Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to Overtake a Cyclist

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
To be clear, when I said we should be able to ride together, but people are ********s, I meant cars and bikes should be able to use roads together, but people are ********s!

...Haha I'd wager you're not a considerate anything, let alone a considerate driver, in fact you're full of shit. It's impossible to ride three or four abreast on an open UK road, and it's basically a lie to suggest that all cyclists ride more than one abreast as a norm. Why do you feel the need to exaggerate to such a degree in order to justify your gratuitous dislike of cyclists? That is not your honest experience or anyone else's. Cyclists care about their own life, even if no one else does, and are all too familiar with how frightfully inconsiderate some motorists (yourself included) can be towards cyclists. They will never ride two abreast with a car insight for fear of being knocked down or overtaken too closely. It's simply self preservation.

You're disappointment at seeing a cyclist is simple, you're lazy, and you're selfish. You can't be arsed to slow down or safely take the time to manoeuvre around them in a selfless manner. No one with the slightest intelligence or a modicum of car handling skills will ever get stuck behind a bike for miles, and will not complete their journey a second later should they not have come across a cyclist.

A bike is not a car, so do not expect it to behave like one, simply because it would be more convenient to you. Give a cyclist the respect and consideration they deserve.
6879c41b450b486463c7e9ac312be107.jpg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We do own the f****** road, as we pay road taxes and charges, you pay f*** all and expect a free run, you can all just f*** **f.

We can All just **** off because some of 'us' annoy you? Sorry but this is a massive logic flaw

A mate of mine got doored by a car driver last year, another got abused and run off the road by some half wit in a car while riding sensibly within the law. You don't hear me losing my shit, blaming all car drivers as a group and telling them all to **** off.

And I pay the same amount of 'road tax' (car registration) as you despite which vehicle I decide to take on any given day.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
They also have a huge amount of respect of cyclists in Europe! I ride there and here, the difference is UNBELIEVABLE

So they should to. Not only are they cutting emission but they are not clogging up the roads with more cars.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As mentioned in the video earlier

Poor cyclists are often seen to represent the norm for the group whereas poor car drivers are seen as the exception to the group.

All the examples given on here of cyclist behaving in a poor or unsociable manner can be countered with car drivers behaving the same. (texting, cutting people up, doing make up while driving (wrong direction I am looking at you son), speeding, double parking etc etc.

Like has been mentioned a few time this issue is best dealt with by using a little tolerance and not judging everyone by the lowest standards you can recall.

This isn't a war, it is just people trying to get about.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Calm down dearie and we are all entitled to an opinion. I frequently drive the roads north of Hooley and every Saturday morning there is a cycling club riding three or four abreast blocking the entire half of the road. Motorists can only overtake when there is a dual carriageway. How can you say what you are saying about me - you don't know me and you are just a keyboard warrior who feels secure sitting on the computer. In addition to riding that many abreast one will also suddenly stick one hand out and move across to go down the A23 without warning causing car drivers to pull up sharply for fear of hitting one or more of them. I see you don't comment about cyclists going through red lights but of course you wouldn't as you seem to think cyclists are right and car drivers should be vilified. Wish you would get on your bike and ride off now.

I am perfectly calm. It takes a lot more than your simple, moronic opinions to get me excited. haha

It wasn't my intention to intimidate you, that says more about you than me i am afraid. You have nothing to be scared of. I can't hurt you. Not through the internet anyway, don't worry.

You're right though, I feel secure at my keyboard, or alternatively in your face, makes no difference to me. I will give you my opinion regardless, which I am also 'entitled to.’

I don't know you, but I know what you chose to write above. Subsequently I know you could've paid more attention at school, haha

So, back to your intelligent, articulate (sarcasm) contribution to this thread…You once experienced a group of club cyclists on a Saturday morning, on a dual carriage way, and were forced to use the second lane to avoid them. So now you try to tell us that all cyclists travel everywhere 4 abreast haha, and that is your justification for being selfish, ignorant and hating on all cyclists. You're a fool.

