Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton expecting tough test for Albion at QPR [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Chris Hughton says Albion will need their fighting instincts and quality again to stretch their unbeaten league run to 21 games at QPR tomorrow night.
The Seagulls sit proudly on top of the Championship table with 11 wins and nine draws.
Boss Hughton told The Argus: "We haven't won a game by more than one goal so we've had to fight for everything we've got. The position we have got to in the league at the moment has been built on a really good team ethic.
"Of course we've got quality. We scored a couple of goals at Derby, three at Ipswich, so we have got a little bit more away from home than we had last season, but it's built on really good team togetherness."
Hughton expects mid-table Rangers, four points off the play-offs, to be every bit as tough as promotion rivals Derby, where Albion drew 2-2 on Saturday, in Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's second game in charge at Loftus Road.
He said: "It's a tough place to play. They will get a full house I would think. We'll take a fair crowd ourselves but it's quite an an intimidating place.
"We have got to expect all of that. We had that on Saturday at Derby and we are going to have to show everything we showed on Saturday to get a result.
"He (Hasselbaink) is a high-profile ex-player that wanted to manage. I'm quite sure there would have been opportunities maybe at Championship level for him but he chose to go to Burton.
"I'm full of admiration for the way that he has done it. They (Burton) were very successful and I'm quite sure he'll continue that success at QPR."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here