Hypothetical question -If Gus went would you be happy with Redknapp

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you be happy with Redknapp as manager?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think Gus will be going anywhere for a while but having seen Redknapp touted as his replacement, it would be interesting to know how many of you would be happy?

I know he has an excellent overall record with producing teams that play decent football and has "been there and done it " but I don't think I'd like to see him here with all his baggage and cliched "bare bones" pre and after match interviews.

He did say when he brought Spurs to the Amex that he thought we'd make the Premier League within a few years. not sure I'd like him to be the one to take us there, although I am quite sure he'd probably take us to another level, with the backing of TB

Would YOU want him or not?

RedSteve65

Apr 3, 2011
Hypothetically yes. Would prefer to see a younger manager given a chance - like we did with Gus; but in the unlikely event that Gus went I wouldn't be unhappy with 'Arry.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wouldn't really be particularly happy, but would give him a chance.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No. Two of the clubs he left soon went under administration, two others got relegated. The only club he left in reasonable nick was Spurs. The man is a liar & blagger.

This. Too many times to be coincidence.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I know who I'd want as the first choice for the job - OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If Gus left, then yes. I'd be pretty confident in Bloom to keep him in check, so I don't see how we'd end up in a Pompey situation. Whatever anyone says about him, he is a decent manager and he plays exciting football and would attract good players. I'd much rather we stuck with Gus though, for all his faults. He's still learning and it's great to have a young, hungry manager in charge.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Harry Redknapp would not come cheaply and would probably begin wheeling and dealing to make extra money for himself. As others have said, he has only left one club in good order.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Harry Redknapp would not come cheaply and would probably begin wheeling and dealing to make extra money for himself. As others have said, he has only left one club in good order.

The only one that had a decent Chairman. Bloom would not let him bankrupt us.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
No. Two of the clubs he left soon went under administration, two others got relegated. The only club he left in reasonable nick was Spurs. The man is a liar & blagger.

This. And the court case hardly improved his reputation. I wouldn't think he'll work in football again,given that

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Managers I would want other than Gus:

Martinez
Rodgers
Guardiola
Di Matteo

So, no.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Managers I would want other than Gus:

Martinez
Rodgers
Guardiola
Di Matteo

So, no.

None of these are remotely likely of course.

I'd be very worried about having Redknapp in charge - not so much on match days but for all the wheeler dealing he does between. He'd be a very high risk option in a financial sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports