Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia - "You don't know what you're doing"?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Well that's your prerogative. I'm happy to believe it from the Finnish posters and the people that have spent time with them, to know what they're on about.

So your also happy with how he's set us up tactically since taking over ?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Frankly embarrassing. The guy had had nearly all his best players sold with no adequate replacements, and was managing only his second league game. Anyone singing that today is an utter ****. Give him a chance FFS.

This. To pick out 5, CMS, O'Grady, Ince, Bruno and Kaz were awful today. Not The manager's fault if they are simply not good enough.
Well said.

And as for JFC well......

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
He's clueless I'm afraid no idea what it's about in this Division.
Sacked from his last job after losing the last 11 games , and never managed in this country at all.
Playing in the Premier League means **** all I'm afraid
Another Brighton cheapo bargain basement bucket option.

Unproven 'no experience rubbish' like Oscar and Poyet saw us into the playoffs. The problem, quite clearly, is with our squad. We still haven't replaced the players which have left. Judge Sami AFTER we get a team together.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The sad thing is I could almost accept it and feel some sympathy for the guy if he was showing some passion, kicking every ball, willing the players on and at the very least acknowledging the fans, but I just get the distinct impression he really doesn't want to be here.

PS - he was 100% right to take CMS off today, I still question the formation and obvious lack of width we showed today.

What do you expect? He probably came here expecting to coach a play off team and all he's been given is a relegation side. It's a bit like ordering a fillet steak and being served a Tesco value burger.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
So your also happy with how he's set us up tactically since taking over ?

His personality and demeanour have bugger all to do with his tactics. Don't try that one.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Unproven 'no experience rubbish' like Oscar and Poyet saw us into the playoffs. The problem, quite clearly, is with our squad. We still haven't replaced the players which have left. Judge Sami AFTER we get a team together.

We need someone with top-tier playing experience, overseas connections, and managerial experience at the top tier, preferably in the English game.
But passion, above all, passion. Because being demonstrative on the touchline is the most important thing.
The answer was right there, in plain sight, all the time.

paulo-di-canio-sunderland-manager-unveiled_2923459.jpg

A total absence of sanity, of man-management skills, or a firm grasp on the fact that WWII is over are all negotiable.

It's all about the affect. Managerial affect wins championships.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
His personality and demeanour have bugger all to do with his tactics. Don't try that one.

Your avoiding the question, we agree to disagree about his personality and demeanour.

Are you happy with his tactics ? The way he sets his side up ?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Your avoiding the question, we agree to disagree about his personality and demeanour.

I'm avoiding nothing. However, if you really want an answer then i'm on the fence - his tactics may not have been perfect today but I see what he is trying to do and once, like Poyet and Oscar before him, he has had the time to get it in place...with both the players he has now and any new arrivals. Thankfully it's a 46 game season.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

So you totally agree with everything his says and does with the team ? his tactics ,his man management , his player targets if indeed he has a say in that which I'm assuming he does, his pre match preparations, and the way blanks the fans who pay his wages. Righto !!!!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I'm avoiding nothing. However, if you really want an answer then i'm on the fence - his tactics may not have been perfect today but I see what he is trying to do and once, like Poyet and Oscar before him, he has had the time to get it in place...with both the players he has now and any new arrivals. Thankfully it's a 46 game season.

To me " on the fence" is a way of saying you have no answer to the question you have been asked.
" You see what he is trying to do " what exactly is that then ? Please enlighten us with your tactical prowess.
The rest of your statement makes no sense at all.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Wouldn't think it would matter who was in charge at the moment with the present squad at their disposal. Any manager would struggle

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Van Gaal played the same system with a weak squad and got the same result. Also chose not to acknowledge his new fans. Only difference is I love it when Man Utd lose.....

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
To me " on the fence" is a way of saying you have no answer to the question you have been asked.

Ah, thanks for putting words into my mouth. Cheers. Appreciate it.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
This. To pick out 5, CMS, O'Grady, Ince, Bruno and Kaz were awful today. Not The manager's fault if they are simply not good enough.
Well said.

And as for JFC well......

Whoever decided O'Grady was a top championship striker was probably recovering from a heavy night out

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Frankly embarrassing. The guy had had nearly all his best players sold with no adequate replacements, and was managing only his second league game. Anyone singing that today is an utter ****. Give him a chance FFS.

A sick part of me wants us relegated and Sami gone by the end of the week, because some of the embarrassments that call themselves fans deserve the misery.

How can anyone be anti a new manager baffles me, the most entitled wankers going, you can polish a turd all you like but it'll still be shit, and that's our squad due to pretty much everyone except Sami.

these :thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

To be honest, tactics today were irrelevant, the players could not do the basics.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has this ever been chanted at a new manager after only 2 league games like it was rather loudly today after he somehow made the decision to take off CMS. Was one of the loudest chants of the afternoon, seems some fans are already restless with the awful football played in the opening two league games.

CMS was absolutely useless today, I'd suggest Sami knew exactly what he was doing. I was staggered that the decision was booed. CMS did NOTHING worthwhile in the whole game and although Fenlon didn't do any better, it was worth a try because CMS was contributing nothing anyway.

No idea why anyone would boo the decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here