Huddersfield - Beckford & Church

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Huddersfield manager Simon Grayson is being given the green light to splash out on Leicester striker Jermaine Beckford, 28, and Reading forward Simon Church, 23.
Sauce: Daily Mirror

Will this trigger a move from Gus from one of them??

PS: I thought you cannot buy until January anyway???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They cannot transfer as such unless out of contract till January so it can only be a loan deal at first.

Personally they are welcome to both

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They cannot transfer as such unless out of contract till January so it can only be a loan deal at first.

Personally they are welcome to both

Wait for 7 more days, and any 93 day loan can be converted into a permanent signing / loan to the end of the season, on 1st January.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe we should bid for Craig Davies?

I agree, perfect foil to CMS.

Agreed, and unlikely to cost too much.
This week he did.
A couple of weeks ago he certainly didn't.

As said on the other CD thread:-

Is he Premiership quality?

Anyone signed now, for the first team, to a 2 or 3 year contract will have to be of that quality.
Were a different team going in a different direction.

Last edited:

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
is he fit to wear the shirt again? were you at that MK dons game?

funnily enough, i was, and it was a miss of epic proportians, who is to say we cannot sign a player, to help in our bid for promotion ? doesnt mean we want to keep him?

look at kevin phillips, does a job of scoring goals, but he wont be able to do it in the prem

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
funnily enough, i was, and it was a miss of epic proportians, who is to say we cannot sign a player, to help in our bid for promotion ? doesnt mean we want to keep him?

look at kevin phillips, does a job of scoring goals, but he wont be able to do it in the prem
No I don't see the point of that.

It's the most expensive piece in the puzzle and the most important one to carry forward.
Probably the reason why Gus has struggle to fill the position with an out and out centre forward.

Fingers crossed Valencia have someone up their sleeve.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
f***ing hell some serious muppets on NSC anyone suggesting that signing Davies is a good idea needs there head looking at and no doubt there knee after it popping out of place from that huge over reaction to 4 goals.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am more than happy with squad we have at the moment. Let's see how we do and, if necessary, review in January.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If we are aiming for the top flight, we need players with top flight experience - see Bruno, Kuszczak and Bridge. Not Davies, and not Murray either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports