Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton to West Ham?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I would imagine this must be the job of a lifetime for someone like Chris, who's had a very promising managerial career cut short at various clubs and finally has found somewhere where his talents and ideas are appreciated, and he's given the time and resources to imprint them.

In fact I sometimes wonder if he feels there's almost too little pressure from his bosses, who I think would back him even if we go down. Maybe most of the pressure comes from his own desire to make Brighton succeed in the Premier League.

Remember how underwhelmed some of us felt when he took the job? I thought he'd probably be a short-term steadying hand, but never suspected we'd signed a guy who will possibly turn out to be our greatest ever manager, and not just because of on-the-field results.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Move this thread on a few years and lets assume CH has hit a ceiling with us [we're still prem / not relegated]. Never mind where he might go, what sort of Manager would we want here to take us to the next level - aka regular top half prem side [assuming CH couldn't achieve this].

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here