Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hypothetical question. Would you rather Oscar had stayed or are you happier with Sami?

Who would you prefer in charge, Oscar or Sami

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Whilst Oscar didn't seem to be able to bring many players of his choosing so it's a little unfair to judge, I was bored shitless last season by his negative tactics.

We did brilliantly in terms of league position with the squad we had but it was like watching paint dry at times.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A manager who rarely trained the players, was uncontactable on transfer deadline day and oversaw a regime where medical staff were ignored and players over-trained to the point of injury or Sami Hyypia?

Tough one that.

Now that is interesting...he rarely trained the players but saw to it that they were over-trained?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A manager who rarely trained the players, was uncontactable on transfer deadline day and oversaw a regime where medical staff were ignored and players over-trained to the point of injury or Sami Hyypia?

Tough one that.

Over-trained or rarely trained the players? Surely can't be both?
All a very one sided argument

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Over-trained or rarely trained the players? Surely can't be both?
All a very one sided argument

I know nothing, but could be both. He may not have got involved much in day-to-day training himself (always rings alarm bells for me) while telling his coaches to over-train tne squad.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I know nothing, but could be both. He may not have got involved much in day-to-day training himself (always rings alarm bells for me) while telling his coaches to over-train tne squad.

So the background checks that the club pride themselves on are not all that then? You'd think they'd pick up on the fact that the manager was a lazy toad who skipped training but ensured over-training. I think we are being fed the club line hook line and sinker with no input whatsoever from the man who CHOSE to walk. It seems strange to me that most don't seem to want to know WHY he walked and accept that he was really quite shit at the job, even though he got us to the playoffs with no transfers of note and terrible injuries. Hmmm

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
So the background checks that the club pride themselves on are not all that then? You'd think they'd pick up on the fact that the manager was a lazy toad who skipped training but ensured over-training. I think we are being fed the club line hook line and sinker with no input whatsoever from the man who CHOSE to walk. It seems strange to me that most don't seem to want to know WHY he walked and accept that he was really quite shit at the job, even though he got us to the playoffs with no transfers of note and terrible injuries. Hmmm

Hey, don't involve me, I said I know nothing. I just picked up on a gramatical point. Personally, I never warmed to him, but that means diddly.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The thing that has never added up is that the club specifically said they tried to change Oscar's mind about leaving.

If he was so terrible why would they bother ?

Either they did as they said and tried to change his mind, or they didn't ( because he was so awful ) - which means they in fact mislead us originally ???

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

Tough one that.

Interesting!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Tough one that.
Assuming that's all true and not 'history being written by the winners', it making Oscar's over achievement, with an injury ravaged squad, all the more impressive.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just out of interest. There were a lot of anti Oscar posters on here by the end of last season. We know pretty well nothing about Sami as a manager. So who would you prefer if you had a choice?

Difficult to say until the season is in full swing. I was full of support for Oscar until February, but then enough was enough, injuries or not the football was dire the vast majority of the time IMO.

I think we'll be more attacking with Sami and at the very least get numbers in the box, as we stand its difficult to say who I prefer, but if pushed I would go with Sami, because by the end I'd had enough of Oscar.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

You and I both know how anti Oscar I was (and still am!) but you're 100% right in regard we are now being fed the club line. Never trained his players? Over trained his players? Then why on earth did Bloom ask him to sleep on it? Surely he would have grabbed the resignation letter with both hands!

Oscar's football was dull as dishwater and I'm glad he's off but this stinks of the club subtly allowing anti Oscar spin to spread,

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I wonder how the voting would go if we did this again :wink:

There are some quite interesting comments on this thread, the early days of down playing Oscar's achievements

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I'd rather Oscar had wanted to stay, as I thought he did well with the resources he had last year, and we wouldn't be starting from scratch again.

But given that he left, I'm completely happy with Sami joining.

On that basis, F off stupid poll

I cant agree more!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm going to close this and post a duplicate poll. The contrast will be quite striking, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here