Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia - happy, unhappy or fence?

How do you feel about the (expected) appointment of Sami Hyypia?

• Happy

Votes: 396 71.1%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 30 5.4%
  • Fence

Votes: 131 23.5%

• Total voters

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If we had appointed a plank of wood as manager people on here would have been creaming their undies about him and how good he was without having any knowledge whatsoever if he was up to the job

By the same token we could have appointed Pep Guardiola and you'd still get the same tedious middle aged whingers complaining that he's a bit foreign and has no experience in English football.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Great player,however he was sacked from his previous position after a very poor record,he is a name but with the low budget that goes with the job we cant hope to attract top managers/Coaches

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yeah I know.
I wasn't digging at you, beyond the fact the fella in question actually said nothing, and took a hell of a lot of words to do it.

By virtue of that I certainly don't think I was being harsh on him, I think he got off quite lightly.

You tell him Ned.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Utterly delighted.

Looking forward to being patronised by various Liverpool fans over the.coming months and years.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Just terrible watching the two most successful seasons in the last 22 years, in a more fantastic setting and higher regular crowds that any Albion fan has ever dreamt of. I'm not sure how we managed to get through it. Thank God that's over.

I'm happy ish, I don't know enough about Hypia as a manager to comment too much. Time will tell if it's a good appointment.
This.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
By the same token we could have appointed Pep Guardiola and you'd still get the same tedious middle aged whingers complaining that he's a bit foreign and has no experience in English football.

No you wouldn't.

reniformis

Jun 7, 2014
Blimey you're easily pleased.

He knows:-
Nothing about The Albion.
Nothing about Hyypia, the manager.
Nothing about his style of play.
Nothing about his transfer policy.

Doesn't want to be patronising, and then is.
But is of the impression the world revolves around Liverpool winning the Champions League, 9 years ago.

Wow.

Sorry if I offended you.

Was just trying to point out that no-one knows much about Hyypia as a manager, he hasn't been one long enough. It's a gamble and you'd be right to be on the fence. That's what I said. I believe he'll be a success as a manager because he has the ideal temperament for it. There's not much else to go on at the moment.

And I don't believe 'the world revolves around Liverpool winning the Champions League, 9 years ago'. I'm more excited by where we are now. Under a manager that was a gamble.

Good luck next season. Whether you like it or not, you'll be my team in the Championship. Sorry bout that.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Personally, I never honestly thought he was the right man for the job, but I will give anyone a chance and he had his and failed...........badly.

You hope due diligence would be carried out during the recruitment process but seemingly not in this case.

Still, you can't win them all and onwards and upwards.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think most of us, including TB, have now realised that the most important asset for a manager in the Championship is experience. It is a physically and mentally gruelling slog and you need a solid base to start with. It is not the division to experiment in. You have to sure of your best 14 players and build the system around them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here