Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] HS2 Delayed - Why can't we do anything in this county any more?

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
We're not the only country that suffers these delays, the Berlin Brandenburg Airport being a prime example. Maybe the delivery schedule was overly optimistic, maybe the legal challenges are taking longer, the material shortages have caused longer delays that weren't a factor when the plan was first conceived, labour shortages, the world is a very different place to when they first broke ground on this project.

The thing that is ridiculous is the watering down of the plan, or that the plan should've started in the North and worked down, helping to improve services up north to begin with.

Hopefully it'll be worth it though. The delayed Elizabeth Line (still having a few teething problems) has been a revelation for me and I've worked for the Underground for over 25 years! Going from Ealing to Tottenham Court Road in 15-18 mins is insane. Love it

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We're not the only country that suffers these delays, the Berlin Brandenburg Airport being a prime example. Maybe the delivery schedule was overly optimistic, maybe the legal challenges are taking longer, the material shortages have caused longer delays that weren't a factor when the plan was first conceived, labour shortages, the world is a very different place to when they first broke ground on this project.

The thing that is ridiculous is the watering down of the plan, or that the plan should've started in the North and worked down, helping to improve services up north to begin with.

Hopefully it'll be worth it though. The delayed Elizabeth Line (still having a few teething problems) has been a revelation for me and I've worked for the Underground for over 25 years! Going from Ealing to Tottenham Court Road in 15-18 mins is insane. Love it
No surely not…everyone else is perfect surely 😏

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What better way of levelling up than a High-Speed link to London?

They could have already linked up the northern cities and actually had something to present to the electorate re The Northern Powerhouse. Instead, we've got a half-built white elephant from Birmingham - London.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Even HS1 spends half its life trundling slowly through Kent, stopping at every lamppost between Gravesend and Faversham. It's pathetic really

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Madness, we need to reduce the annual national deficit so rather than ploughing ahead to get this project finished, we will spend less each year so that the national debt can be reduced. Yes the project will take longer to complete, but what's the problem - just don't mention inflation which will further push the overall cost upwards - we are spending less each year and therefore saving money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here