Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton today ?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Well you lot. Let's suggest we sack CH and get in a replacement. Then we can look to mid table or lower given our budget. You lots are morons and a disgrace. CH is not perfect but he is a very good manager for us. If you have ever managed you will realised not everything comes right.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Is this a joke?

I hope it is. Hughton has done a terrific work here. I do think that his caution could cost us dear though. Too often we have handed teams a way back into a game by going defensive.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Well you lot. Let's suggest we sack CH and get in a replacement. Then we can look to mid table or lower given our budget. You lots are morons and a disgrace. CH is not perfect but he is a very good manager for us. If you have ever managed you will realised not everything comes right.

Don't be silly. I think most people have the utmost respect for CH but if he makes decisions that are in people's opinions wrong then it's fair game.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Don't be silly. I think most people have the utmost respect for CH but if he makes decisions that are in people's opinions wrong then it's fair game.

Good that is very nice to hear. It is easy however to be right with the benefit of hindsight. I want the club and the supporters to support him and his methods. He is here for us and NOT for himself like a previous manager. He is not always right. He will though do it his way and we have to accept that. It will not always prove to be right in hindsight but believe me it will more times than not.

If anybody here can think of a better manager who would come here I suggest they put his name forward. Otherwise cut the critical comment of our manager and have another pint like me. I have lost count by the way !!!!!!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Brighton have won 16 games this season by one goal. Funny how no one says we should 'go for it' after those games...

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
There are some games where you should make defensive subs against sides who are posing little threat to conserve energy. Yesterday was not one of those games, get LuaLua/Skalak on and give Burnley something to think about. Unfortunately we made it all to easy for them to get constant crosses in the box in the last 10 mins and the equalizer was almost inevitable.

Think that's the nail in the coffin in our automatic hopes, can't see Boro slipping up in their next few games. With the amount of energy and effort we put into the game I worry that we'll struggle against Birmingham too.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Good that is very nice to hear. It is easy however to be right with the benefit of hindsight. I want the club and the supporters to support him and his methods. He is here for us and NOT for himself like a previous manager. He is not always right. He will though do it his way and we have to accept that. It will not always prove to be right in hindsight but believe me it will more times than not.

If anybody here can think of a better manager who would come here I suggest they put his name forward. Otherwise cut the critical comment of our manager and have another pint like me. I have lost count by the way !!!!!!

I think this substitution was wrong. Do I want to get rid of CH - don't be so stupid. I also hope that like everyone else he might make a different substitution next time. In hindsight Lua Lua would have been a better choice, but if he had made that and Lua Lua gave the ball away we would have been screaming at him. That's the nature of the beast, but we are allowed to debate it on a message board after the game

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Hughton has done a fantastic job this season with the budget and players he has had available fact! On the negative side we have not scored enough goals and we have not been able to defend a lead on numerous occasions yesterday was a prime example, Hughton pushed the same self destruct button at MK Dons a couple of weeks ago but for a god awful penalty miss that game would have ended in a draw. We are where we are in the table because we haven't lost many games. Yesterday was one big missed opportunity and now we probably need to win all our remaining games, sadly I'm not sure we are capable of this with 11 draws away from home its the lottery play-offs for us!

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne

People need to show that respect then. Someone on here has suggested Bong was a bad substitution! Who else should have come on when Bruno got injured? Hemed was out on his feet from about 60 minutes. Would have been great if Zamora had been available but he wasn't. Seriously we have had a great season much better then most on here could ever have predicted and mostly that is down to Hughtons management. I am pleased he is our Manager and hope the moronic minority don't try and drive him out.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
As Didier Deschamps said "Managers are responsible for 10% of wins and 90% of defeats. That's how it works". Didn't mention draws but you get the idea. It's all so easy with hindsight. Several players had already been looking tired for a while and we were already slipping deeper and deeper so most managers would have done the same. We're talking about holding on for the last 10 minutes, not half an hour so it was hardly a surprising or negative move. Personally I'd love to see us keep attacking but we hadn't managed to kill the game off before so how do we know we would have done near the end? Being more open might have proved disastrous considering we were always likely to face an onslaught. If the ref hadn't given a dubious foul against Dunk, we may have seen it through safely anyway - it's all just speculation. What the players really need to do is get better at ensuring we capitalise when we get the chance as, to be fair, we have in some recent games. Then we won't have to worry. Hughton has done SO much more right than wrong that it seems unfair to focus on just this one thing.

