Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton out- Discuss

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
so this is one of those really dumb threads like the Barnes one thats going to be bounced regularly for years?

And guess what, you're right!

Thought this was an opportune time to resurrect this thread on the basis that I started it just after we played Spurs last year. Then, they were on the back of, I think, three defeats and with their 3rd choice keeper. We sat back and let them come on to us and we lost. This year, Spurs in disarray but this time we get in their faces and we get a massively difference outcome.

with regard to the game, spurs were diabolical and the likes of Kane will be looking at that come the January transfer window.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
And guess what, you're right!

Thought this was an opportune time to resurrect this thread on the basis that I started it just after we played Spurs last year. Then, they were on the back of, I think, three defeats and with their 3rd choice keeper. We sat back and let them come on to us and we lost. This year, Spurs in disarray but this time we get in their faces and we get a massively difference outcome.

with regard to the game, spurs were diabolical and the likes of Kane will be looking at that come the January transfer window.

And Erikson playing like he's already signed an agreement to play elsewhere.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think some of our fans think they are supporting a better team than Brighton. Sad that a thread like this is even started, the op should have a word with himself after thinking how far we have come since CH arrived. Whether we like it or not survival is all that actually matters now that we are at the top table, we are on course to give ourselves a chance. We are not going to be one of the attractive teams in this division for a while, if ever.

Well you changed your tune 6 months later (following the Saints, Bournemouth and Cardiff games in fairness to myself). I THINK that’s when I also called for him to go, it had been brewing since Xmas though :smile:

SO happy to be wrong about when we would become attractive to watch

Last edited:

Well you changed your tune 6 months later (following the Saints, Bournemouth and Cardiff games in fairness to myself). I THINK that’s when I also called for him to go, it had been brewing since Xmas though :smile:

You know what they say about people who talk to themselves ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

For a post in Sept I think I pretty much nailed it (which is nice) in #48.

'Dont be a twunk asking for his head, as it gets in the way of discussing the current failings'.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
For a post in Sept I think I pretty much nailed it (which is nice) in #48.

'Dont be a twunk asking for his head, as it gets in the way of discussing the current failings'.

At that time, the question was about the failings and, more importantly, who it was down to. Was it the players or the tactics of the manager.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At that time, the question was about the failings and, more importantly, who it was down to. Was it the players or the tactics of the manager.
History will say you were the first (probably).
The upcoming 3 wins suggest you were early.

But it does show the foundations for '9 at the back' started early.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I reckon the vast majority of those who wanted a change by the end of the season, were the same as you, jumping on the bandwagon after the shocking home performances in those last 4 months. I was a CH loyalist, but enough was enough. Not just Bmuff, but Stains and Cardiff of all teams giving us a football lesson in our stadium.

Good in a way, as it made it clearcut for me.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Great day yesterday but Wolves won at Man City and Newcastle beat United. We are two points above the relegation zone and there is much work to be done. We have more hope after yesterday though

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You know what they say about people who talk to themselves ?

Always guaranteed a quality conversation :shrug:

Edit: I was thinking mostly with respect to myself. I can't speak on behalf of others in this instance.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Great day yesterday but Wolves won at Man City and Newcastle beat United. We are two points above the relegation zone and there is much work to be done. We have more hope after yesterday though

I never worry about other clubs at this time of the season. 30 Albion games to go, we’re playing beautiful football, scared of no one, brilliant youngsters are making the first team, we’ve got Etihad/Stamford Bridge out of way, and Stephens and others are playing the best football of their careers.

Enjoy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Or even worse, Corbyn or Abbott.

A bit quick off the mark, there, Westy. You're not softening towards the Great Confabulator are you ? ??? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here