Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Huw Edwards

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
If Edwards has had a mental health crisis, regardless of if he brought it on himself likely this week would have pushed him into a very bad place so he is not going to be able to sit down with a logical mind and write a letter of apology with a cup of tea, if indeed he has to, that is most likely why his wife stepped in. The bloke is probably hardly able to function at the moment
If you, as an individual permanently in the public eye, were in a media storm, where your reputation was at risk due to claims in the press that were false; would you a) let your missus front up on your behalf with a narrative that you were finding it a bit difficult to deal with, or b) front up yourself and refute all claims with proof of your innocence?

Huw’s silence damns him, we all know it…….he could put this all to bed and deal the sun a mortal blow by demonstrating he wasn’t involved in iffy behaviour (that reference is to avoid libel). Iffy behaviour doesn’t quite cover it does it?

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Mental health is no respecter of money.
Do you want him to commit suicide? Would that make you feel better?
As apposed to the treatment i have received on here in the past , including some comments from you that could have been better worded , but apparently i would have have to pay young boys for lude photographs to have your sympathy .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep, I’m aware of his previous mental health history.
The pressure as he tried to limit the damage at the end of last week would have been enough to bring anyone’s mental health down though.
If he‘s behaved as deceptively as reported his dramatic downfall was self inflicted.
Don‘t forgot this is someone who has built up a profitable public image as a Christian, responsible family man.
(This is not to say his current pain is deserved and he’s getting his comeuppance. I wouldn’t wish his current situation on anyone).
No, I agree with all that. Wise words.

It (what is alleged) would make a bit more sense to me if the young person is male. There are several women (two that I know well, and two that are well known) who realized they were gay late in life (one is in her mid sixties) and that can be a bit awkward if you're married. I don't mean taking decades to 'come out'. I mean a case of perhaps not having a strong 'drive', spending a lifetime of 'going with the flow', then realizing in later life that actually....and if you have a conservative, churchy background, it might be even more awkward. That said, I haven't encountered this in any blokes I know (or know of).

Anyway, the odd thing is I normally feel a mix of pity and contempt for older people who (allegedly) do stuff like this, my having had close friends who are gay since I was in my teens (and also friends with strange and awkward sexual interests). Old people, eh? But, hang on...... this bloke is some years younger than me.

Oh well. Best of luck to him, his family and the other people involved. I hope that everyone involved gets what they deserve, at the end of the day.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you, as an individual permanently in the public eye, were in a media storm, where your reputation was at risk due to claims in the press that were false; would you a) let your missus front up on your behalf with a narrative that you were finding it a bit difficult to deal with, or b) front up yourself and refute all claims with proof of your innocence?

Huw’s silence damns him, we all know it…….he could put this all to bed and deal the sun a mortal blow by demonstrating he wasn’t involved in iffy behaviour (that reference is to avoid libel). Iffy behaviour doesn’t quite cover it does it?
Or c) The bloke with his history of depression is now in a seriously bad place, unable to deal with anything, may feel suicidal and needs immediate high quality medical care and counselling to get him through the next few days and weeks?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
SHOW ME HOW TO GET MORE QUALIFICATION THAN THAT , A DOCTOR HAS DOWN TIME , SOMEONE WITH MH ISSUES DOES`NT HAVE ONE WAKING SECOND OFF .

"QUALIFIED - YOU DAMN RIGHT I AM JACKASS !!
I’m going to go for seven years in medical school, followed by seeing a range of patients instead of just a singular experience

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Since nobody here knows what is really going on in Mr Edwards life at present (or in the recent past), we are all talking bollocks.
The Sun know well enough to print a story about him that probably isn’t in the public interest

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Like I say, neither Schofield or Prince Andrew were guilty of crimes but neither have not been able to redeem their reputations. So whilst there are no “victims” per se, there were quite evidently individuals, poorer and less influential than their wealthy “abusers” who were wrapped up in their respective sordid episodes.

But don’t worry it was the sun that did it.
Prince Andrew was alleged to have had sex with a 17 year old that had been 'trafficed' for the purpose. That makes her a minor in the eyes of American law. He got out of it with money. Schofield on the other hand hasn't been charged with anything but again it was apparently suggested that he knew the other party in the relationship from when he was a young boy and it was Schofield that got him a job. If that was the case then there is no doubt there were two victims in those cases. In this case the Police have decided there is no case which suggests that, if photos were sent, it was done when the person was over 18. Hopefully the Sun will have to answer for what they've done but don't hold your breath.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Just for balance, her parents alleged something which she has denied. Has there been any evidence or facts that prove he has actually done something (illegal or otherwise ) other than social media speculation and a discredited Sun article? Am I missing something here?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
As apposed to the treatment i have received on here in the past , including some comments from you that could have been better worded , but apparently i would have have to pay young boys for lude photographs to have your sympathy .
You're just being silly now.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Like I say, neither Schofield or Prince Andrew were guilty of crimes but neither have not been able to redeem their reputations. So whilst there are no “victims” per se, there were quite evidently individuals, poorer and less influential than their wealthy “abusers” who were wrapped up in their respective sordid episodes.

But don’t worry it was the sun that did it.

Well, there’s lots of unverified information (and misinformation) out there, if it comes to knowing exactly what happened then we probably never will.

However, following your thinking, if (e.g.) a wealthy man walks into a tobacconist and buys cigarettes, has the tobacconist been abused?

The man buying the cigarettes has more power and influence than the tobacconist, but are you sure that makes him the tobacconist’s “abuser”?

