Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How you doing?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Yes that’s the plan. A weekend of Bluebell Railway and Albion seems a pretty glorious celebration of Sussex to me.
One of the volunteers is thinking exactly the same as you. Although they're more annoyed about the weather forecast on Saturday as there's no cover. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: A1X

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Feel bad locking horns with you over protesters the other night having rear that. Thoughts with you and your family x
Don’t worry my friend, frankly I enjoy it to keep the old mind occupied on something else. All the best.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don’t worry my friend, frankly I enjoy it to keep the old mind occupied on something else. All the best.
Yes it’s def not real life debating trivial things in here 👍

Reactions: A1X

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Col
Wooding
Beven
Rotting
Salt
Oving
With
Holling

And I've missed?

Bals?

(Was abandoned before ww2 and the Canadians used it for target practice from hollingbury I believe with the akak guns and shells)....
Stan
Patch
West (Dene)
Varn

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It’s pretty tough and harder then it was for sure. Guess that’s what happens when necessity bills are suddenly trebled and other things like food etc. But I also won’t buy into the doom and gloom shit the media are pushing & have been for a while. Trying to over egg it and panic people on the whole for me. But appreciate everyone is different. Quite tough mentally but getting there and talking when things are tough. Theres a lot of added stress and pressure for sure. Thanks for asking 👍 Feel better just writing that 😉
Sheebo, I feel your pain in quite a similar way. Come and find the Noisy Boys group with Brighton Rock Podcast at Boxpark, and I’ll buy you a pint, and just for a few minutes, it will feel just slightly better!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sheebo, I feel your pain in quite a similar way. Come and find the Noisy Boys group with Brighton Rock Podcast at Boxpark, and I’ll buy you a pint, and just for a few minutes, it will feel just slightly better!
Thanks pal - hoping to get in there!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We’re all Albion at the end of the day. The impersonal nature of the internet artificially makes rows more ill-natured than they would be face to face.
Correct - definitely! Most of this wouldn’t be debated face to face either as it would be quite pointless and boring 🤣

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Tough week, people at work trying to make their life easier by making mine diffiicult, a cancer scare that I'm still waiting on, and to top it all looks like I may lose my dog as his quality of life massively deteriorating, that was a tough visit to vet tonight.

But , I want to look on bright side , hopefully I'll get all clear, work, well its only money, (I'm so aware how flippant that sounds and apologise but we manage and long ago gave up on "keeping up with Jones'") and I have a cracking supportive family, hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be able to look back and wonder why I got so het up.

Dog though, I'm gutted, 14 years old and a real family dog, that has broken all of us!

I shouldn't moan as I'm quite sure many are far worse off. And I count my blessings.
A320, take the palm of your right hand, and place it flat on your left shoulder blade, stop and think about what you did for your precious pup for a few seconds, and now pat yourself on that left shoulder blade 7 times. You clearly gave that pup all you had to make him/her feel safe, secure, loved, entertained, enriched, and happy, and you should be proud of that, and you fully deserve those 7 pats on the back you’ve just given yourself. Cherish the precious memories, that YOU created. Well done sir, well done.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Been a tough start to the year. I have always struggled with depression, particularly the first few months of the year but this year has been really challenging so far. Not sure if it's just me but I feel a lot of tension and sadness in the air at the moment that feels like it's reaching boiling point! My Daughters best friend recently committed suicide at only 19 years old which really hasn't helped either.

The Sun coming out recently has helped a bit. Thanks for asking and wishing everyone the best for 2023.
And the best to you.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I'm doing shit.

Financial and job security worries.

Mum still in severe depression after losing Dad 20 months ago and worrying conversations about her ending it all.

Car on last legs so makes the job thing even more worrying as every day it starts is a relief more than an expectancy.

Drinking alcohol to the extent that I think I'm an alcoholoic but unwilling to admit it.

Can't say I've been "happy" since I lost my dad.

Still think about that absolute **** that bullied me every day at school and what happened in the aftermath and why I didn't just put the arsehole in a coma or kill him at the time. I would have served my sentence and be back out now.

Just need to keep ploughing on for my 2 wonderful surprisingly well rounded and fun young daughters.

There's nothing I can see that I can do right now that will change anything so just need to suck it up, put it in the box at the back of the mind and deal with it later if there's chance.

Apart from that life is grand. The Albion during these times is a much needed and welcoming distraction to all the shit that goes on in life and gives me the release, even if it is just for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon occasionally.
I assume there's no official help for your mum, hearing things like that from her must be devastating for you along with your grief from losing your dad. You may have just admitted that alcohol is a problem. 😉 I think that both my kids were swapped with someone else's at birth as they're both very well rounded so far! :lolol:
Do you have any idea what's wrong with your car?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I'm doing shit.

Mum still in severe depression after losing Dad 20 months ago and worrying conversations about her ending it all.

Car on last legs so makes the job thing even more worrying as every day it starts is a relief more than an expectancy.

Drinking alcohol to the extent that I think I'm an alcoholoic but unwilling to admit it.

Still think about that absolute **** that bullied me every day at school and what happened in the aftermath and why I didn't just put the arsehole in a coma or kill him at the time. I would have served my sentence and be back out now.

Just need to keep ploughing on for my 2 wonderful surprisingly well rounded and fun young daughters.

There's nothing I can see that I can do right now that will change anything so just need to suck it up, put it in the box at the back of the mind and deal with it later if there's chance.

