Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I been seeing speculation on social media that Glenn Murray is coming back...

I am not a business or a player. I'm a fan. I rightly do not want to see Judas wearing our beloved stripes again after seeing things like this:

glennmurray_1393600a.jpg

I wouldn't like to see him lower himself back to Brighton after wearing the famous red and blue,and playing higher class football :D
In all honesty it would be nailed on that he'd score you enough goals to get you into the prem:ffsparr: and you know that's what would happen :(

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Yes, I expect they did given he lives here. Pity the school holidays have started; someone could have asked him at the gates of Balfour School.

The fact the school holidays have started could well be a cause of this rumour.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I may be in the minority here but I wouldn't want him back. Give him to them, get them promoted and then pay to have him back? Not for me. Younger, hungrier players out there who would cost half his wages. Glenn Murray is Albion history, not future.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I wouldn't like to see him lower himself back to Brighton after wearing the famous red and blue,and playing higher class football :D
In all honesty it would be nailed on that he'd score you enough goals to get you into the prem:ffsparr: and you know that's what would happen :(

People seem to be going on about knee trouble...but I thought he had recovered..hence he was back playing....has there been some sort of reoccurrence?

PS being a palace fan u will be back on ignore after uve answered :whistle:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I may be in the minority here but I wouldn't want him back. Give him to them, get them promoted and then pay to have him back? Not for me. Younger, hungrier players out there who would cost half his wages. Glenn Murray is Albion history, not future.

Judging by a lot of the posts I can't see you being in the minority

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Really bothered by this speculation on several levels...
We let him go for free
He did well for our arch rivals (sorry bur cannot help the tribalism)
With injury and age he is probably past his best
Need to move on from the past - players almost never reach expectations second time around (including our Bobby Zamora)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The sole source for this is
[tweet]491325093260562434[/tweet]

This account is a relatively new transfer account that confirms already widely known stories (eg: Ulloa) or tweets speculative hunches like Murray. I'm 99% certain its just someone doing it for fun. For example see the most well know example of how these accounts operate...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ooled-world-transfer-rumours-LIVING-ROOM.html

Of course fans want to believe the Murray rumour so it gets picked up further
[tweet]491328026144432128[/tweet]

I hate the way things like this spread. I do wish our own fans would take notice of these stupid guesswork transfer twitte accounts with about 50 followers. Those passing on these crap rumours then create more crap rumours!

I hate the way things like this spread. I do wish our own fans would take notice of these stupid guesswork transfer twitte accounts with about 50 followers. Those passing on these crap rumours then create more crap rumours!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Why? Why would Glenn Murray leave Premier League, Palace to drop back down to the Championship?
Why?

Quite simply if he doesn't fit into the Pulis plan. Which I probably think he doesn't.
For myself, he is almost as good as Peter Crouch as a frontman and also useful in defence, so I'd keep him. But I'm not Pulis.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Quite simply if he doesn't fit into the Pulis plan. Which I probably think he doesn't.

Pulis spent most of the tail end of last season saying stuff like this and included him in the squad in the last month or so when he was coming back from fitness.
“Glenn Murray’s a goalscorer and we need him in the team doing what he does best and that’s putting the ball into the back of the net,”
via http://talksport.com/football/pulis-murrays-return-huge-boost-crystal-palace-14020879067

Pulis picked Murray for a pre season friendly last night on Palace' US tour.
He scored
via
http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/pre-season-report-columbus-crew-2-2-crystal-palace-1777609.aspx

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Pulis spent most of the tail end of last season saying stuff like this and included him in the squad in the last month or so when he was coming back from fitness.
“Glenn Murray’s a goalscorer and we need him in the team doing what he does best and that’s putting the ball into the back of the net,”
via http://talksport.com/football/pulis-murrays-return-huge-boost-crystal-palace-14020879067

Pulis picked Murray for a pre season friendly last night on Palace' US tour.
He scored
via
http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/pre-season-report-columbus-crew-2-2-crystal-palace-1777609.aspx

Great. But Dobbie scored THREE in a friendly the other week. Why not take HIM back to Albion? Except after the reception he got with Blackpool at the AMEX I don't think he'd want to.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Great. But Dobbie scored THREE in a friendly the other week. Why not take HIM back to Albion? Except after the reception he got with Blackpool at the AMEX I don't think he'd want to.

Stephen Dobbie 15 Appearances 2 goals
Glenn Murray 118 Appearances 53 goals

I think your answer may be there.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
There's as much chance of Ronaldo turning out for us as there is Glenn Murray

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here