Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Huw Edwards

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Anyone that has repressed their true sexuality for so long must be a candidate for having mental health issues.
There is an element in risky behaviour of knowing that could be caught out. They may well have desired this on a conscious or unconscious level.
The police has decided that no offence has been committed on the evidence to date.
I see it as a family matter and a question of wether he has broken his work contract by his behaviour.
The added allegations of workplace harassment probably have more weight than anything else.
The Sun has royally f***ed up on this by believing the parents account and not putting weight on the son/daughter account. I bet the lawyers are rubbing their hands.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm been living in rural Sussex for a while and most small c Conservative people I've spoken to thinks it's a personal matter and nothing to do with them.

Whether that's because they married their cousins I couldn't possible comment.

(joke)

I could easily find more dubious behaviour in this village historically.
Bad news sorry…….. I’m not going to be able to get to you today to repair the ducking stool.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My cousins partner worked as a photo journalist for Murdoch and knew him personally for a while. I couldn’t even begin to tell anyone some of the stories he has told me…… and he was mentioned more than once in the enquiries …..

His story about reporting on a suburban brothel scandal is brilliant.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
When you break it down, the sun have reported a story about something deemed legal by the police and something the "victim" didn't want reported at all.

Not defending the actions of Huw, just feel rather uncomfortable with the above.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This is ultimately why The Sun is in trouble

As to the previous “deep pockets” comment, the paper is estimated to be around £200m in debt, with no assets to speak of. It’s teetering. They’re hugely dependent on advertising, if they take flight after this (as many almost certainly will) then it’s Goodnight Vienna.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Edit: Can't be arsed. None of my business.

Don't buy the Sun.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
5Live actually mentioned the Boris phone scandal again this morning. So diverting us from him to Huw lasted a week.
As for the full Huw story, I'll wait until next week and the Dan Walker Channel 5 special.
Mentaly ill or not, he has contacted the young person and, back then, did know what he was doing. Illegal, no. Morally wrong as a married man, yes.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
5Live actually mentioned the Boris phone scandal again this morning. So diverting us from him to Huw lasted a week.
As for the full Huw story, I'll wait until next week and the Dan Walker Channel 5 special.
Mentaly ill or not, he has contacted the young person and, back then, did know what he was doing. Illegal, no. Morally wrong as a married man, yes.
Absolutely none of our business, yes.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
Like everything its become a polarised debate.

Do I like the Sun and what it stands for? No, albeit I was always a page 3 fan as a teenage paperboy. My opinion has obviously gone downhill as life has gone on. This could be their NOTW moment.

Does Huw Edwards come out of this well? No, again. Taking the legality out of it, coughing up 35 large for explicit photos of a 17 or 18 year old is splitting hairs when they are old enough to be your grandchildren. That bit hasn't been denied.in the statement and is very carefully worded.

Whilst watching that wazzock Rod Liddle on Newsnight is totally unedifying, quite simply they'd be no story if Huw hadn't gone down the path he had done. If he was a Tory MP, we'd all be agreeing. And he'd have probably got away with it as well.
Th

Last edited:

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Time to leave the man and his family in peace.

Reactions: A1X

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
The young man who was funded by Edwards to sustain his drug habit just so he could rock his rocks.

The fact that it happened 2021, when we were all supposed to be at home to protect the vunerable is another matter. The BBC tried to hide it and that's why the parents went to the Sun rag. If the BBC had responded in a proper manner maybe, just maybe the issue could have been kept off the papers and media in general.

Victoria Derbyshire new and commented in a underhand manner on newsnight on Tuesday. Along the lines of, 'We have no idea Huw the presenter, sorry who the presenter is. So even the presenters at the BBC did not like the way this was being presented. Feel sorry for his wife and 5 kids. Imagine what they are going through

Last edited:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
If you say so. I'm merely recounting what a media legal chap was saying on 5Live between 9 and 10pm, when I was out for a run. Whether his "point one" is correct or not, I think his "point two" is why Edwards won't go after The Sun in court, which was the only point I was responding to.

Needless to say, I didn't visit The Sun website before nor during this story, and have no intention of doing so in the future. So, I have no first-hand knowledge of what specific wording they may have used.
Social media eh? Lots of folk repeating what they hear/see as their own views. You can see how easy it is to manipulate us all.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Correct. But as someone who we trust to read us our news I'm not sure.
He will obviously lose his job which, I believe, is correct. But not for what he has done but more for being who he is and what he has done.
What the hell are you going on about? He READS the news, he doesn’t create it (until now!). He’s not a politician, or a teacher or a vicar.
The Sun are a rag which should have been closed down after 1989, they weren’t and won’t be because they are the far right’s channel to the IQ dodging masses, you can’t defend this ‘journalism’.

The BBC have been a joke in this too. This should have been a sub-story until all the facts were known to them. As someone else has stated, the lawyers are going to have a field day.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Anyone that has repressed their true sexuality for so long must be a candidate for having mental health issues.
There is an element in risky behaviour of knowing that could be caught out. They may well have desired this on a conscious or unconscious level.
The police has decided that no offence has been committed on the evidence to date.
I see it as a family matter and a question of wether he has broken his work contract by his behaviour.
The added allegations of workplace harassment probably have more weight than anything else.
The Sun has royally f***ed up on this by believing the parents account and not putting weight on the son/daughter account. I bet the lawyers are rubbing their hands.
I maybe wrong but I'm sure I heard on radio the person he contacted was a girl.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I maybe wrong but I'm sure I heard on radio the person he contacted was a girl.
Will that’s something at least I guess , at least he’s not doing a Schofield and living a lie . However not sure a married man of his age should be trying to meet girls young enough to be his daughter. Maybe he is having a mid life crisis .

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
On a lighter note. I hope my arse looks as good as his at 61. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here