questioning whether “would anyone actually employ this goon” was posted by someone who to my knowledge has not had any meaningful dialog with the OP and subjected him to abuse (albeit mild – goon) based on an error in his grammar, as person that does employ a significant amount of people I am probably likely to consider interpersonal skills a little more important.

I suspect this post will be receive “do one!!! or Northern etc”, but there you go just proves the point

His interpersonal skills can be judged by a sarcastic lead in 'I really was expecting a closer game'...so, shocking in that category also & your failure to note this reflects poorly on you and highlights your own misguided value of your own decision making capabilities

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I always go onto opposition forums, really just to gauge reaction to either the result or prior to the game to see what their opinions are on how their team is playing and the chances of a result.

I rarely post if i am honest, I just thought some of the comments posted were misguided.

Fair enough mate.

j2eeman

Feb 4, 2013
His interpersonal skills can be judged by a sarcastic lead in 'I really was expecting a closer game'...so, shocking in that category also & your failure to note this reflects poorly on you and highlights your own misguided value of your own decision making capabilities

Not sure that my decision not to reference this point highlights any lack of shortfall in my decision making capabilities, my response was not to agree/disagree with the views of the OP simply to point out I think the general response to his post was simply to castigate him based upon a grammatical mistake. With reference to the game being closer, I personally went to the game on Saturday expecting a very tough game against in form opposition.

Circumstances in the game, Brighton losing a player and tactics, Wednesday adopting a physical approach thus negating Brighton's superior footballing ability swung the result Wednesday’s way.

only to be castigated for a grammatical error.
Do you not know the difference between grammar and spelling?

...SHORLEY people CAN use a SPELL checker ?
I think the problem is that he was using a spell checker! They always show up your true abilities sooner or later. There's no substitute for acquiring this knowledge by reading properly proofed newspapers, books and magazines .

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Not sure that my decision not to reference this point highlights any lack of shortfall in my decision making capabilities, my response was not to agree/disagree with the views of the OP simply to point out I think the general response to his post was simply to castigate him based upon a grammatical mistake. With reference to the game being closer, I personally went to the game on Saturday expecting a very tough game against in form opposition.

Circumstances in the game, Brighton losing a player and tactics, Wednesday adopting a physical approach thus negating Brighton's superior footballing ability swung the result Wednesday’s way.

You forgot about the ref...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I agree with you the band is not for me!, just out of curiosity what is your desire to see Wednesday down and United up?

because Sheffield seems a nice place and very easy to get to by train (and you seem to get good deals) and I'd therefore rather go to Utd without the band than Wed with

j2eeman

Feb 4, 2013
You forgot about the ref...

I would imagine that as fans when our team loses a game and has a man sent off pointing a finger at the ref would be natural, I am not sure the ref had sub a bad game (tin hat) the Barnes sending off was spot on, I concede that I have seen players (that have already been booked) receive a second yellow for the tackle from Pugh, almost certainly would have been booked if he had not previously.

I agree with Nottseagull with regard to the spell checker..........

j2eeman

Feb 4, 2013
With regard to the band, have any of you guys followed England (away) when the band is playing, it is actually better than at club football (IMO)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Shouldn't the thread title be "Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: fan here , I come in mushy peas ???

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sake! Piece? How old are you? I hope you're under 10. Forget other post re benefits, would anyone actually employ this goon? This is why our country is falling apart!

It really isn't.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
With regard to the band, have any of you guys followed England (away) when the band is playing, it is actually better than at club football (IMO)

That's as maybe, but I'd rather have the band banned. Or should it be the banned band? In fact, a banned band could be quite interesting.

I can see how a fans band is at least better than the manufactured musical tripe they try to force down your ears through the PA system at places like Wembley. They have even tried to start it at Twickenham! When will they learn to leave it up the the crowds. We are perfectly able to sing the national anthem alone without some warbling Katherine Jenkins type helping out! Arggghhhh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here