Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How would you feel about us poaching another team's manager?

Would you be OK with us poaching another club's manager?

• Total voters

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I have the feeling that we are going to have a massive percentage of like minded people :smile:

We can't really have any justification in criticising Chelsea though can we?

They started it?!

Facetious reply aside, there's a difference a) between sacking a manager then poaching and b) finding yourself without a manager (and whole effing coaching team) because some rich entitled c***s up the road have stolen yours and therefore having no choice but appoint someone mid-season (most likely by poaching). What should we do, wait until Christmas? May?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Food chain innit.

We get stiffed and now we go and stiff someone else lower down.

Seems to be the way it works now.

Football is a business and has no soul.

This in spades. It's just the size of the cheque that changes further up the food chain

IF TB & gang have their eye on someoned a few rungs down, a few of the £20m odd we've just got from chelsea will cover it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Manager? Yes, no problem.

The entire ****ing First Team coaching staff? Not so much. Classless.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good point, well made.

I just wanted to check that we were all onboard with doing a Chelsea on another club. We don't really have a choice unless we are happy to plummet to the bottom of the table or wait and hope Rodgers or someone else gets the sack soon. Poch is not an option I don't think

I got shouted down on here yesterday when I pointed out we’re quite likely to exactly what Chelsea have done to another club, but we are. May or may not be quite as many, may or may not include long-standing clubmen, but we’re almost certain to do it. Tony will be hiring a team, not just a coach.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They started it?!

Facetious reply aside, there's a difference a) between sacking a manager then poaching and b) finding yourself without a manager (and whole effing coaching team) because some rich entitled c***s up the road have stolen yours and therefore having no choice but appoint someone mid-season (most likely by poaching). What should we do, wait until Christmas? May?

Another good point, well made. I guess they sacked him because they knew Potter was gagging for the gig...so perhaps Potter himself started this fecking ball rolling

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Another good point, well made. I guess they sacked him because they knew Potter was gagging for the gig...so perhaps Potter himself started this fecking ball rolling

Putin started it. Without him invading Ukraine, Roman would still be in charge and he wouldn't be after Potter!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We pinched Potter from Swansea, so can't suddenly go all high and mighty virtuous now.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
[MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] did you mean poaching another team's manager or entire management/coaching team?

And does it matter where the team is in the league structure?

If we poached Arsenal's entire management and coaching team then I'd feel nothing. If it was Forest Green Rovers then I'd feel a little shabby.

As it's phrased, I voted that I'm fine with it.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Most of us were outraged by Chelsea poaching Potter early season so would you be OK with us doing the same to another club?

Yes, I am a hypocrite as I can't think of an out of work manager I'd want here - no not even Poch

Let's go spread some of the angst to another club :wink:

Or do you think we should just be nice and honourable and go for an out of work manager

There can only be two options can't there but I'll add one in case I've missed it.

It's a food chain scenario.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Manager? Yes, no problem.

The entire ****ing First Team coaching staff? Not so much. Classless.

To be fair, they didn't HAVE to leave with him. I doubt Bruno and BR had guns put to their head by Billy and Bjorn and got told "You're coming with us – or else!"

Also, we don't actually know the details of the conversation, package, promise of future roles anything like that that they would have been offered/promised. Maybe whoever TB has lined up has his own full set of people? Or it could be that they felt valued by Potter for wanting to take them with him and integrating them into a wider coaching setup.

I'm not saying I'm happy about it, but just looking at it from a different perspective.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The tea lady took training today so could give her a go. A dodgy hip apparently but could do a job without poaching from another club?

BKseagulls

Sep 8, 2022
Talking to managers during the season should not be allowed. If a team doesn't like their coach, fine, fire him and have the assistant be the interim head coach, and then in the offseason find a new one. It's ridiculous that this is allowed. This creates way too much uncertainty for an ownership group to how they want to build and plan their team, especially if they won't even know whether the coach will be there 10 games later....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have the feeling that we are going to have a massive percentage of like minded people :smile:

We can't really have any justification in criticising Chelsea though can we?

Nope.

But that doesn't mean I am suddenly going to like them. They are my middle brother's team. Down with them. DOWN!

I can hold my head up on this issue, however, and claim No Hypocrisy. :O

I am sure I will have more hypocrisy to offer, later, of course, suitable topic permitting :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Putin started it. Without him invading Ukraine, Roman would still be in charge and he wouldn't be after Potter!

Only because he would have sacked Tommy Tootle earlier, before G-Pott had dragged us into 4th place. :wink:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I would offer Bruno the manager's job then dump him at the last minute, gone but not forgiven!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here