[Football] I am the exemplar of a JCL and plastic glory hunter...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
No it's really, REALLY not.

'I didn't go to the Withdean because I wanted one of the THOUSANDS of people who couldn't get a ticket each week to go instead?'

Nah, you just couldn't be arsed to go. Alright you wont admit it any more apparently but that doesn't change the fact that for years the Withdean was well below capacity week in, week out even whilst the weather was nice and even against the big teams so to suggest that the reason you didn't go was because you couldn't get tickets for our small capacity ground is absolutely ludicrous.

There were thousands of loyal, bleed blue and white, Albion supporters who graciously made way for others to attend Withdean while they supported Chelsea or Man Utd from the warmth of the pub or their couch. Now they sit in silence at the Amex and post nonsense on here about how we're not good enough.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Gateshead fans now bouncing up and down. 2-1, with 7 mins left.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Cambridge player down injured on edge of the box. Been down a long time. 7 mins injury time and he's still down. Down to 10 men for the rest....

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think the term JLC is just too easy an insult to many fans who have always supported the club in spirit and used to go to games more often in the past. There are others who are not football minded and have never been to a Brighton game Goldstone or otherwise and now just turn up for the experience. That said even they can still grow to be a true fan of the club.

You have to differentiate and not put them all in one box because life situations and changes dictate football attendance.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I think the term JLC is just too easy an insult to many fans who have always supported the club in spirit and used to go to games more often in the past. There are others who are not football minded and have never been to a Brighton game Goldstone or otherwise and now just turn up for the experience. That said even they can still grow to be a true fan of the club.

You have to differentiate and not put them all in one box because life situations and changes dictate football attendance.

So [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] 1976 is going to become a Cambridge United fan? 2 cub walker. :wink:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I've mentioned the wrong Goldstone. I meant [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION]

Not having the best of days, are we? First, you don't realise that I'm talking about the league results against Gateshead, not the playoff semi results. Now, you get the wrong Goldstone. Sit down dear, I'll get you a nice cup of tea :wink:

I was very impressed with the Cambridge fans and with some of the play. If we (that's BHA) are not at home and the away game is just too far (Middlesbrough, say), I might just go to a home game of theirs to get a footie fix. That's the extent of it - I'm a one club man. :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No it's really, REALLY not.

'I didn't go to the Withdean because I wanted one of the THOUSANDS of people who couldn't get a ticket each week to go instead?'

Nah, you just couldn't be arsed to go. Alright you wont admit it any more apparently but that doesn't change the fact that for years the Withdean was well below capacity week in, week out even whilst the weather was nice and even against the big teams so to suggest that the reason you didn't go was because you couldn't get tickets for our small capacity ground is absolutely ludicrous.

It was very difficult to get a ticket at first which was why we had to wait until 2005 to get an away end. Even that was a battle with John Catt objecting to 2000 extra seats.

http://www.planningresource.co.uk/article/461463/local-resident-foils-withdean-addition

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports