Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How would you feel if Gus was announced as Manager tomorrow?

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. Potter is not effective and no matter how attractive the football may be we still have not progressed since Houghton.

We've progressed to spelling his f***ing name correctly, FFS.

Getting Poyet back would be the biggest backward step since, er, Alan Mullery's second spell.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
We've progressed to spelling his f***ing name correctly, FFS.

Getting Poyet back would be the biggest backward step since, er, Alan Mullery's second spell.

I think I might have to revert back to being Palacefinder General on here. [MENTION=42114]barmyarmy[/MENTION] is Palace. 63 posts, every single one running the club and the fans down while being quite obviously pro Palace.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i'd wonder what happend to March as it would clearly be April 1st.

as much as a enjoyed Gus at the time and he moved us forward, it's worth noting he's done little in managment since, and out of managment for two years. i'd say he's hit his ceiling.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
He’s on same level as potter. Not potters fault we have a pathetic option list of strikers.

Have to somehow scrape to 37 points and then hope we clear them out and bring two new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have had a pathetic list of strikers since Hughton joined us, Potter ain't alone mate, not sure Hughton even had a list. :moo:

Last edited:

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I wouldn’t rule out Poyet actually.

BUT, Tony wouldn’t make a change at this point of the season. We saw he let Hughton run his course. And that was also different as he cited the performance as well as the results being a factor.

We’re definitely getting the performances under Potter. Most games. And until tonight we were getting results as well.

I would categorically rule Poyet out of ever managing us again. He was sacked for gross misconduct. There was internal investigation conducted leading up to that. He was banned from the ground and training complex. There is no reality in which Poyet would even be invited back as a guest, let alone as manager.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I wouldn’t rule out Poyet actually.

BUT, Tony wouldn’t make a change at this point of the season. We saw he let Hughton run his course. And that was also different as he cited the performance as well as the results being a factor.

We’re definitely getting the performances under Potter. Most games. And until tonight we were getting results as well.

Agree with the first bit, but Hughton was gone anyway, Potter was on Ashworth and Blooms radar, regardless of results. :wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I didnt listen to any chat on TV last night. How did Poyet come over

He came across as an Albion fan but I did get the impression that he would like to (tentatively) lob his hat into the ring for the Liverpool job :lolol:

This was pre match I just couldn’t bring myself to watch the post match bollocks, turned off when the final whistle went.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Homer: I'm confused, Kent. Confused and tired.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here