Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hurrah...

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Great draw, am looking forward to it and hope - and am sure - there'll be a top atmosphere and turnout.
Considering Spurs' unremitting yet expensive mediocrity over the past decade or so - and our fans' unfair reputation for being fickle - us poor mugs do actually turn up and fill the stadium week in, week out, so some of the predictions of a 15,000-20,000 gate are just crazy.
I hope you make a better fist of filling the Park Lane corner for away fans than everyone's favourite, cuddly Charlton did a few weeks back, leaving at least half their allocation unsold. Mind you, they did have a long way to travel...
Having trounced your mates the Eagles at the same stage last year, could be a nice bit of symmetry to offer similar to the Eagles. But you never know with this Spurs line-up...!

Never thought I'd see Guy Butters back at the Lane, though... :lolol:

Bring it on, Brighton!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I can see us doing the same to you as we did to West Ham :p

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Yorkie said:
I can see us doing the same to you as we did to West Ham :p

Haha, maybe, maybe...

Yet there is a crucial difference in circumstances:
West Ham is where players go when they leave Tottenham.
Tottenham is where players go when they leave West Ham.

Would rather have Defoe and Carrick (and even Magic Johnson Kanoute) than Rebrov, Etherington and even dear old Teddy these days...

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
The Large One said:
Wondered how long it would be before you go on here Aidan. How's life at the Metro? No chance of writing about our plight before the game?

Evening fella. Well, could hardly pass up this clash of the titans, could I? All is going well and will have a word with the news and sports desks about some kind of coverage. Metro staff seems full of jaded, sad Spurs fans so wouldn't be surprised if they're up for some sort of tie-in...
Am expecting Dick Knight, Martin Perry et all will come up with some imaginative attempts to make the most of the draw too, though? Surely the Spurs board should be able to play ball with a stunt or at least a soundbite. Will have a word with mates on the supporters' trust, who responded positively when called upon for letters following the original Falmer inspector's report.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
SussexSpur said:

Would rather have Defoe and Carrick (and even Magic Johnson Kanoute) than Rebrov, Etherington and even dear old Teddy these days...

I notice you didn't mention Zamora in that line up. Was that intentional? :lolol:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Rangdo said:
I notice you didn't mention Zamora in that line up. Was that intentional? :lolol:

Ah yes, that's the fella, couldn't quite remember the name... :D

He made one of his rare Spurs appearance in the third round game against Palace last January. Was booed incessantly by their fans while warming up then every time he touched the ball after coming on as sub. Then had a Palace player almost scythe him in half with a flying alleged 'tackle'. For which the ref amusingly sent off a completely different, innocent Palace player...
One of Bobby's more eventful games in a Spurs shirt!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here