Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia - happy, unhappy or fence?

How do you feel about the (expected) appointment of Sami Hyypia?

• Happy

Votes: 396 71.1%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 30 5.4%
  • Fence

Votes: 131 23.5%

• Total voters

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I'm happy, and dare I say it?!? excited by the prospect before us. I would imagine his determination to put right what once went wrong, during his tenure in Germany, will be the making of Hyypia as a manager - that's not such a massive quantum leap of faith now is it?

Kosh

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If we had appointed a plank of wood as manager people on here would have been creaming their undies about him and how good he was without having any knowledge whatsoever if he was up to the job, this is like groundhog day from last year with the same cheer leaders saying the same about Oscar and that went well didn't it ?

And if we'd appointed Pepe Guardiola you'd have made a 'hilarious' post criticising him.

You moaning about Groundhog Day? Ha!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I don't equate 'creaming of pants' with optimistic supporting of the new manager and the club. Ernest is so full of shit, Garcia proved a decent coach who took us into the playoffs and lest we forget we actually won at Forest and a few others where we never usually perform. Yeah we got lucky, yeah some of the football was certainly iffy, fragmented etc. and a post Gus anti-climax of sorts, but hey - he did okay.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we had appointed a plank of wood as manager people on here would have been creaming their undies about him and how good he was without having any knowledge whatsoever if he was up to the job, this is like groundhog day from last year with the same cheer leaders saying the same about Oscar and that went well didn't it ?

Well it didn't go that badly did it? What were you expecting, Champions by Xmas, a win in the play offs? History obviously dictates that 6th is just not good enough for such a massive club as BHA.

You are sounding like a Newcastle/Pompey/Liverpool fan with your sense of entitlement.

For what it's worth I have no idea how good or bad Hypia is going to be but I think I might wait a bit before deciding he is shit or fantastic. Why don't you just wait and see Ernest, because you really don't have a clue, just like the rest of us.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
For what it's worth I have no idea how good or bad Hypia is going to be but I think I might wait a bit before deciding he is shit or fantastic. Why don't you just wait and see Ernest, because you really don't have a clue, just like the rest of us.

Exactly, I get CASTIGATED for saying he might not be any GOOD but why not CASTIGATE those for saying he will be FANTASTIC ? That is the problem, nobody knows what we are getting unlike if we had gone for someone whose record is there to be JUDGED already.

The clues will be in who lines up for the first game and the CALIBRE of players we sign, rubbish like Obika and we struggle, class players and we MIGHT do well but it is a gamble yet again appointing an INEXPERIENCED manager to the job.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
This is the minimum:

2 x Goal Keeper (1st choice needed)
1 x 1st Choice Left Back
1 x Young Right Back to develop
2 x Centre Backs (1 ex Premier League, 1 to develop)
1 x Attacking Midfielder ( ex premier league or very experiments)
1 x Left footed winger/left midfield
2 x Striker

Budget around £4m I would guess.

seems keen on 4 3 2 1 with attacking fullbacks
if ulloa and CMS here will not need to spend a lot on strikers

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well it didn't go that badly did it? What were you expecting, Champions by Xmas, a win in the play offs? History obviously dictates that 6th is just not good enough for such a massive club as BHA.

You are sounding like a Newcastle/Pompey/Liverpool fan with your sense of entitlement.

Exactly. Countless threads about a new manager who nobody has a clue how well he is going to perform.
More worrying is that we have had two managers that have left for whatever reason, not been sacked. These managers have left a club that has the biggest crowds in the league, one of the best stadiums in the country and a brand new training ground opening soon.
Hopefully Tony has got his man, the fact that many players have gone means that Hyypia should be able to bring in fresh faces, which could be exciting.
I reckon Dunk will be pleased and Hyypia could bring the best out of him.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
as long as he likes 2 up front,then great.why did he get sacked from his last job

1 win in 12 or something along those lines, and the fans thought he played boring football and showed no passion on the sidelines....

Who knows.... I say give him six months and then start judging his style, passion and quality as a manager.

He may have been sacked by one club, but can learn and change and just plain fit in at another and everything then clicks into place or....... or we know what happens dont we.....

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
The way the club is positioned, we are not quite big enough to snare a big name, but we can always attract a number of potentials with decent playing and/or coaching CVs. All a bit of a lottery really - really hope he does well. Fence.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
seems keen on 4 3 2 1 with attacking fullbacks
if ulloa and CMS here will not need to spend a lot on strikers

Kirkland was a team mate of Hyypia's, he signed a two year deal with Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: in June 2012, so he may not have a new contract. Unfortunately his roots are up north, but he is 33 and would be a good no1 keeper for us.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Given the other candidates around, pretty happy. I imagine he's got as much chance as succeeding as the rest of them. If you'd have told me five years ago that we would attract a manager who'd just been sacked because his team might not make it into the Champions League, I'd have thought that was crazy. So pretty difficult to be unhappy really.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Happyish now looking forward to the rest of the team he bring in and the type of player he be allowed to get .

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Exactly. Countless threads about a new manager who nobody has a clue how well he is going to perform.
More worrying is that we have had two managers that have left for whatever reason, not been sacked. These managers have left a club that has the biggest crowds in the league, one of the best stadiums in the country and a brand new training ground opening soon.
Hopefully Tony has got his man, the fact that many players have gone means that Hyypia should be able to bring in fresh faces, which could be exciting.
I reckon Dunk will be pleased and Hyypia could bring the best out of him.

Gus was sacked :thumbsup:

Of course, he may have left anyway but the record shows he was dismissed for gross misconduct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here