Hughton FINALLY back from holiday

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
LETTER, CHRISTOPHER W. G. HUGHTON TO ANTHONY LIZARD BLOOM
25 May.

My dear Tony,
We've told yarns by the campfire in the prairies, and dressed one another's wounds after trying a landing of the Santa Cruz, and drunk healths on the shore of Titicaca. There are more yarns to be told, and other wounds to be healed, and another health to be drunk. Won't you let this be at my campfire tomorrow night? I have no hesitation in asking you, as I know a certain tight-tracksuited gentleman is engaged to a certain appointment westward, and that you are free. There will only be one other, our old pal at the Iran, Alireza Jahanbakhsh. He's coming, too, and we both want to mingle our weeps over the wine cup, and to drink a health with all our hearts to the happiest man in all the wide world, who has won the noblest heart that God has made and best worth winning. We promise you a hearty welcome, and a loving greeting, and a health as true as your own right hand. We shall both swear to leave you at home if you drink too deep to a certain pair of eyes. Come!

Yours, as ever and always,

Christopher W G. Hughton

TELEGRAM FROM FALMER TO CHRISTOPHER W G HUGHTON

8th June

Where the **** are you? We’ve a left back to make a summer saga out of.

P.S Count me in every time. I bear messages which will make both your ears tingle. Tone.

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Based on the last few seasons this was the perfect time for Hughton to be on holiday as there was zero chance of the club getting involved in any business early doors.

In fact he could have gone away for a gap-year style backpacker trip, got back a week before the first game of the season with the obligatory henna tattoo, pierced eyebrow, and know it all attitude, and probably wouldn't have missed any notable Albion action in the transfer market.

One word - Bournemouth?????

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Hoorah!

Now, I'm all for people being entitled to annual leave, but when Chris Hughton took on the job he knew full well we weren't going to be in the play-offs. So why the blinking hell did he only finish his holiday until the end of last week? The season finished over a MONTH ago, why on earth does a bloke who only joined in January need a whole month off?

Well, it's just great isn't it. What's the first thing he's done since coming back from his hols? Slap a statement out there about the importance of FFP. Well that will lift the morale around the place. Don't our club ever learn?

Liverpool, albeit a bigger club than we'll ever be, have had an absolute embarrassment of a season. Yet their season finished only a couple of weeks ago and they've already got two key signings in on a free, presumably after weeks, probably months of negotiation. Derby, almost certain to be favourites for the league, have already recruited a new manager and already made a couple of signings. That was our excuse for being late in the market last year! What have we been doing? Well, Hughton sunning himself on a beach seemingly and not showing the Iranian the stadium or training ground.

Van Gaal managed Holland in the World Cup last year and straight into the Man U job, binning off a holiday in the process. He knew he had to rebuild and needed as much time to do it as possible. We need a left back, probably 2 wingers and 2 forwards as a MINIMUM and we're now fighting the clock yet again. We need the core of the team done for the opening game, not the end of August, as proved last season with Fenelon playing the opening game where we dropped points at home to Sheffield bloody Wednesday, good grief.

Derby, Birmingham, Wolves, MK Dons, Brentford, Preston and Forest all in amongst the deals already. How many of these are we likely to be competing with these for the play-offs, if that even is our aim? A majority no doubt. But no, here we are, listening to tiresome stories in the Argus about a Finish keeper we don't even need and a winger who will no doubt join a club with a bit more ambition.

If we're pinning our hopes on O'Grady (who doesn't want to be here) and Colunga (who Hughton already turned down) then we're basically fcked already. I really, really hope we're being super busy in the transfer market behind the scenes but I just can't see it.

Where's the odds on us to go down? Hope to be proved wrong but if the next few weeks are anything like the 5 weeks since the season ended then I fear we're in for another dire season and more cancelled season tickets at the end of the year.

Save your comments about bedwetting for when we actually announce a decent signing - I hope it's in the Argus tomorrow but just can't see it.

Utter drivel. Uninformed nonsense based on zero knowledge of the facts purely to serve a childish agenda.

Are there still dinosaurs wandering around in your garden? Has someone invented the wheel yet?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Hoorah!

Now, I'm all for people being entitled to annual leave, but when Chris Hughton took on the job he knew full well we weren't going to be in the play-offs. So why the blinking hell did he only finish his holiday until the end of last week? The season finished over a MONTH ago, why on earth does a bloke who only joined in January need a whole month off?

Well, it's just great isn't it. What's the first thing he's done since coming back from his hols? Slap a statement out there about the importance of FFP. Well that will lift the morale around the place. Don't our club ever learn?

