Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] How would you vote in a referendum to legalise cannabis in the UK?

Would you like to legalise cannabis in the UK?

• YES - Legalise Cannabis

Votes: 268 68.9%
  • NO - Remain Illegal

Votes: 121 31.1%

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Bought some gummies online. Absolutely killed my need for a drink, sleeping better, saving money, no smell.

It should be legal.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Agree

Also agree

it’s actually the opposite with me - my lungs were ‘just’ smokers lungs lungs but when I replaced cigarettes with nicotine vaping (3%) about 4.5 years ago, I’ve developed severe asthmas, glass opacities and small lung disease as well as breathless all the time - there’s no proof it’s the vaping but it feels to me it is.

Agree with you there too - 🙂

I don’t understand the processing and why it’s so expensive but in an article recently ( that TB linked to incident ly above) I think it costs £250 for a months supply - times that by the quarter of the population who live with chronic pain - with the significant majority not paying for prescriptions that’s a large chunk of the health budget - CBD vapes are already legal in the UK - FYI - as long as they have under 0.2 THC ( the part that makes you stoned) - which is the sort he bought back This makes for heady reading https://www.england.nhs.uk/long-read/cannabis-based-products-for-medicinal-use-cbpms/#:~:text='Pure'%20cannabidiol%20(CBD),9%2Dtetrahydrocannabinol%20(THC).
Apologies I misread your post & thought that it was a vape with THC in it. Maybe try the drops, as I said somewhere up there my mum had good results with it until she stopped as she was worried that her Dr would think she was a puff head as she had to have a blood test. :lolol:

A couple of my friends don't get on with vaping, one coughs so much just by trying it that she sounds like she's going to be sick. Another one has found a vape that she gets on with now so half smokes, half vapes. I tried one of those Elf Bars a couple of weeks ago & it was awful. It was like inhaling aspartame. :sick:

Regarding the costs of 'whole plant' treatment for people like Alfie, £250 per month is a drop in the ocean compared to what it costs to get him to hospital, an overnight stay etc, etc. & the epilepsy is causing permanent brain damage to some people. Then you have the physical damage of broken bones & smacking your face on hard surfaces. Epilepsy isn't just the fall on the floor & have a 'Grand Mal' (I think the name has changed) seizure that everyone associates with it, in the same way that it's actually rare for someone to be affected by flashing lights, but that's what everyone thinks. Seizures can even be brought on by basslines in music & patterns. Sorry this appears to have turned into a lecture on epilepsy :lolol:
For chronic pain I'd have to compare it to something like Oramorph & I can't find the prices atm, the BNF book used to give prices but I don't have an up to date one. Patents usually last 10 years (unless that's changed) & from then on the 'recipe' is available to any drug company that wants to manufacture it. In the same way you can buy 'Neurofen' but you can buy cheap ibuprofen from a supermarket at a tiny fraction of the cost of Neurofen. Weirdly though with some epilepsy medications a different 'brand' sometimes doesn't work as well as another even though in theory they are the same. Going back to the cost, if it becomes mass produced the cost of the medication will lower. I'm not sure which came 1st but some epilepsy medication is also used as an anti-psychotic & the price has lowered (sorry went back onto the epilepsy thing there!).

I've seen a lot of p*ssed people, a lot of coked up & p*ssed people, a lot of stoned people. I've never come across someone stoned that's being a gobshite. People who smoke weed are only really harming themselves, if they want to sit indoors stoned playing video games (I'm going by the song posted above) then that's up to them.
My Jnr uses the cubicles at the Amex, he's not young but not an adult & is not comfortable yet with mass urinals, there is often a queue for the cubicles. My Jnr thinks that anyone who smokes, drinks, vapes is a 'chav' so I guess I'm a chav. :lolol: I don't have conscious 'open drug talks' with him where I sit him down etc, it's all done in an 'offhand' way but whilst talking to someone the other day about the amount of people using the cubicles at the Amex in front of him, I think I've accidentally made him paranoid about using the cubicles in case people think he's doing coke! 🤦‍♀️ The other part of the conversation made it crystal clear that you can tell by peoples eyes that they've taken something. He may go completely off the rails & do every drug available but if I could say out of the ones to try that cause the least harm, I'd say to have a joint. That conversation won't happen as if he starts down a drugs path he probably isn't going to tell me! Unless he can go to a cafe and have a smoke in the same way it will soon be legal for him to go to a pub & have a drink. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I no

none of this has been discussed seriously enough with the people who can change the laws. Weed is weed and it’s not cocaine or smack. Totally different argument here to class A.
Proffesir P Nutt as I call him was the tsar until he started talking truisms. It’s all about what the electorate want that dictates a governments policy on drugs.
Anyway f*** it I’m a bit stoned now…. UTA
Ahh Professor Nutt, that was the guy who did his list of drug harm as an independent on the ACMD, (as he was asked to do) & got sacked as his list didn't fit the narrative. 🤷‍♀️

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Drink can make you reckless but weed rarely does. It has a totally different effect. I’ve rarely got over 9 mph when I’ve occasionally smoked and driven.
Ah but, can you stop within 800 yards at that speed ?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Ah but, can you stop within 800 yards at that speed ?
I'd imagine he could but if he was driving on the A23 then there'd be a mass pile up behind him already! My fil used to drive at 40mph on the A23 & it was bloody scary, he used to always say 'I've never been in an accident'! He had a driving license that was from the war so never actually had to take a test! 😮

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Drink can make you reckless but weed rarely does. It has a totally different effect. I’ve rarely got over 9 mph when I’ve occasionally smoked and driven.
I once took some South African customers to the Netherlands for customer reference visits. They wanted to try marijuana in Amsterdam. We were staying about 40 km away and I was the driver. We drove into Amsterdam and bought two hash cookies. My 3 customers shared one and I ate the other(!!!!). About 4 hours later we headed back to the hotel. I drove at around 120km/hr and had this feeling that I was sitting on the roof of the car looking down at them the entire time. We got back OK and I never told them a thing. I reckon it was about 6 hours before I felt normal.
When I have smoked weed in the past I generally just fell asleep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here