Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton: "I have no doubts we'll be ready come that first game of the season."

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Rosenior IS the one decent pro we've signed.

As [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION] correctly said, the rest of the signings really are "cross your fingers" style punts again that may or may not come off. The recurring factor is that the club does not have the finance, desire or wherewithal any more to sign players of proven ability at this level. So far, once again, its L1 standard, kids, or cheap (free) foreigners.

Then there'll be the loans. Lots of loans.

Thanks for being closer to my post merely pointing out one player omitted from US post ..and of course I did mention we seemed to lack any real quality (threat wise) in any of our signings ..there does seem to be a lot of angst today ..I think I'll take a step back.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thanks for being closer to my post merely pointing out one player omitted from US post ..and of course I did mention we seemed to lack any real quality (threat wise) in any of our signings ..there does seem to be a lot of angst today ..I think I'll take a step back.

Me too. There's no point in a binfest with those who are determined to moan. There is always something to moan about.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Totally agree although I think many are seriously overrating our midfield as kayal is the only real known quality...Ince blows hot and cold,crofts is very slow and offers little,Stephens goes missing a lot and offers little,jfc is crap etc etc.You have ageing Calderon on the right wing in which is getting stupid now:nono:
If kayal gets crocked which is highly possible then we'll be awful in midfield and a league 1 midfield:down:

And the last game you went to was......?

According to my bees buddy the striker and wingers that Brentford signed recently played brilliant on Saturday against Stoke and with lots of pace and skill....They'll do very well next season as they have pace and skill and that's everything we don't have.

And the reason Mark Warburton left was......?

Our scouting is way behind other clubs as we normally sign ageing players who want a last big pay day...We never learn do we?

Get ready for signing overpaid rejects at the death again this season:(

Like the 21 and 19 year old strikers we signed, one of who came from Real Madrid?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

No angst from me, at least not directed at you. You seem to think I was having a pop for some reason - I wasn't. Just from your reply you seemed to think Uncle S was referring to either Maenpaa or Bong as the "decent pro" signings. They're not, they're the "punt" signings, the same as Hemed, Hambo and Harper. Rosenior is the only one with any recognisable track record that's been brought in. That's all.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Still 5 weeks until the transfer window closes - knowing us it will be a rush of new faces at the end of August. I had hoped though we had learnt from last year...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Why? Most people more astute than you are worried by the lack of quality signings. Carry on tho, believing in the infinite wisdom of the club over the fans. Good luck with that :thumbsup:

Astute?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We've had one shit season out of the last five. I'd give my right arm for that over the whole of my Albion supporting life.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No angst from me, at least not directed at you. You seem to think I was having a pop for some reason - I wasn't. Just from your reply you seemed to think Uncle S was referring to either Maenpaa or Bong as the "decent pro" signings. They're not, they're the "punt" signings, the same as Hemed, Hambo and Harper. Rosenior is the only one with any recognisable track record that's been brought in. That's all.

Being a full international isn't a track record these days?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Still nearly two weeks to go. I suspect there will be more twixt now and then.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

In fairness, proven Championship signings generally cost a lot of money and we'd be competing with most clubs in the division. You have to take punts. Ulloa was a punt and was very successful as have a number of others we took in recent years. Bong at least has some Championship experience while Hemed has a decent record in Spain. He may not be the answer to all our problems but I'm confident that him and Baldock will improve on our striking options from the end of last season.

We still need pace on the wings but the club have clearly been trying to find that (Marshall would definitely count as proven at this level). It may take time but if we do get a player like him, it would be worth waiting until August.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Being a full international isn't a track record these days?

You need to look at it in the context of the country. Israel is not a major international team really. 5 of his 10 goals were against Luxembourg over 2 games, 1 other against Andorra. He scored 8 in 35 in Spain last season

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I make it two.The Garcia season was shit, despite the barely-deserved play-off place.

Pretty much proves my point about you. We got to the play offs. The football may not have been great but the squad was good enough to come sixth despite a horrendous run of injuries. It's very harsh to say that we barely deserved a play off place when you look at how many injuries we had that season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pretty much proves my point about you. We got to the play offs. The football may not have been great but the squad was good enough to come sixth despite a horrendous run of injuries. It's very harsh to say that we barely deserved a play off place when you look at how many injuries we had that season.

Try watching what you're seeing. That season was TURGID.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Try watching what you're seeing. That season was TURGID.

It wasn't the most exciting ever but we were severely limited by injuries. There were good games in it though and we came sixth.

CMS, Orlandi and Hoskins hardly played, Bridcutt missed the first half of the season and then left, Buckley didn't play much, Barnes left in January, Ulloa missed three months early in the season and Crofts missed the second half of the season. How many teams would cope with that and still be able to come sixth?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here