Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] How to improve the Amex atmosphere?

How can we improve the Amex atmopshere?

• Pre Match DJ

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Theme Days

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • Singing Section

Votes: 103 60.2%
  • A band

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Club to create new chants/songs for us

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Involve audience more (eg pre match/in game announcements)

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Unreserved seating

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • BHAFC choir

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Squad players to encourage fans

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Classic TV shows on the big screen pre-match

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Celebrities to encourage us to sing more

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Move the away fans to the bottom tier of the East Stand, similar to Molineux.

Always Limbs in that Wolves end to the right whenever they score......

Although, don't like it when on TV as all you can see is the away fans BUT if you're watching on TV you are in fact the issue here.

Moving the away fans is a must.

There are around 3,000 seats in blocks E1A, E1B, E1C, E3A, E3B and E3C.

That’s where they should be, pretty much the same position where Norwich put away fans at their ground. Having the North Stand shouting ‘We are Brighton’ at them would blow them away.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Moving the away fans is a must.

There are around 3,000 seats in blocks E1A, E1B, E1C, E3A, E3B and E3C.

That’s where they should be, pretty much the same position where Norwich put away fans at their ground. Having the North Stand shouting ‘We are Brighton’ at them would blow them away.

And having their fans behind a goal is a bit of advantage for visiting teams really. Should be Brighton both ends.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Every time there is incident at the ground they write about it like some virtue signalling teenager.

Would be good to know how many fans have been banned from The Amex and the reasons why.

They also don’t help when they make sure half of the North Stand are sitting down.

I’m glad the club deal very heavily with attacks on stewards and emergency workers, etc.

But the press releases always have the tone of an arrogant, gravely disappointed, headmaster. Every every type of incident is spoken of in the same very serious and disappointed tones.

“Tut, tut, tut, once again we find ourselves dealing with a number of issues we do not want at this club. For our part, we are sick and tired of issuing warnings”.

Football matches will always attract some of the dregs of society. Are these the sort of people to read the club’s warnings in the first place, or even to be able to read?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
albion v millwall 33.JPG.gallery.jpg

giphy (53).gif

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well, in some measure, by reserving seats and making them available to the football tourists who want to see a PL game but don't give a flying **** about BHAFC rather than selling the seats to BHAFC fans on the waiting list.

By pricing out a lot of "traditional" fans who can't afford the cost to go to games now.

Having a "dress code" in parts of the ground and a "sit down, shut up" policy.

If you’re a on the waiting list you can still apply for the same tickets you purportedly say are only available to ‘tourists’, I’ve not seen any policy that discriminated against fans who’ve previously attended. Quite the contrary.

Re: dress code, it’s 1901 members only and the dozen or so 1901 members I know all sat in the south stand at Withdean with me for 12 years if you’re inferring them to be lesser fans. Several including me were also STH at Priestfield - how many ‘home’ games did you attend then out of interest?

Re: sit down policy, thats the law currently but the club largely turns a blind eye to fans standing up in the North so come and join us over here if that’s what you want

Re: shut up policy, obviously that’s cobblers although you might want to take note :p:lolol:

Re: traditional fans not affording, please not that old chestnut. It’s more cobblers. I myself can not afford to go all the time both in time and momentary terms. But it’s a relative choice isn’t it? eg I choose to live further away, I choose to be working in the job I’m in and the salary I earn etc. Everyone has choices to some extent. The working class ‘traditional’ (whoever they are) claptrap doesn’t wash. Football is expensive but it’s more or less accessible to most depending on individual circumstances. And Albion prices certainly compare extremely well with other PL sides.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I think the NS would benefit from a drum. Used responsibly of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely away fans closer to the North Stand or a singing section...It would 100% increase the noise, however the club won't do it because it doesn't suit their mantra of everyone sitting down and not giving the away fans stick. Cannot stand the idea of a drum mind. It doesn't help with the club constantly making press releases about bad behaviour, its getting tiresome and seems quite whiney and OTT. We all know some people choose not to behave at the football, but to keep repeating the same old school teacher talk is quite cringe. Most people behave and its a safe place to watch football.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
How about a winning team?

Or is that too far fetched?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
That was a 3.3 draw wasnt it ?

That song banned for being tinpot I think !!

I think that was the 3-3 game, yes. Leeds still haven’t won at The Amex.

Funny how we were louder then, but had less people in the stadium.

The North Stand have been trying to get the song going again recently but the West Stand aren’t having any of it.

I remember being quite blown away by the noise the West Stand used to make in the first few seasons. Not anymore though. They need to sort it out.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I remember being quite blown away by the noise the West Stand used to make in the first few seasons. Not anymore though. They need to sort it out.

I've said it before, but the other stands can't just sit back and think of singing as something that only the North Stand (and away section) do. It needs to be 360 and constant.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The North Stand have been trying to get the song going again recently but the West Stand aren’t having any of it.

In the first few Amex seasons, the WSU was a wall of noise when we were playing well, it was great having 2 singing stands. I’ll never forget reaching the concourse in Aug 11 pre-match against Doncaster, to be met by huge numbers singing their hearts out.

For some reason, it’d died a death in these last 3 seasons, as has the NS to an extent.

The cause: Winning is rare, a dearth of home goals, and opposition teams whether they be direct or gifted more than having our number?

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent

I was in that corner of East lower that season. Atmosphere was always good. Def gone downhill!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here