Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I ask you a question

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
How can the same bunch of players that won under Coppell play so badly under Booker?

Assistant manager = one of the boys. Joins with jokes / nicknames, etc. Players like him, but not the respectful of HIS way

Manager = not one of the boys. There to do a job., get the wins. There to shout, and sort them out. Players will take notice.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
So the players don't actually want to win and play well, they just did it under Coppell because he doesn't join in with their jokes, doesn't refer to them by their nicknames, and don't like him.

Bollocks.

Next?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Old Manager=Meticulous preparation,which included watching 4 videos of the opposing team on a Friday night to make sure he hadnt missed anything.

Caretaker manager=Out Twitching on a Friday afternoon!

BrightonBird said:
Assistant manager = one of the boys. Joins with jokes / nicknames, etc. Players like him, but not the respectful of HIS way

Manager = not one of the boys. There to do a job., get the wins. There to shout, and sort them out. Players will take notice.

Spot on. :clap: At present they need a Dowie or McGee type Manager to really give them a rocket up the arse. Unsure if Leroy Rosenior is the person capable of doing that?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
BrightonBird said:
No, just have less respect and I think it has A LOT to do with manergerial quality.

Next!:jester:

But they still want to win.

They are not going to deliberately play badly because they don't respect Booker as much.

Next.:dunce:

Albion Rob

You would have thought that some of Coppell, Adams and Taylor would have rubbed off on Booker.

It just seems he can't spot opposition weaknesses as well as his predecessors - and isn't really aware of the fact that subs are allowed.

To be fair to him he was big enough to admit on SCR that he wasn't up to the job and that's why he pulled out.

Injury crisis isn't helping.

Albion Rob

Rodger and Blacwell out though - as well as Roberts to keep our eccentric goalkeeper on his twitchy toes.

IMHO all First Division players.

A crisis of quality, not quantity :(

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't reckon they're actually very bright and only respond to direct orders from partial strangers like Coppell and the dozen or so managers before him. Dunno what BB said to them at half-time but I'd guess it wasn't anything at all along the lines of 'Listen you stupid cnuts, will you just stop pumping the ball up in the air in a hopeful fashion to Leon Knight and Gary Hart cos they're y'know only tiny wee men'

On the plus side, Chris McPhee is coming on very well, and Butters was pretty solid. Apart from hanging on to those two, plus Danny C and FDM, a clear-out of the double championship winning side looks a bit overdue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here