Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield is filling with Albion

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Not remotely fair. Some people work at weekends :wave: and couldn't get it off. Some people genuinely can't afford it- if you've got no cash and don't have a credit card, how else do you get there.

"True fans" are arguably the ones who trek to crappy midweek away games in December, when there's nothing to play for. The ones who fork out for season tickets year after year. The ones who don't just turn up for the important or glamorous games, or the ones at shiny new stadiums or with cheap tickets.

I am gutted that I can't go today, but don't accuse me of being a part time fan because of it.

Thats pretty much what I was going to type, but I wont bother now!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Not remotely fair. Some people work at weekends :wave: and couldn't get it off. Some people genuinely can't afford it- if you've got no cash and don't have a credit card, how else do you get there.

"True fans" are arguably the ones who trek to crappy midweek away games in December, when there's nothing to play for. The ones who fork out for season tickets year after year. The ones who don't just turn up for the important or glamorous games, or the ones at shiny new stadiums or with cheap tickets.

I am gutted that I can't go today, but don't accuse me of being a part time fan because of it.

:down: I can't be there either. But it doesn't mean I'm not a real fan either, unfair to categorise like that. Unfair, and frankly ignorant.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I wouldn't have let that put me off - this is the biggest game of the season so far. We will see who the true fans are today.

i dont have the £90 needed to get up to Uddersfield, does this make me a bad fan?

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
I think you will find the biggest game was Hereford 1997... and I was there so that makes me the best fan ever Na Na Na Na Na Na !
:p

Lets lose the true fan bollocks, every fan plays their part - UP THE ALBION !

:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I thought bugger me there are loads of us here then remembered huddersfield play in blue and white stripes!
:$

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
But at least i will be their today.

But you live there. My partner works Saturdays so I have to look after our 2 children. In addition to that I have my other son today. Yes it is a big game, yes well done to those fans who are coming up from the south coast to see it. Some of us are not in a position to be able to lose a days wages for my partner, £100 on a train, £30 on a ticket / drinks / food etc. + miss out seeing my son.

If that makes me a bad fan then I bow down to your uberness :bowdown::bowdown:

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
still say the club could have done more, IE free coach travel, & i think we would have sold out the away end:angry: feel like the club have missed out on the chance to make a real difference.:shrug:

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
i couldnt afford that sort of money,i would love too have gone but just one of those things ,buy some shopping or go to huddersfield.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The club are, of course, made of money so you are absolutely right.

:dunce:

Be fair-it wouldn't have cost THAT much to run coaches for 2000+ people to get to Huddersfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here