Apart from that life is grand. The Albion during these times is a much needed and welcoming distraction to all the shit that goes on in life and gives me the release, even if it is just for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon occasionally.
Spongy, you must do as your nickname on here suggests. You must sponge up all the deep thoughts, care and support from your Albion brethren, and use it as energy. You are by no means alone, many if not most find existence tough and a struggle, we feel that. When I lost my parents, one thing that helped me find purpose and focus was the realisation that I was now head of the family, and that whatever was achieved in life was down to me. That sure puts pressure on you, but equally it means you can, and you should, celebrate to the full every small achievement that you make, and that your beautiful young girls make. And build a pile of all those achievements, and in time it will become a surprisingly big pile, and you can all look at that and reflect and say “we did that, together”. Concentrate on what a responsibility it is to give those young girls all the support you can in life, and celebrate every small step, together, and get positive energy from that.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm doing shit.

It's nearly 20 years since I lost my Dad, it still hurts when I stop and think about it. . . . all I can say is try and channel the good bits he did for you, that you remember, into what you do for your daughters . . . . Which ypu clearly do already . . Thats his legacy.

most of us get thirsty . . . Lots of us too thirsty. its as much a habit as anything, try breaking it. . . . . .do something different . . . . don't get a dog . . . They ost, and walk you to the pub 🙄😬

looking on the bright side . . . You have a home now, for the family, that was the big thing, you got there. Thats a big achievement . . Its hard for a few years but it will get easier.

hang in there, you're doing well, better than you think!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Been a tough start to the year. I have always struggled with depression, particularly the first few months of the year but this year has been really challenging so far. Not sure if it's just me but I feel a lot of tension and sadness in the air at the moment that feels like it's reaching boiling point! My Daughters best friend recently committed suicide at only 19 years old which really hasn't helped either.

The Sun coming out recently has helped a bit. Thanks for asking and wishing everyone the best for 2023.
The weather improving makes such a huge difference, lighter brighter, warmer, and after this last year, means less financial pressure for all of us. . . . more importantly, seeing people out and even smiling, just to be in the sunshine is so uplifting. Simple stuff like this matters and helps Negate the negatives we all face.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It was my 63rd birthday yesterday, I still have to work hard to pay bills.
10 consecutive interest rate rises have not helped at all.
I really struggle to get out of bed in the mornings, and am usually in 2nd gear till about 10am.
The physical demands of the work are taking it's toll as well, and I ache all over, all the time.
Retirement age is set at 67 here, if I am still in one piece, and can afford to.
Glad I have music to play, to disappear for a bit, and Albion doing great is a help.
In bed typing this. I should have got up an hour ago !

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
It was my 63rd birthday yesterday, I still have to work hard to pay bills.
10 consecutive interest rate rises have not helped at all.
I really struggle to get out of bed in the mornings, and am usually in 2nd gear till about 10am.
The physical demands of the work are taking it's toll as well, and I ache all over, all the time.
Retirement age is set at 67 here, if I am still in one piece, and can afford to.
Glad I have music to play, to disappear for a bit, and Albion doing great is a help.
In bed typing this. I should have got up an hour ago !
Happy Birthday for yesterday mate. Music is definitely something that really helps me as well.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The hardest thing is making the decision, actually I'm lying, the 2nd part of going through with it is worse. We want the same for our pets as we do for our human family, no suffering. We as dog (pet) owners are in the unique (but awful) position of deciding how much they're enjoying (or not) their lives. I cried for 2 weeks after making that decision & feel no embarrassment saying that it's making my eyes water now writing about it 10 years later (ok a little bit embarrassed). You obviously all feel that it's time, you're making the right decision & you're doing it for them even though your heart maybe telling you something different. :(
Can empathise. Lost my dear 15yr old 18months ago. Think of her everyday still. Was my closest friend, my constant companion. I nursed her through last few months until time to let her go finally. She’ll always be a part of me though. Daft as it sounds I often talk to her about the 2 new young scruffs now living with us - I’m certain she arranged them coming into our lives! It was meant to be as they say. But like you, pain is still there just beneath surface. If I were an actor, faking tears be the easiest thing in the world to do - just need to think of our beloved dogs don’t we? And…CUT! 😃

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
football is a rare bit of relief for me but even that is affected by juggling things to be able to get there on Sunday. lots going on at home with 2 very challenging kids who are finding life very tough going right now an 8 year old with undiagnosed issues with walking and an 11 year old terrified of SATS and the impending move to secondary school.
on top of that a friend is really struggling with her health and I support her and don't know quite where to turn with that.
I will get there, I have my health but it's good to vent a little

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Can empathise. Lost my dear 15yr old 18months ago. Think of her everyday still. Was my closest friend, my constant companion. I nursed her through last few months until time to let her go finally. She’ll always be a part of me though. Daft as it sounds I often talk to her about the 2 new young scruffs now living with us - I’m certain she arranged them coming into our lives! It was meant to be as they say. But like you, pain is still there just beneath surface. If I were an actor, faking tears be the easiest thing in the world to do - just need to think of our beloved dogs don’t we? And…CUT! 😃
Doesn't sound daft at all. I tell my now 9 year old dog off (translated to raising my eyebrows & saying 'drop' re socks & saying ffs when he takes 2 mins sniffing trees to come back after I've called him) and add to the end 'you're as naughty as your predecessor' (who was same age as yours when I had to make the decision). I'd say their real names rather than 'predecessor' but I try to be anonymous! I can only think they're so similar due to their owner, rather than breed. They're very similar in that they're exceptionally loving dopey sods who ignore what I say. :lolol: I wouldn't need onions for acting either!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here