Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Huw Edwards

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
See posts 424 and 425. I may have given the false impression that the newsreader should be given a knighthood. That wasn't my intention. What had my goat was posts giving the impression of belittling/mocking mental health issues in general.

Regarding your last point, he has documented mental health issues for at least 20 years, so unless he has led a lifetime of deceptiveness (which is not impossible, certainly) then perhaps he has simply just had a sudden recent Kilroy moment.

Yep, I’m aware of his previous mental health history.
The pressure as he tried to limit the damage at the end of last week would have been enough to bring anyone’s mental health down though.
If he‘s behaved as deceptively as reported his dramatic downfall was self inflicted.
Don‘t forgot this is someone who has built up a profitable public image as a Christian, responsible family man.
(This is not to say his current pain is deserved and he’s getting his comeuppance. I wouldn’t wish his current situation on anyone).

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I have had a life of turmoil due to mental and VERY physical abuse , most on here ( with several exceptions - GBY ) have totally forgot that FACT when i have erred ( you arrogant self righteous dicks) but here is a guy that earns half a MILLION quid a year , behaving in the same disgusting way that we have seen from the self regulating bbc for YEARS .
And most on here instead of seeing history repeating itself again again again , you choose to see him as a victim of MH , FO , i am telling you , not F****** suggesting to you , he could not hold down the job he does with a serious Mental Health condition , F****** FACT .
What is it with you people that make you the conscience of the country , to judge people like me harshly because of 33 years of SERIOUS MH issues , but support a person who is earning half a million a year and functioning fine one minute , then is apparently hospitalised WHEN HE IS CAUGHT .
You will undoubtedly give me crap .... but the vast majority will know i am right , and those that THINK i am wrong don`t have the experience of MH .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Your personal experience of living with a mental health condition isn't universal so your post is quite frankly nonsense.
Exactly. The term “mental health” isn’t even really that useful. The brain is just another physical part of our body. Some people “beat” cancer and some don’t (dreadful phrase but a good example), some footballers play through pain like you’d never know and some quickly need an op, people can be off with Covid for a few days or a few months, some alcoholics are high functioning holding down good jobs and others are on the streets.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I have had a life of turmoil due to mental and VERY physical abuse , most on here ( with several exceptions - GBY ) have totally forgot that FACT when i have erred ( you arrogant self righteous dicks) but here is a guy that earns half a MILLION quid a year , behaving in the same disgusting way that we have seen from the self regulating bbc for YEARS .
And most on here instead of seeing history repeating itself again again again , you choose to see him as a victim of MH , FO , i am telling you , not F****** suggesting to you , he could not hold down the job he does with a serious Mental Health condition , F****** FACT .
What is it with you people that make you the conscience of the country , to judge people like me harshly because of 33 years of SERIOUS MH issues , but support a person who is earning half a million a year and functioning fine one minute , then is apparently hospitalised WHEN HE IS CAUGHT .
You will undoubtedly give me crap .... but the vast majority will know i am right , and those that THINK i am wrong don`t have the experience of MH .

I'm sorry to hear what you've been through but I struggle to see what this has to do with Hugh Edwards or the BBC.

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Your personal experience of living with a mental health condition isn't universal so your post is quite frankly nonsense
Your personal experience of living with a mental health condition isn't universal so your post is quite frankly nonsense.
My first recollection of mental and physical abuse was age three , i am 62 this year so consider ( with my multiple MH diagnoses and Bi-polar disorder ) a frickin expert , what expertise do you have ? . ..........waiting for lame snide comeback .

worthingweird

Mar 8, 2023
Well put... hope all's well, i had a nervous breakdown due to stress at work, so i have an idea.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Call me old fashioned but I think what he’s saying Huw Edwards needs to put his dick away, stand up, take responsibility for his previous actions and stop putting his family in the firing line.
Then that’s what he should have said. Because I read “I’ve had a shit life so that makes me a qualified mental heath doctor”.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If Edwards has had a mental health crisis, regardless of if he brought it on himself likely this week would have pushed him into a very bad place so he is not going to be able to sit down with a logical mind and write a letter of apology with a cup of tea, if indeed he has to, that is most likely why his wife stepped in. The bloke is probably hardly able to function at the moment

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
the sun.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Mental health is no respecter of money.
Do you want him to commit suicide? Would that make you feel better?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If Edwards has had a mental health crisis, regardless of if he brought it on himself likely this week would have pushed him into a very bad place so he is not going to be able to sit down with a logical mind and write a letter of apology with a cup of tea, if indeed he has to, that is most likely why his wife stepped in. The bloke is probably hardly able to function at the moment
Is anyone really suggesting he brought his mental health issues on himself?

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Surely the issue here (from the information we have so far) is that there was no victim.

There was an adult who was making a living by selling stuff, and another adult buying stuff. This is capitalism in action, entrepreneurial individuals making money how they can.

The police have already investigated and determined that no criminality took place.

I may be wrong, but this stinks of the Sun finding another angle from which to attack the BBC. Leveson 2 should never have been cancelled. Murdoch senior is running out of time to achieve his long term goal of seeing the BBC destroyed in his lifetime.

I’m delighted that this is instead inviting scrutiny of the Sun, and why they decided to run a story that they knew was false before publication, and then persist with it for several days afterward.
Like I say, neither Schofield or Prince Andrew were guilty of crimes but neither have not been able to redeem their reputations. So whilst there are no “victims” per se, there were quite evidently individuals, poorer and less influential than their wealthy “abusers” who were wrapped up in their respective sordid episodes.

But don’t worry it was the sun that did it.

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Then that’s what he should have said. Because I read “I’ve had a shit life so that makes me a qualified mental heath doctor”.
SHOW ME HOW TO GET MORE QUALIFICATION THAN THAT , A DOCTOR HAS DOWN TIME , SOMEONE WITH MH ISSUES DOES`NT HAVE ONE WAKING SECOND OFF .

"QUALIFIED - YOU DAMN RIGHT I AM JACKASS !!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Since nobody here knows what is really going on in Mr Edwards life at present (or in the recent past), we are all talking bollocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here