Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
HT 0-0

I expect Hull to be a different team in the second half. They have a bit of a reputation for coming goood in the second half, notably in their last game at Blackburn,
WA is optimistic.

Warren raving about the performance - we certainly got better I suppose as the half went on

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Stuck on the Tarmac in Newark, please score before they fix the plane!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Radio Humberside is hilarious some great Yorkshire banter. It's very ey-up. They are helping to break the tension

Yep, don't know why people are moaning about them. They're very entertaining and remarkably unbiased (said the foul on Calde deserved a booking, thought we should have had a corner and didn't think the free kick at the end was a foul).

The only blemish was the dissing of Calde "How do you know he's a nice bloke?"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
According to the very disappointed Hull commentators they have a bench of subs that would walk into any other team in the Championship and are a second half team.....
Why are they disappointed if they are a second half team?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
They seem to be relying on long ball tactics a lot - either to the wings or centrally. We defended ok, and were on top for last 20 mins. Knockeart being kep quiet though, apart from one counter attack.

Take Sidwell off and Zamore on and play 4-4-2. Take the game to them.

Hughton would take a point so would be very surprised if went two up front - even though I'd probably love us to do it.

What I do hope is that we don't get deeper and deeper in the second half - getting LuaLua on to run at Hull hopefully will keep them honest

Jan 4, 2016
Why Sidwell? - the Hull commentators have suggested that he's as close to running the game as anyone. A rest for Stephens or Kayak would make more sense, but we seem to be doing alright with the current line-up to be honest.

That's the point. Why change a winning system? 4 wins in four and momentum and change it to accommodate Sidwell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here