[Albion] How to improve NS and Amex atmosphere?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I've always kind of assumed that if you buy a ticket in the North Stand you go there to sing. That you are obliged to sing. That was always the deal in the old North Stand at the Goldstone.

It wasn't like that at the Goldstone. There were probably 4-500 regular singers max that congregated behind the goal and the rest of the stand wold only join in if there was something particularly exciting going on.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
And maybe we could insist that all those in the “singing” section wear black, go by some collective name and have no consideration for those who would be forced to move. Sounds familiar.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Personally I think the atmosphere in the North Stand is 90% dead and only springs to life when we play Palace and the few rare occasions but since we have gone Premier League it's gone downhill
We had a far better atmosphere in there when we were a Championship side.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The north stand is the singing section . Every person on there should sing

Ive sampled it twice and both times it’s killed by people who refuse to sing . It really is piss poor

A singing section may help but I can’t see barber getting behind it unless it makes them money

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I wonder if you could set up a voluntary swap thing at this stage each season. Set out you where you want the rowdy section, offer those in it who don't want to contribute the chance to move out to equivalent or better seats to replace those that want to move into it. Doesn't happen now because no one knows where to move. You might get people get improved seats moving out of the singing area to allow those in better seats perhaps to move into it. Over a few seasons you might actually start to see it happen organically.
Yes.

I'm glad that all the people making very clever sarcastic replies on here are happy with the North Stand as it is. We all know that it is quite shit and that (as the novelty of the new ground and excitement of chasing promotion has worn off) The Amex atmosphere as a whole is heading rapidly for membership of the Premier League Libraries Club.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
And maybe we could insist that all those in the “singing” section wear black, go by some collective name and have no consideration for those who would be forced to move.
Why would we do that? Really bad idea.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am quite happy with my place in the north stand thankyouverymuch

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
It wasn't like that at the Goldstone. There were probably 4-500 regular singers max that congregated behind the goal and the rest of the stand wold only join in if there was something particularly exciting going on.

The point is we are either playing a heavy defensive system against the top teams or bottom half of the table teams playing very defensive against us, so if you want to sing a choir would be your best move,dont even hint at banging a drum.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Personally I think the atmosphere in the North Stand is 90% dead and only springs to life when we play Palace and the few rare occasions but since we have gone Premier League it's gone downhill

I’m in the NS (D). You’re spot on. So quiet in these last 3 seasons, compared to before, bar the occasional famous win.

People either seem tense or bored with the low scoring football or relentlessly tricky opponents, or there to chat and laugh with mates, ignoring the football.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
You’ll be having auditions for a drummer next :whistle:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Some of the best ( alive/noisy/passionate/emotional/good fun/electric/charged ) atmospheres at away games have been at those grounds where away fans are next to the local 'kop' . Still think the Northstand should be converted to safe standing on a 1:1.5 ratio..to improve the singing.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

That’s because we used to win at home most of the time

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Being serious for a moment, I’m not sure how you can actually manage forcing people to move without upsetting them.

You're the expert.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The north stand is the singing section . Every person on there should sing

Ive sampled it twice and both times it’s killed by people who refuse to sing . It really is piss poor

A singing section may help but I can’t see barber getting behind it unless it makes them money

Sing or leave?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nobody seems to have mentioned the elephant in the room yet. That's the two congregations of singers, with the ones on the North West side unwilling to join in with the fellows over in the middle, often starting new chants while the others are already singing. Not always, but often.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports