Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull City remove disabled price concessions.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I hope the disabled supporters' facilities eventually turn out to be as great as has been promised. In the first season, they weren't.

That's the reason the Football Foundation withheld its grant to the stadium project, until part way through the season.
Looking at the new ones i would say probably one of the best in the country:)

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
[MENTION=6]Lord Bracknell[/MENTION] what were the issues with it originally? I remember something about parking but if I'm honest alot of it went over my head.

What changed?

tinytears

Feb 5, 2010
The main issue was the lack of wheelchair viewing areas at a raised level. 50% of wheelchair seating should be at a raised level in order to give a fair choice of where to sit. Premium seating such as 1901, boxes etc does not count only general seating. The club were 13 seats short on these numbers. When phase 2 & 3 are complete 75% of the wheelchair spaces will be at a raised level. The club reinstated the concession rate last season for this reason. We have no problem with paying the full price once the facilities are correct.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very touchy subject in my opinion, I know a few people confined to wheelchairs, who want to be treated as 'normal' people, so I can see hulls point in what they're doing

Why not treat children as 'normal' and charge them full price?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Twas a joke mate, didn't mean to offend x

You think you can throw verbal grenades about, just as long as you 'didn't mean to offend' and kiss-up afterwards. Now that's funny.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The Albion withdrew concessionary prices for disabled supporters when we moved into the Amex.
But many of our disabled supporters are able to have a carer space for free, so they're getting a good deal IMO.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All in all I have very much enjoyed the first season at the Amex, and can't wait for the next one. Something I couldn't really say at Withdean.
Same as everyone then :D

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But many of our disabled supporters are able to have a carer space for free, so they're getting a good deal IMO.

Getting a good deal? :facepalm:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Getting a good deal? :facepalm:
Why the face-palm? I guess it depends who there carer is. If they're able to go with a member of family (husband, wife, brother etc) then they're going two for one, and are able to enjoy the game together.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why the face-palm? I guess it depends who there carer is. If they're able to go with a member of family (husband, wife, brother etc) then they're going two for one, and are able to enjoy the game together.

You're probably right. I'm sure everyone who needs help with their mobility thinks "this is brilliant."

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You're probably right. I'm sure everyone who needs help with their mobility thinks "this is brilliant."
That's a bit of a silly response. We're talking about the pricing of tickets, not whether being disabled is great.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Must confess i was in stitches reading that:lolol::lolol:

As we all know you can't say such a thing anymore.
Sure you can. You could tell by his earlier posts that he does understand the issue and was just joking, and not being offensive.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would presume disabled children have concessions just as abled bodied children do.

I was being facetious. Personally I think disabled supporters should get a discount. I fully understand and appreciate the desire to be treated the same as others but lets face it, it is tough being less mobile. And I see nothing wrong with making life a little easier for less able people in any situation to be honest.

gully is my god

Apr 13, 2011
Hove
I was being facetious. Personally I think disabled supporters should get a discount. I fully understand and appreciate the desire to be treated the same as others but lets face it, it is tough being less mobile. And I see nothing wrong with making life a little easier for less able people in any situation to be honest.

Letting people spend less money, isnt going to make life easier for them. Just cheaper.
With disabled seating now, you can see everything, and experience everything. If they had restricted view then yes concessions.
Surely keeping the ticket price the same so that there's more money to spend on the facilities available is the right thing to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here