Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyperthetical Zombie Apocalypse best place to hold up/ hide in Brighton?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Brighton Marina if you can securely block the access points. Plenty of food and drink already there plus a load of other useful shit in Asda home section. Then you have the boats for fishing and an easy getaway if required.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
The Palace Pier. Single point of entry so easier to barricade and defend potentially. Should be plenty of food on the pier already and could fish off the pier for more. Close to shops for food and general supply raids and transport. Swim for it if zombies breach barricade. Main problem on the pier is a heat source as open fire risky for obvious reasons.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
A far greater danger than zombies will be the marauding rival gangs, so I reckon the Palace Pier is out as you're easily attacked by sea from any angle.

I'd go for a combination of sites around the harbour entrance; the RNLI boathouse, the old fort and that jetski place.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Ha what a brilliant thread!
As a walking dead, I must admit to having similar thoughts while watching the show!

Surely the only answer is, the Southwick tunnel secret nuclear bunker!!

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Actually thought about this the other week and in all honesty I'd head for the AMEX. I

f its a short term thing there'll be enough food there to last a while (insert joke about Amex catering here) but if it turns out to be a proper Walking Dead style apocalypse you've got enough space for living, secure solid walls and a nice bit of pitch to plant crops.

There were at least 9 Zombies out on the pitch on Saturday already to be honest....

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
A bit of a way, but i'd go for the millennium seed bank in wakehurst.

Secure, contamination free, science bods to save the world etc.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Actually thought about this the other week and in all honesty I'd head for the AMEX. I

f its a short term thing there'll be enough food there to last a while (insert joke about Amex catering here) but if it turns out to be a proper Walking Dead style apocalypse you've got enough space for living, secure solid walls and a nice bit of pitch to plant crops.

And a big Amex screen to warn people outside that there are officially 26,784 people inside even if there are only in fact 3 of you holed up in there.:amex:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Maybe Shoreham airport. You've got all principle transport modes there. Space to grow crops. Securing the perimeter might prove tricky but you'll have great radio comms and can still get afternoon tea.

Another option may be Sompting Abbot school. Mainly because the old headmaster was an historical weapons collector and there's a huge armoury hidden in one of the buildings.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I'd go for the Waterworld solution. I already have the gills behind my ears.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I'd risk a short trip to Gatwick Airport.

Plenty of supplies
Fence already erected around perimeter
Vehicles/Petrol for supply runs
Airfield and 2 terminals with an air-side hotel. So could safely sleep in a bed.

It may take a bit of clearing, but seems an ideal location to me.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I'd risk a short trip to Gatwick Airport.

Plenty of supplies
Fence already erected around perimeter
Vehicles/Petrol for supply runs
Airfield and 2 terminals with an air-side hotel. So could safely sleep in a bed.

It may take a bit of clearing, but seems an ideal location to me.

I like this as a location just one concern Zombie pilot could they fly in?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
How about Arundel Castle encased within high walls which have plenty of land inside to grow crops and keep livestock water supplies from the river with a Bailey keep as the final safety location

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
The Amex. Shut all the entrances, good viewing points aroung the ground from next level up, so shooting them all wouldn't be an issue. Plus we can play football and even create leagues whilst we wait for the world to be saved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here