I don't think cyclists are always right, I have indicated that already several times. All I have done so far is respond to the nonsense posted about cyclists by idiots like you. I don't need to vilify motorists, you're doing that all by yourself without help from me.

Your generalisation of all cyclists is based on ridiculous assumptions. My opinion of your stupidity is simply based on the rubbish you have written.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I am perfectly calm. It takes a lot more than your simple, moronic opinions to get me excited. haha

It wasn't my intention to intimidate you, that says more about you than me i am afraid. You have nothing to be scared of. I can't hurt you. Not through the internet anyway, don't worry.

You're right though, I feel secure at my keyboard, or alternatively in your face, makes no difference to me. I will give you my opinion regardless, which I am also 'entitled to.’

I don't know you, but I know what you chose to write above. Subsequently I know you could've paid more attention at school, haha

So, back to your intelligent, articulate (sarcasm) contribution to this thread…You once experienced a group of club cyclists on a Saturday morning, on a dual carriage way, and were forced to use the second lane to avoid them. So now you try to tell us that all cyclists travel everywhere 4 abreast haha, and that is your justification for being selfish, ignorant and hating on all cyclists. You're a fool.

I don't think cyclists are always right, I have indicated that already several times. All I have done so far is respond to the nonsense posted about cyclists by idiots like you. I don't need to vilify motorists, you're doing that all by yourself without help from me.

Your generalisation of all cyclists is based on ridiculous assumptions. My opinion of your stupidity is simply based on the rubbish you have written.
6d25267044b64a5dee2b03ca32dbd602.jpg

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London

I drive that route every Saturday but of course you would know that wouldn't you. You are a big man behind a keyboard and we are all entitled to express an opinion just as much as you are little man.

Now get off that trike and eat your rusks.

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We can All just **** off because some of 'us' annoy you? Sorry but this is a massive logic flaw

A mate of mine got doored by a car driver last year, another got abused and run off the road by some half wit in a car while riding sensibly within the law. You don't hear me losing my shit, blaming all car drivers as a group and telling them all to **** off.

And I pay the same amount of 'road tax' (car registration) as you despite which vehicle I decide to take on any given day.

You pay road tax for a vehicle that is registered, you can't mentally transfer it to a bike can you. :rolleyes:
I used to ride myself, kept in tight, never rode abreast with anyone else and when in a group rode in single file.
Never had a bad word said to me, never got knocked off, never caused an obstruction.
Motorised vehicles are registered, cycles are not, so they come first.
You should be humbled and feel privileged at just being allowed to use the roads scott free.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
You pay road tax for a vehicle that is registered, you can't mentally transfer it to a bike can you. :rolleyes:
I used to ride myself, kept in tight, never rode abreast with anyone else and when in a group rode in single file.
Never had a bad word said to me, never got knocked off, never caused an obstruction.
You should be humbled and feel privileged at just being allowed to use the roads scott free.

5055032357_b2f15c131c_o.jpg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I am humbled and privileged indeed. Next time a car comes near me I shall throw myself into the curb shouting "I SHALL **** off my lord I SHALL." Hopefully I will injure one of those ghastly pedestrians :) them I shall pop down VicRoads and make a voluntary donation for all the wear and tear my evil bike causes.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I am humbled and privileged indeed. Next time a car comes near me I shall throw myself into the curb shouting "I SHALL **** off my lord I SHALL." Hopefully I will injure one of those ghastly pedestrians :) them I shall pop down VicRoads and make a voluntary donation for all the wear and tear my evil bike causes.

Pssst, I don't think he can understand sarcasm from his Oh holy perch above all these cycling minions with his head firmly implanted within his derriere.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

There, you see, that didn't hurt and I bet you feel much better now, confession is so good for the soul.
As for injuring pedestrians, when do we turn the topic to cyclists riding on the pavements................don't get me started on those!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Pssst, I don't think he can understand sarcasm from his Oh holy perch above all these cycling minions with his head firmly implanted within his derriere.

I think you may be right

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

Look at you two snuggling up with your smug little 'cycling circle comments', comparing Lycra later?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here