Dec 20, 2013
fair play to Sami he has swallowed his pride
and changed the bizarre 2 5 2 1
let's see how we do without that handicap
he has a weaker squad than the last 3 seasons

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
looking at the names of those who've voted out, well let's just say I'm confident the board room contains one or two more individuals with a modicum of sense and reasoned intelligence.Kosh

In fairness I could say the same about people who voted in but my opinion has the same worth as yours.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I think we are turning the corner since the Spurs game things have been improving

Spot on - the sad thing remains, for many, Sami is a terrible manager. He's turning things round. Sadly some believe we have a divine right to defeat every club in this league, whilst pinging the ball around akin to footballing Gods. He can only manage the situation as it's presented itself; unfortunate injuries, loan players galore and asset stripped to a certain degree. Difficult indeed, not made any easier by some serious delusion from sections of our so called support.

Kosh

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
In fairness I could say the same about people who voted in but my opinion has the same worth as yours.

Indeed, where have I ever stated otherwise? What I am saying is that in my opinion, sigh, why does this need explaining?!? I don't think the board (at the time of writing) agree with the angry pitch fork wielding mob of Sami haters... It's like a witch hunt of yore, and he's dammed if he does and utterly Fk'd if he doesn't. Sad times, bad times, drab times perhaps... but I'd like him to remain manager of the Albion.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I have voted in and will continue to do so until we are being outclassed week in and week out.
This is not the case yet. I don't think it will be any time soon either.

I don't think Tony is going to hit the panic button and bring in the experienced English manager, many on here want.
That does not fit in with the strategy for the club.
If it becomes inevitable that Sami has to go, then I suspect he is more likely to bring in another young unproven manager.
Someone who buys into what the club is trying to achieve.

In my opinion that will leave us back at square one. Which is why I would rather Sami had the rest of this season to develop the team and his managerial skills. I genuinely think this is the best of the likely options.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Spot on - the sad thing remains, for many, Sami is a terrible manager. He's turning things round. Sadly some believe we have a divine right to defeat every club in this league, whilst pinging the ball around akin to footballing Gods. He can only manage the situation as it's presented itself; unfortunate injuries, loan players galore and asset stripped to a certain degree. Difficult indeed, not made any easier by some serious delusion from sections of our so called support.

Kosh

Wake up you prat he is very shit ,he will take us down ,me and my dad have had STS at the goldstone , gills, and withdean , if we go down we wont renew our STS at the amex and many will follow :down:

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Now firmly OUT! Any manager that can't see Baldock for the total waste of space he is and leaves it till 90 mins to sub him needs his p45 handed to him.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Hilarious? Listen by replying with the vitriol you did, your opinion is obvious - h e l l o. As for scrolling though pages of pathetic school boy reactionary rage , well that's all too depressing. Much like a conversation with you. bye.
My reply was to your self righteous attitude,.... not with the content,......

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Indeed, where have I ever stated otherwise? What I am saying is that in my opinion, sigh, why does this need explaining?!? I don't think the board (at the time of writing) agree with the angry pitch fork wielding mob of Sami haters... It's like a witch hunt of yore, and he's dammed if he does and utterly Fk'd if he doesn't. Sad times, bad times, drab times perhaps... but I'd like him to remain manager of the Albion.
You've just done it again. I quote: "The angry pitch fork wielding mob of Sami haters" - no, they're just people who disagree with you. They're not thick by definition for disagreeing with you, they (we) are not a mob, and don't carry pitch forks (real or metaphorical). You are entitled to disagree with them, but only as much as they are entitled to disagree with you. Derogatory stereotyping is not rational argument.

It must be wonderful to wander around your world in the certainty that everybody who doesn't agree with you is a fool. Reminds me of the Emperor's New Clothes a bit..................

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

It's all down to opinions which are like noses, we've all got them it's just some people's are bigger than other's.

I was happy to defend Sami after Tuesday because he picked an attacking/entertaining team that then defended faultlessly to win the 3pts.

Today he decided to leave out the seasons most creative player in Texeira and again too much is burdened on LuaLua and Benno. The game had a dull draw written all over it from that point as I couldn't see us breaking Blackburn down.

We really need a manager that makes a better effort at winning games than that.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm inclined to say IN as I still feel he doesn't have a lot of quality to work with, compared to the last few seasons, and I believe every manager deserves at least some time to get things working. I'd like to see what he could do if we actually bought some quality in January. Changing managers at this point in time might just hinder progress even further, considering the massive changes we've already had.

Having said all that, I have a nagging feeling he may not be cut out for great things as a manager. Leaders of men and good footballing brains on the pitch don't necessarily make for great managers once their playing days are over. Possibly what Sammi needs most now to help him and us out of a hole is a leader of men on the pitch, just like he was, because at the moment we don't appear to have one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here