Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
They will fall away soon. They haven't played anybody any good yet.......

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Anybody heard why Nakhi Wells had to be subbed last night?

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Newcastle Home - Bristol C, Fulham, Wigan, Burton, Leeds, Preston, Barnsley.
Away - BHA, Huddersfield, Reading, Birmingham, Sheff Wed, Ipswich, Cardiff

BHA Home - Reading, Newcastle, Derby, Blackburn, Birmingham, Wigan, Bristol C
Away - Forest, Rotherham, Leeds, QPR, Wolves, Norwich, Villa

Hudds Home - Newcastle, Villa, Burton, Norwich, Preston, Fulham, Cardiff
Away - Barnsley, Man City (FAC) Wolves (TBA) Brentford, Bristol C, Forest, Derby, Birmingham

All a matter of opinion on who has the Harder/Easier set of fixtures. Newcastle have great away form, but probably have the toughest fixtures away.
Brighton have great home form and the stats suggest we do well against sides who are struggling.
Huddersfield in my opinion have an ok set of fixtures, but are still in the cup (they will use other players in the squad) have to arrange a date for Wolves away, but remind me of us from last season, having a fantastic run. I am none the wiser having studied the fixtures remaining, but overall would not want Newcastle's away list.If Gayle is out for a further period, good news for us and Huddersfield, but Shelvey is a class act. Will Rafa change his tactics for the game against us. Interesting aswell for Bristol City no Tammy Abraham, returned to Chelsea for treatment on an injury. They could be in serious trouble at the bottom.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Anybody heard why Nakhi Wells had to be subbed last night?

Got cramp. Al Habsi was excellent actually, ran straight over to him and helped him out - great sportsmanship.

I'd expect Quaner to start on Saturday as we've started to rotate them (and makes sense to play the more physical one away at Barnsley), Wells will come on after 70.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Looking at the final 14 fixtures for the current top 3 teams makes interesting reading.

Huddersfield only play 1 team from the current top 6 - Newcastle at home, while Newcastle have to play all of the current top 6, with only the game against Leeds being at home. We have 3 of the top 6 to play, Newcastle and Reading at home and Leeds away.

Where there are also potential gains is at the bottom of the table - where I know the feeling will be that teams will be fighting for points, but over a season you don't end up at the wrong end of the table if you are a good side - I know Rotherham made us look stupid last season away, so nothing should be taken for granted.

As it stands we have the bottom 4 to play - 3 of which are at home, whereas Newcastle have 2 and Huddersfield only 1 of the current bottom 4, ergo their games should in theory be against better opposition!

All we can do is wait and see, but it is going to be mighty interesting - and I wouldn't bet against Huddersfield getting into the top two positions, I would however be deeply worried if I was a Newcastle fan, looking at their upcoming fixtures. Mind you, if they ride out their next 3 games with maximum points they could be out of sight - so basically, who knows!

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
Looking at the final 14 fixtures for the current top 3 teams makes interesting reading.

Huddersfield only play 1 team from the current top 6 - Newcastle at home, while Newcastle have to play all of the current top 6, with only the game against Leeds being at home. We have 3 of the top 6 to play, Newcastle and Reading at home and Leeds away.

Where there are also potential gains is at the bottom of the table - where I know the feeling will be that teams will be fighting for points, but over a season you don't end up at the wrong end of the table if you are a good side - I know Rotherham made us look stupid last season away, so nothing should be taken for granted.

As it stands we have the bottom 4 to play - 3 of which are at home, whereas Newcastle have 2 and Huddersfield only 1 of the current bottom 4, ergo their games should in theory be against better opposition!

All we can do is wait and see, but it is going to be mighty interesting - and I wouldn't bet against Huddersfield getting into the top two positions, I would however be deeply worried if I was a Newcastle fan, looking at their upcoming fixtures. Mind you, if they ride out their next 3 games with maximum points they could be out of sight - so basically, who knows!

I think the one positive is that I personally wouldn't swap our remaining fixtures with the other teams. Going to be interesting and things can change so quickly.....
IE this time next week we "could" be 10 points clear of 3rd! and Top of league! Conversely we could be only 1 point in front of Huddersfield and played 1 game more! (No pressure) UTA

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017

Bang on. Newcastle play us both within 4 days next week, whereas we've effectively got a week off for our 1st 11 in preparation for them coming to us.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think the one positive is that I personally wouldn't swap our remaining fixtures with the other teams. Going to be interesting and things can change so quickly.....
IE this time next week we "could" be 10 points clear of 3rd! and Top of league! Conversely we could be only 1 point in front of Huddersfield and played 1 game more! (No pressure) UTA

Based on all games our fixtures are the most straightforward. Average league position of teams left to play is

Newcastle 10.8
Hudders 13.1
BHA 14.5

After our next two the average league position of opposition for our remaining 12 games is 16.5.

I hear it's a league where anyone can beat anyone but would any of us seriously wish for a kinder set of fixtures?

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Based on all games our fixtures are the most straightforward. Average league position of teams left to play is

Newcastle 10.8
Hudders 13.1
BHA 14.5

After our next two the average league position of opposition for our remaining 12 games is 16.5.

I hear it's a league where anyone can beat anyone but would any of us seriously wish for a kinder set of fixtures?

Sorry to point this out, but our only home defeat came against Brentford currently 14th in the table.
We also dropped points at home to Villa,17th, Preston, 10th, and Ipswich, 13th.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sorry to point this out, but our only home defeat came against Brentford currently 14th in the table.

Good job we have Reading and Newcastle next week then!

Good point well made however, this division does throw up surprising results more often than we would like.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

I get that but I'd still not swap out the likes of Birmingham and Blackburn for Wednesday and Barnsley, both of whom we have done the double over.

Stating the bleeding obvious I know but law of averages says teams at the bottom will lose more than those at the top. If we are having an off day you could argue it doesn't matter who we play, but I like to think they are/will be rarites

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
After Leeds (18th). Next game is QPR (1st) I think.

So We've got:

Reading (H)
Newcastle (H)
Forest (A)
Rotherham (A)
Derby (H)
Leeds (A)

before the break. 14 points there would do very nicely and leave us in a very good position.

As for Huddersfield, lets hope they win their replay and then the quarter final...

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
So We've got:

Reading (H)
Newcastle (H)
Forest (A)
Rotherham (A)
Derby (H)
Leeds (A)

before the break. 14 points there would do very nicely and leave us in a very good position.

As for Huddersfield, lets hope they win their replay and then the quarter final...

There is a good chance we will be on 80 points before the international break , then 8 games to pick up 10+ points and no way will 2 teams better that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here