Huddersfield - pub recommendatons?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

no81skint

Apr 27, 2007
Coventry
Hi all - have been to Huddersfield ground a few times but never visited any of the local pubs - particularly interested that may be on the way from station to ground as meeting up with some friends coming across...any ideas on good pubs to visit before the game?

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
The Sportsman

Great real ales, and a fifteen minute walk to the ground :thumbsup:

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
There a couple of nice pubs just off of the station platform. Can't remember their names though.

Just don't wear any colours, as they wont let you in.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I live in Huddersfield and wouldn't recommend the pubs to be honest.

However as previously suggested above the Red Bison is worth a look.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
5311123E=Tilehurst Seagull;5311123]What about the Slubbers Arms on the Bradford Rd?

This. One of the best pubs i've ever been to. Can't believe someone who lives there can't recommend it![/QUOTE]

I can honestly say i've never been in, Wrong part of town for me as i live on the southside of town.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's all about Magic Rock in Huddersfield.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There a couple of nice pubs just off of the station platform. Can't remember their names though.

Just don't wear any colours, as they wont let you in.

Head of Steam and I've worn colours in there. I went in for a meal a couple of years ago before the match. The Slubbers is good but still a walk from the ground whereas the Gas club is just a stone's throw away.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
last time i went to Huddersfield i got far to hammered to remember anything about the game. do remember going Sportman then Gas club with some Hudds though

Dandyman

In London village.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports