Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull 5th round Cup game - Monday 17th Feb; Live on BT Sport

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Get to pre-book P&R too, travel by car and P&R wont be an issue if you pre-book. Get to the P&R around 5PM and go into town for a bit !!

Trains will be a nightmare though, as will the bus.

Not that it affects me but how many people can get into Brighton for 5 on a Monday? A lot of us have to work. Personally I wish all the tv companies would leave football alone. Just the cup final and England matches with Match of the day on Saturday nights (they used to cover all the league's) and The Big Match on a Sunday afternoon. Bah!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Thsi was on the website earlier:
http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...s-In-Round-5&p=6160165&viewfull=1#post6160165

'Every club live on TV in the Fifth Round will receive £247,500 in broadcast fees from The FA while the winners of each Fifth Round tie get an extra £180,000 from The FA Cup prize fund.'

Nice. Best part of Half a mill if we win - A big IF though.

Edit: Be a nice carrot for the boys to be drawn at home to Sunderland in the QF going into this one :drool:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Not that it affects me but how many people can get into Brighton for 5 on a Monday? A lot of us have to work.

People who have finished work already that is.

Should also say that if you already pre-booked travel to come to this game for the Saturday, then you are a MASSIVE idiot. Why would you pre-book travel to a game that could have possibly been moved ?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Well that's us out of the cup. We haven't won an evening match at home since November 2012 - I make it 9* evening matches without a win.

*Edit

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Should also say that if you already pre-booked travel to come to this game for the Saturday, then you are a MASSIVE idiot. Why would you pre-book travel to a game that could have possibly been moved ?

To get cheap train tickets?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Well that's us out of the cup. We haven't won an evening match at home since November 2012 - I make it 10 matches ago.

OR maybe we are finally due a win. We do well in home cup games too, especially against lacklustre sides.

To get cheap train tickets?

But why couldnt you (not you you, but you know what i mean) wait an extra couple of days so you can be certain, especially when there was a chance we would be stuck on TV anyway.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

To be fair , the match tickets went on sale this morning and people could have pre-booked travel at the same time because there was nothing to say the date and time of the game could be altered.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What is the smallest gate we have had at the Amex for a competitive match ? I remember 17 k for Gillingham but I cannot remember Wrexham or Wycombe.

I thought the games were to be played on the Saturday and Sunday. There has been no mention before (that I am aware of) that the ties could be on a Monday.

But Monday it is.

I really can't see Hull bringing down more than a couple of hundred, unless they make it into a seaside break. It is half term.

The fact it's on the telly will affect the number of home fans and the fact it's a weekday evening will also knock a few off the attendance, however it is half term, so all the normal stayaways with kids may well turn up.

The pricing is very good, so I think we may just scrape £25k for this one.

And we WILL be in the quarter final draw!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here