D

Deleted member 2719

As Didier Deschamps said "Managers are responsible for 10% of wins and 90% of defeats. That's how it works". Didn't mention draws but you get the idea. It's all so easy with hindsight. Several players had already been looking tired for a while and we were already slipping deeper and deeper so most managers would have done the same. We're talking about holding on for the last 10 minutes, not half an hour so it was hardly a surprising or negative move. Personally I'd love to see us keep attacking but we hadn't managed to kill the game off before so how do we know we would have done near the end? Being more open might have proved disastrous considering we were always likely to face an onslaught. If the ref hadn't given a dubious foul against Dunk, we may have seen it through safely anyway - it's all just speculation. What the players really need to do is get better at ensuring we capitalise when we get the chance as, to be fair, we have in some recent games. Then we won't have to worry. Hughton has done SO much more right than wrong that it seems unfair to focus on just this one thing.

Disagree, Hughton needs to take the pressure off the players and fans and hold his hands up for the last 20mins (not 10mins as you stated).That would show us what type of manager we have.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Disagree, Hughton needs to take the pressure off the players and fans and hold his hands up for the last 20mins (not 10mins as you stated).That would show us what type of manager we have.

Bong came on after 82 mins. Sidwell after 85. If the team dropped deeper before that, well, it happens all the time as players get tired and concerned about protecting what they've got. Drives managers nuts. So I really don't know what you mean but I think I know what type of manager we have - overall, a bloody good one!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Managers make 100s of decisions over the course of a season, some are bound not to work out how they hoped. The better managers - very evidently like ours - get more right than they get wrong. I'd say CHs rate of getting it right has been pretty bloody good this season.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
CH has transformed a team of losers into one of the top two in the Championship (Boro the other). We are better than a Premiership in all but name squad (Burnley). CHHas transformed the atmosphere - people want to go to the Amex now. We got caught out yesterday by Burnely doing what the always do - they always go for all out attack in the last 15 mins. We're definitely in the playoffs at worst and we have absolutely no one to fear. If we don't go up this year and assuming we build on strength over the summer we will definitely go up next season. No one will be stronger than us.

And Derby aren't going to make the playoffs again

Let's really enjoy and celebrate what we have. Most people would give their right arms to be where we are right here, right now. CH is becoming an Albion legend.

D

Deleted member 2719

Bong came on after 82 mins. Sidwell after 85. If the team dropped deeper before that, well, it happens all the time as players get tired and concerned about protecting what they've got. Drives managers nuts. So I really don't know what you mean but I think I know what type of manager we have - overall, a bloody good one!
I don't dispute CH has got the squad playing for one another, what I am not happy with is 'hanging on' with so long to go. Wilson was wandering around up top on his own with hemed tucked in behind around the 70 min marked, that was a typical hughton adjustment imo. I just hope the players don't get fed up with as well, as it will backfire on us and CH.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
CH has transformed a team of losers into one of the top two in the Championship (Boro the other). We are better than a Premiership in all but name squad (Burnley). CHHas transformed the atmosphere - people want to go to the Amex now. We got caught out yesterday by Burnely doing what the always do - they always go for all out attack in the last 15 mins. We're definitely in the playoffs at worst and we have absolutely no one to fear. If we don't go up this year and assuming we build on strength over the summer we will definitely go up next season. No one will be stronger than us.

And Derby aren't going to make the playoffs again

Let's really enjoy and celebrate what we have. Most people would give their right arms to be where we are right here, right now. CH is becoming an Albion legend.

Sorry don't agree villa Newcastle and Sunderland won't accept anything other than top 6 miss out this season and with parachute payments going up it just may become a step to far for us hope I'm wrong

D

Deleted member 2719

People need to show that respect then. Someone on here has suggested Bong was a bad substitution! Who else should have come on when Bruno got injured? Hemed was out on his feet from about 60 minutes. Would have been great if Zamora had been available but he wasn't. Seriously we have had a great season much better then most on here could ever have predicted and mostly that is down to Hughtons management. I am pleased he is our Manager and hope the moronic minority don't try and drive him out.
Hang on Hughton done well getting us #together, however he has had a much bigger budget than those before him. He will be judged whether he brings us prem football I reckon.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Sorry don't agree villa Newcastle and Sunderland won't accept anything other than top 6 miss out this season and with parachute payments going up it just may become a step to far for us hope I'm wrong

Newcastle are going to do a Blackburn. All the good players (Mitrovic in other words) will be sold, some will retire (Coloccini), and then they will be left with sulks and no hopers. Benitez will be elsewhere. SUnderland? Who knows, but if they are in the Championship it won't be with Allardyce. And don't the parachute payments go up at the end of next season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here