Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hudds after Pritchard

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why woulld TB buy them a player?

Surely we're now at the point where our income/revenues is what we rely on, rather than TB?

Or even with Premier League money, we still require TB to top us up ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is it? are we trading in the black yet? If that is so why the delay in us signing a striker?

If we're not trading in the black then we might as well give up

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely we're now at the point where our income/revenues is what we rely on, rather than TB?

Or even with Premier League money, we still require TB to top us up ?

EL Pres wrote that currently he expects the Albion to be in profit to the tune of £10m, for this season.
That's not accounting for final league position prize money.

So assuming 'we' sign a good striker, the club will still have to ask Tony to pick up the shortfall.
Although I assume, with Piltchard set for an £11m transfer, Tony's assets Dunk, Gross, Ryan etc have all increased exponentially thanks to the Premier League.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
EL Pres wrote that currently he expects the Albion to be in profit to the tune of £10m, for this season.
That's not accounting for final league position prize money.

So assuming 'we' sign a good striker, the club will still have to ask Tony to pick up the shortfall.
Although I assume, with Piltchard set for an £11m transfer, Tony's assets Dunk, Gross, Ryan etc have all increased exponentially thanks to the Premier League.

Transfers are off-set against the length of the contract aren't they ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Transfers are off-set against the length of the contract aren't they ?
I'm already out of my depth.

Fag packets economics suggests whatever Dunk was worth in May, that figure can be doubled now.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’d be content if we signed him, sure his stars aren’t amazing at Naaarch but they’ve been a car crash for the last 18 months. I appreciate the debacle which surrounded him signing for Norwich but we’ve all made mistakes, and Pritchard would have undoubtedly been advised by an agent who had the best intentions for his career and not his own financial gain.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I’d be content if we signed him, sure his stars aren’t amazing at Naaarch but they’ve been a car crash for the last 18 months. I appreciate the debacle which surrounded him signing for Norwich but we’ve all made mistakes, and Pritchard would have undoubtedly been advised by an agent who had the best intentions for his career and not his own financial gain.

This - he's a good player and I'd far rather he was playing for us than Huddersfield.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
The only reason I would sign him is to make sure Huddersfield don’t. Good player and Huddersfield radar seems to be good when it comes to signing players with championship experience Mooy and Ince for example.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The only reason I would sign him is to make sure Huddersfield don’t. Good player and Huddersfield radar seems to be good when it comes to signing players with championship experience Mooy and Ince for example.

Has Ince scored yet this season? At one stage not so long ago he had the enviable record of most shots without scoring of anyone in the Premier League

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Has Ince scored yet this season? At one stage not so long ago he had the enviable record of most shots without scoring of anyone in the Premier League

Scored on boxing day against Stoke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here