Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hull v Derby tonight

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is a big test for Hull now, we know they have a good defence but have they got the attacking weapons?

I see Derby as a bigger threat than Hull because they have more of a goal threat and a decent squad too. There's a case for wanting Derby to win this one by three or four and sowing some seeds of doubt in the Hull squad.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Davies and McGuire are no mugs though

Very true. But when you have a solid defensive partnership and understanding it's hard for other players to step in. I would say that's a big strength of ours as Greer,Dunk and Uwe have all had a fair amount of game time this season and can slot in quite comfortably when needed.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
This is a big test for Hull now, we know they have a good defence but have they got the attacking weapons?

I see Derby as a bigger threat than Hull because they have more of a goal threat and a decent squad too. There's a case for wanting Derby to win this one by three or four and sowing some seeds of doubt in the Hull squad.

Ain't hull scored one of the most in league ?

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Very true. But when you have a solid defensive partnership and understanding it's hard for other players to step in. I would say that's a big strength of ours as Greer,Dunk and Uwe have all had a fair amount of game time this season and can slot in quite comfortably when needed.

Indeed - valid point, I just didn't expect them to be as "all over the place" as they seemed to be in the first 20 mins... Hull are one of those teams who have always been solid and concede little no matter who plays at the back

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Hull 0-2 Derby after 34 minutes.

Very nicely taken goal.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Indeed - valid point, I just didn't expect them to be as "all over the place" as they seemed to be in the first 20 mins... Hull are one of those teams who have always been solid and concede little no matter who plays at the back

Commentator's curse - 2-0 Derby.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Great volley. That's what you pay for.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What a very soft goal to concede, I'm surprised by Allan McGregor, he's usually a lot better than that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Derby hitting the form that their squad always suggested they should. We'll do very well to finish ahead of them.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thought since the start of the season that Derby have- by some distance- the best squad on paper at this level. Lots of quality even before last summer, which they seemed to add to wisely with Premier League experience from the likes of Weimann. Also have Thorne (I think it's Thorne) back from a long term injury which must be like having a new player.

Inevitably took time for them to get used to the new manager, but they could easily smash this league.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Maybe I'm watching a different game. Yeah, Derby look solid and some pretty triangles...but Hull are really off the boil. Sloppy goals to give away and the referee is a blatant cheat. Shot from Maloney obviously saved by Carson so he gives a goal kick? Some one has slipped him a back hander.
Ok, I know I absolutely loath Derby and probably want every team in the land(bar one) to beat them, but it looks like the tigers are choking on mutton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here