Liverpool, albeit a bigger club than we'll ever be, have had an absolute embarrassment of a season. Yet their season finished only a couple of weeks ago and they've already got two key signings in on a free, presumably after weeks, probably months of negotiation. Derby, almost certain to be favourites for the league, have already recruited a new manager and already made a couple of signings. That was our excuse for being late in the market last year! What have we been doing? Well, Hughton sunning himself on a beach seemingly and not showing the Iranian the stadium or training ground.

Van Gaal managed Holland in the World Cup last year and straight into the Man U job, binning off a holiday in the process. He knew he had to rebuild and needed as much time to do it as possible. We need a left back, probably 2 wingers and 2 forwards as a MINIMUM and we're now fighting the clock yet again. We need the core of the team done for the opening game, not the end of August, as proved last season with Fenelon playing the opening game where we dropped points at home to Sheffield bloody Wednesday, good grief.

Derby, Birmingham, Wolves, MK Dons, Brentford, Preston and Forest all in amongst the deals already. How many of these are we likely to be competing with these for the play-offs, if that even is our aim? A majority no doubt. But no, here we are, listening to tiresome stories in the Argus about a Finish keeper we don't even need and a winger who will no doubt join a club with a bit more ambition.

If we're pinning our hopes on O'Grady (who doesn't want to be here) and Colunga (who Hughton already turned down) then we're basically fcked already. I really, really hope we're being super busy in the transfer market behind the scenes but I just can't see it.

Where's the odds on us to go down? Hope to be proved wrong but if the next few weeks are anything like the 5 weeks since the season ended then I fear we're in for another dire season and more cancelled season tickets at the end of the year.

Save your comments about bedwetting for when we actually announce a decent signing - I hope it's in the Argus tomorrow but just can't see it.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Let's assume the accusation is true. In a massive lapse of concentration Chris failed to tell his travel agent that he needed to holiday somewhere where there was wifi and mobile reception...or landline, telegram and fax machine. Let's suppose this is true, then there a few possible configurations of post card that would serve Chris' transfer communications...but which one? The vertical or horizontal configuration?

Vertical
http://wheelsnorth.campyonly.com/images/postcards/Postcards 5-31-080034.jpg

Horizontal
https://wsccdespatch.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/post-card-vacation-sarajevo-backa-copy1.jpg

Do you think we will possibly lose out on a striker because Chris is sloppy with the application of his stamps and somehow he inadvertently covers the name of a transfer target?

What if he goes to write the postcard with his transfer targets and finds he's distracted by the postcards such that he forgets why he was even looking to write a postcard in the first place?

http://ebid.s3.amazonaws.com/upload_big/1/0/7/1341222944-18004-64.jpg

Do they give coaching and guidance to managers for these situations?

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Let's assume the accusation is true. In a massive lapse of concentration Chris failed to tell his travel agent that he needed to holiday somewhere where there was wifi and mobile reception...or landline, telegram and fax machine. Let's suppose this is true, then there a few possible configurations of post card that would serve Chris' transfer communications...but which one? The vertical or horizontal configuration?

Vertical
http://wheelsnorth.campyonly.com/images/postcards/Postcards 5-31-080034.jpg

Horizontal
https://wsccdespatch.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/post-card-vacation-sarajevo-backa-copy1.jpg

Do you think we will possibly lose out on a striker because Chris is sloppy with the application of his stamps and somehow he inadvertently covers the name of a transfer target?

What if he goes to write the postcard with his transfer targets and finds he's distracted by the postcards such that he forgets why he was even looking to write a postcard in the first place?

http://ebid.s3.amazonaws.com/upload_big/1/0/7/1341222944-18004-64.jpg

Do they give coaching and guidance to managers for these situations?

Ah found an example of how it's done...
http://i1.irishmirror.ie/incoming/article2034309.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Postcard.jpg

D

Deleted member 2719

All full time employees are entitled to 28 days a year. I think 4 weeks off in May and early June is quite a good time to take a chunk of that break to be honest.

They may well be entitled to it, that doesn't mean some employees deserve it......hmmmm does Hughton deserve it???

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Barber is working hard behind the scenes.....

He has made it quite clear he is NOT anything to do with the recruiting side only when players are leaving and negotiating the best sale value . Which is nicely sidestepping the cluster**** when Burke was in charge.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
ARGUS now reporting Hughton is back from holiday for the THIRD time.

Meanwhile, just one week before the players go back and for the second season in a row we've signed NOBODY.

When does this thread become reality rather than "bedwetting"?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
ARGUS now reporting Hughton is back from holiday for the THIRD time.

Meanwhile, just one week before the players go back and for the second season in a row we've signed NOBODY.

When does this thread become reality rather than "bedwetting"?

I do believe the bedwetters owned the positive brigade last season, hopefully this pre-season will be a much better affair

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here