So similarly if a somebody has set up a page on OnlyFans or a similar site, and is selling images of themselves, is a poorer person who buys a picture also an abuser, or are they just a punter? What’s the crossover point for you?

If the individual creating these images is a consenting adult who has chosen to make money this way, and the police have investigated and clearly believe that they are, I’d argue that a sales transaction has taken place and nothing more.

Significantly different to Prince Andrew, who allegedly enjoyed sweatless encounters with an underage girl procured and groomed for him by Epstein and friend.

Similarly, as far as I can tell from the press reports, Schofield used his influence to get a young individual into his work organisation, and then enjoyed a relationship with them in which he had total control. The individual in question was completely reliant on Schofield’s influence for their continued employment.

If I were running a responsible newspaper, and having received a signed declaration via lawyers that a story I was considering printing was untrue, I’d pull the story, or at least delay it while fact-checking took place. That’s the difference between journalism and just writing down other people’s shit-talking. The gulf between the Prince Andrew case and this seems (to my eyes) a chasm.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
far more important men to be brought down for far more heinous"crimes" than having colourful peccadillos.. but our questionable tabloids and tv media are complicit in blinkering and diverting the attention to matters that have very little importance or affect on our every day lives .......for instance the media, police and govt. cover ups of what was going on up the country a couple of years ago can only be considered as disgusting , hundreds of kids affected , probably damaged for life.......but a silly old fart sending and receiving nudes to a man a third of his age is an outrage.....prrrfft.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Or c) The bloke with his history of depression is now in a seriously bad place, unable to deal with anything, may feel suicidal and needs immediate high quality medical care and counselling to get him through the next few days and weeks?
This assessment is covered by a) i.e. avoidance of the allegations whilst letting your missus speak up on your behalf.

If poor old Huw has no case to answer in light of the Sun’s revelations then the best “cure” for that is to address the matters directly and close them down. Till then I will assume he’s running the old “Ernest Saunders” playbook.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
This assessment is covered by a) i.e. avoidance of the allegations whilst letting your missus speak up on your behalf.

If poor old Huw has no case to answer in light of the Sun’s revelations then the best “cure” for that is to address the matters directly and close them down. Till then I will assume he’s running the old “Ernest Saunders” playbook.
To be fair, you assume a lot of things and 98% of them are horseshit.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Prince Andrew was alleged to have had sex with a 17 year old that had been 'trafficed' for the purpose. That makes her a minor in the eyes of American law. He got out of it with money. Schofield on the other hand hasn't been charged with anything but again it was apparently suggested that he knew the other party in the relationship from when he was a young boy and it was Schofield that got him a job. If that was the case then there is no doubt there were two victims in those cases. In this case the Police have decided there is no case which suggests that, if photos were sent, it was done when the person was over 18. Hopefully the Sun will have to answer for what they've done but don't hold your breath.
So, PA gets out his particular corner with money, and has no criminal charges answer. PS has no criminal case to answer either, yet we know he got his young squeeze a job on itv and he was living his best life with Phil till the wheels came off.

At this point Huw has not denied whether or not he paid the young person in this case 35k. Maybe that needs to sink in. Who in their right mind is paying a young person (whether or not they were 18) for no discernible reason 35k?

Unless of course like PA and PS it’s simply shut up money? Money which if the victim’s parents are to believed led the young person in question down a road to drug addiction.

That bloody Sun eh?

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
far more important men to be brought down for far more heinous"crimes" than having colourful peccadillos.. but our questionable tabloids and tv media are complicit in blinkering and diverting the attention to matters that have very little importance or affect on our every day lives .......for instance the media, police and govt. cover ups of what was going on up the country a couple of years ago can only be considered as disgusting , hundreds of kids affected , probably damaged for life.......but a silly old fart sending and receiving nudes to a man a third of his age is an outrage.....prrrfft.
A silly old 61 year old fart earning circa 500k of taxpayers money sending 35k to a 17/18 year old who’s parents had complained about his conduct, along by all accounts other young parole he worked with?

Maybe if he worked for an institution that didn’t have a track record of employing nonces, we could all go prrrrft.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
To be fair, you assume a lot of things and 98% of them are horseshit.
If you were a very rich person in the public eye and someone accused you of essentially being a fraud by portraying yourself as upstanding person but actually being other than that, what course of action would you take, right from the off ?
History says well resourced stars tend to annihilate accusers when this happens through their lawyers.
It’s not wild to assume there may be more to the allegations than horseshit.
It’s not horseshit to wonder if huw’s breakdown is largely due to him getting caught.

Who do you reckon funded the young person’s legal team btw? Can’t have been cheap. Let’s not
make assumptions though.

The problem here is people are struggling to separate their views on mental health, their views on having integrity and their hatred of the tabloids.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If you were a very rich person in the public eye and someone accused you of essentially being a fraud by portraying yourself as upstanding person but actually being other than that, what course of action would you take, right from the off ?
History says well resourced stars tend to annihilate accusers when this happens through their lawyers.
It’s not wild to assume there may be more to the allegations than horseshit.
It’s not horseshit to wonder if huw’s breakdown is largely due to him getting caught.

Who do you reckon funded the young person’s legal team btw? Can’t have been cheap. Let’s not
make assumptions though.

The problem here is people are struggling to separate their views on mental health, their views on having integrity and their hatred of the tabloids.
I'm not sure anyone has suggested his current state of mind hasn't been triggered by these events however you are aware he has had depressive episodes previously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here