Hull Away...............

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Think some of you uber fans need to have a reality check. Wednesday night in Hull is literally impossible for some of us half-hearted lightweights to manage😡

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think the Doncaster game will be a better way to judge it.. A midweek game against anyone that far is never going to get a high attendance.

I'm also working nights on Saturday too :cry: Another ground I'd like to have ticked off but won't be able to.

Have we played there before??

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
That rather implies disloyalty or some kind of JCL status for those of us who don't go.

I'd love to, I've never been to the KC Stadium and I always like midweek away trips, but I'm working nights that day, I can't get leave, and unless you can come up with a way for me to get from Kingston Upon Hull at the final whistle to Haywards Heath by 10pm, then, regrettably, I won't be there.

My sympathies. 30+ years of working nights/weekends/bank holidays meant my attendance at Albion games suffered greatly but never lost my mojo and I eventually made it to the promised land of getting a normal work/life routine back and being able to choose when and where to go to see those Seagulls. The only constraint now being the cost of diesel (340 mile round trip to the Amex) and testing the outer limits of marital bliss. Plus I even found time to register on NSC. Keep up the good work, 'cos life on the other side really is a footballing Nirvana.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Oh sorry Mr loyal supporter, some people just can't afford it..

That's not fair is it?.....a Sunday afternoon game is a lot more manageable for most people than a Weds eve game, and finances also significant....you are not a true supporter if you go to Liverpool (probably using someone elses's ticket) but to no other away games.

No smiley so dont think you are fishing!

Therefore lets hope your plane doesnt get off ground you judgemental twat!

Calm down chaps! I'm hardly able to judge who the true supporters are - I'm lucky if I can make six games a season. I just happen to be in the UK for the Hull game.

6,000 to Anfield on a Sunday late afternoon was a great turnout, even more so when considering the club sold out so quickly.

My tongue was in cheek - all Brighton fans are heroes to me!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Had Liverpool been Wednsday night and Hull yesterday, then I would have been there, and had to miss Liverpool. Absolutely ridiculous comment. Do we need another "heroes-gate"?

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I'd love to go to Hull - but impossible for me to go - as being a mum I can't just drop everything I have to do with the kids and go up there. I don't think it makes me an any worse fan though - I will still take time out my day to tune into the radio and listen to the match.

We all have our own reasons for not going to matches - and I get a bit sick of these ppl that think they are better than others because they try and go everywhere - great if you have a job that allows you to do that - great if you can - but please don't think your better than the rest of us - because you aren't!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'm on one of my M62 tours. Liverpool yesterday, Rochdale tonight, Leeds tomorrow night and Hull Wednesday.

Fcuk me its grim up north

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
I'd love to go to Hull - but impossible for me to go - as being a mum I can't just drop everything I have to do with the kids and go up there. I don't think it makes me an any worse fan though - I will still take time out my day to tune into the radio and listen to the match.

We all have our own reasons for not going to matches - and I get a bit sick of these ppl that think they are better than others because they try and go everywhere - great if you have a job that allows you to do that - great if you can - but please don't think your better than the rest of us - because you aren't!

Bloody well said!

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
I'm also working nights on Saturday too :cry: Another ground I'd like to have ticked off but won't be able to.

Have we played there before??

We have. An absolutely dire 0-0 draw in 07-08.

I missed the first 20 mins and don't think I saw a shot from either team for the rest of the game.

No alcohol was sold in the away end either! :angry:

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Surely this will go POTG? Thinking of going, but have no way of getting the tickets beforehand...

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Finances meant that I could only afford Liverpool or Hull, not both. I'll have plenty of chances to visit the KC with the Albion, whereas i'll probably have very few to see us play at Anfield, added to the fact the train was cheaper, and I managed to scrape in on a £5 U16 ticket again. If I had the money for it not to be such a hinderence, i'd be there, I looked into it but was tight making it back to Uni that evening too.
Fair play to those who make it... i'll wait until Doncaster.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
We have. An absolutely dire 0-0 draw in 07-08.

I missed the first 20 mins and don't think I saw a shot from either team for the rest of the game.

No alcohol was sold in the away end either! :angry:

Yep was midweek. Was chatting to 2 Donnie fans in Harvester type place close by before match. One was a great bloke, the other wanted to fight the world (larruped)!

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
How many of the 6,000 away fans at Liverpool are going to Hull????????

Lend us the money, and I'll go. The reason I went to Liverpool and not Hull, is my boy started a new job today, and there is no way he could of had a day off in his first week. Add to the fact that I'm skint. Not that I feel I have to justify myself to you or anyone else. But there are reasons beyond peoples control, and some precious people on here, need to realise that.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
350+ , you cannot get a train back to London after the match , in fact you'll only get back to Donny , Sheffield or Leeds on the last trains out of Hull.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports