Votes: 145 34.3%
  • fence

Votes: 105 24.8%

• Total voters

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We bought in Baldock (when the gamble on buying a prolific League 1 striker had already failed with CMS in terms of goals) .

Would that mean not buying Assombalonga then who's having a great season...
Or "spending big" must presumably mean Jordan Rhodes or Ross MacCormack as strikers happy to continue to play in the Champ, but both struggling this year and presumably on salaries higher than Albion can afford not having parachute payments.
Do you mean you replace a £8m striker with an £8m striker ? By definition you are replacing a Championship striker with a Prem League striker with Prem League wages ? Unlikely for any Champ club without parachute payments.

Baldock is 25 and scored 24 goals last season for a club that finished 12th.. . I'd say that makes him talented. And for a striker. Still young.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Back, you simply cannot go chopping changing managers every 5 minutes. What happends if this run continues with the next manager? And then we have to get a new set of players? It's a nonesence, Hyppia is being let down by Stockdale (who is letting himself down) and our non scording strikers.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Lots of fans were moaning about Oscars style of football despite consideration of the difficulties working with a weak and crippled squad. Unfortunately Lopez and Orlandi were never going to break forward at an exciting pace, and Buckley beaking down everytime he returned was never helpful. Now that we have a manager trying to make the football more exciting it turns out that he also hasn't got the players at hand to do it and we are paying the price for being more vunerable from a counter attack.

Changing our manager during the season will more than likely have a negative impact rather than a positive one so we are better off hoping that he, the players, and the board turn things around.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wonder if will ever know the truth behind this summer's recruitment. I'd love to know who Burkes first choice targets were, if they were vetoed then was it Bloom, Barber or Hyypia who said no. If his first choices were Colunga and COG then he must take his share of the blame. But bear in mind Burke identified Grabban and we wouldn't match his demands it seems to me the "blame" may lie further up the chain. The second half today was as bad as I've seen for a long time but no use pressing the panic button just yet. My worry is that I can't see any sign of our problems suddenly easing but I'm no fan of quick sackings. The question I would ask of the Hyypia out people is if the next manager got the same amount of points in the same amount of games would you then sack him too? At what point do you give your manager time even if it means a mid to lower table season?

Other than Teixeira, I don't think anyone really believes Hyppia was instrumental in the signings made in the Summer. Burke's choices, who then put them to the Board including TB. Leaving Hyppia with an awful strike force and making the opposing managers team talks very easy: "Look, Brighton can't score with their weak forward line. Nick a goal or two, and it's job done".

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Totally understand why the question is being asked but IN for me. Give him time, I am taking the rough with the smooth...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It has to be in at the moment but I'm not convinced the club will stick by him. He's been screwed up by the club and you have to blame Tony Bloom (he's the one who decides on budgets presumably). Middlesbrough's striker cost £2.5 million from Spain and looked a real handful yesterday, even if he dived a lot. If we'd shown the ambition to go for a striker like that, we wouldn't be struggling like we are. I know the suggestion is we are awful all round but a quality striker would change all that in my opinion.

I stood by the club all summer and said I would judge after the transfer window. It looks like we got it completely wrong and should have spent money on a striker. I think Hyypia will pay the price but I don't really blame him. Yesterday was poor but if we'd won against Cardiff and Watford, where we had comfortably enough chances to win, there wouldn't be the panic there is now.

I think a bad result against Huddersfield and Bloom will probably act but I don't think it's right.
All ifs and buts, what would you be thinking if it was your £200m investment?, I think the board went for the cheap option in Hypia and it has back fired might be wrong of course.

BlueMan58

Oct 18, 2014
It's got to be IN. He will turn it around if he reverts to a standard formation that the player's understand, and he is big enough and brave enough to put his hands up and say his system isn't working and will try to implement it over the summer next year once he is established. But for now, revert to a 4-4-2.

mattp

Feb 1, 2013
Until yesterday I felt we were on the right track. Although we had four points from our previous four games (Blackpool, Forest, Cardiff, Watford), it could so easily have been 8-10.

But yesterday was poor. Really poor. There is no way that we should be 20th with the players that we have. We might not have a top 6 squad right now. But we should still be in the top half of the table.

I think Sami has two games to save his Albion career. If we don't win either of these - making 10 without a win - I think he could be gone by this time next week.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Managers are judged on results! I think he maybe on borrowed time! The problem is who do we appoint to succeed him and can we afford it? Worrying times indeed! :down:

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Managers are judged on results! I think he maybe on borrowed time! The problem is who do we appoint to succeed him and can we afford it? Worrying times indeed! :down:
If you did not cut your cloth according to your needs you'd have more important problems to worry about. They've had a hell of a lot more cloth than they had in the past.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Opted for out regardless of the hoped for 4 pts from the next two games. Lacking in inspiration and every game appears to have a plan a,b,c,d. No consistency of thought.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Currently on the fence but leaning towards out. The next two games will make up my mind, but don't hold out much hope given Saturdays abject performance.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Has to be given until xmas at least.

I'm all for patience and hope Sami can turn it around, though the way things are going we could be rock bottom by then*. IF Hyypia does get the bullet i've got no idea who would replace him, as a few of the obvious choices will no doubt be holding out for a premier league job(QPR..). Steve Clarke maybe.

*Edit - Scratch that. We won't finish below Blackpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here