Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How will you celebrate when social restrictions are lifted?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
In the same vein, when I did my Falklands stint we only had letters to stay in touch with home, and when General DeBillier took charge , he downgraded the importance of mail so it took 5 weeks to get to us rather than three.
How would people have managed this lockdown with Eighties technology, no internet, no texting, no FaceTime, we are lucky it’s come along now, not 40 years ago.

Oh you mean Bennymail :D

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Depends on the season. An outdoor pub lunch would be nice in decent weather.

In reality, I don’t the end of lockdown will be a single moment, but restrictions eased in stages. Culminating in Amex football in August 2022.

This - pretty sure the best way won’t be everyone out at once, as much as it would be satisfying to have a day where you really feel you can “mark” the end of it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This - pretty sure the best way won’t be everyone out at once, as much as it would be satisfying to have a day where you really feel you can “mark” the end of it.

Interesting documentary on C4 at the moment “When will lockdown end?”

An epidemiologist (neither a doom monger or grandstander) just said something similar, easing restrictions too early will lead to an exponential growth in cases.

Small steps.

Good prog, they’re also covering the impact on our economy and mental health.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
By getting a haircut

Had one this afternoon from my 13yo. He loved it. I borrowed some clippers from my next door neighbour who, on seeing my son's labour, exploded into laughter. In the short-term maybe, but in the long-term, his job isn't on the line.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I cannot wait to get back into action with Albion's matchday exploits in the PL at the Amex.
Just watched GOSBTS being played in Brightons band stand on Poirot's Four & Twenty Blackbirds :cry:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Help Bill sort out his affairs and the economy generally at the 5 Bells West Chilts by having a couple of beers with mates I haven't been able to drink with in the past few weeks...

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Think they are going to need all the empty Nightingale hospitals around the country to deal with all the pisshead injuries.

Indeed. It’s going to be CARNAGE in the A&Es around the country. Lockdown for me will well and truly have ended when I can queue up, sandwiched between 2 smelly old farts, on the WSU for my pre match pie and pint.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed. It’s going to be CARNAGE in the A&Es around the country. Lockdown for me will well and truly have ended when I can queue up, sandwiched between 2 smelly old farts, on the WSU for my pre match pie and pint.

How dare you insult me and whoever it was among my chums who couldn't get in behind me because you stuck your great big Patti Smith boots in the way.

:wink:

Lockdown ends for me when I raise an eyebrow. And I will.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Just see the kids and grandkids, visit my old Mum and actually go into her house instead of shouting through her window.

If I’m honest, this lockdown malarkey hasn’t been too bad, apart from missing the family, and no football. I’d rather do this, than a 6 month deployment to the Falklands.

Nothing wrong with the Falklands.....Good 4 months....plenty of bars good times

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here