Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to fill the Amex

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It's still pretty good!

View attachment 69393

Looks pretty good. Although our attendances may be down on last season I bet EVERY club has reduced attendances this season in The Championship. I would expect the reductions in numbers would be a lot more than us! I know I know we are top but I feel fans of all clubs are fed up with sky high prices.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think last season did a fair bit of damage.It was an utter shambles on the pitch and i was surprised by the amount of season tickets we sold.Hopefully it is soon enough that people havn't got out the habbit of going.
Funny ,i was reading a feature on pricing in the championship which was mainly aimed at Sheffield wednesdays pricing policy this season and in the comments below someone put how they lived between London and Brighton and fancied going to a game at the Amex,they saw the price and never bothered.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that trains home are the problem for midweek games. My brother lives near Heathrow and has to leave at 9.40 or he misses the last connection to Feltham at Clapham Junction and I am sure he isnt the only one.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
My suggested business model is-

Match day tickets and away tickets- £20 per game

Season tickets- £15 per game

Students and under 21's- £10 per game

Stop trying to pour pints (they can't cope and always run out) stick to plastic bottles and cans you can empty out quick.

Reduce food and drink prices a bit.

Have more outside the ground- outdoor bars, food and music.

Re-open a club shop / ticket office in town, preferably near Brighton Station.

This would result in increased attendances, but the club has a very short term view in these regards. They want to maximise ticket revenue match by match and don't give a toss about the long term objective of increasing the future fan base. Sad really but there we are.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think that trains home are the problem for midweek games. My brother lives near Heathrow and has to leave at 9.40 or he misses the last connection to Feltham at Clapham Junction and I am sure he isnt the only one.
Midweek games will always be less appealing for transport and schoolday reasons.

I know the club are only allowed to run a maximum number of ticket promotions per season, but I think they need to look at a special cheaper ticket category for evening games, and to have a special student price for these games.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Midweek games will always be less appealing for transport and schoolday reasons.

I know the club are only allowed to run a maximum number of ticket promotions per season, but I think they need to look at a special cheaper price category for evening games, and to have a special student price for midweek games.

Who would set this maximum? Sounds like balderdash

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I know the club are only allowed to run a maximum number of ticket promotions per season, but I think they need to look at a special cheaper ticket category for evening games, and to have a special student price for midweek games.

Perhaps they should consider scrapping Saturday promotions and put them into midweek games but that would probably affect school allocations.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Who would set this maximum? Sounds like balderdash
Football league rules, I believe.

Actually I was slightly wrong. There is a maximum number of ticket promotions (4) that can apply to home fans only.

Give away fans the same deal and you can have as many as you like.

Last edited:

So he aims for the 22.40 from Lewes to Victoria that's come up from Ore? This is the same train my son gets (he lives in Vauxhall) and me, in order to get back to Billingshurst. Tbh it's so problematic getting from Falmer to Lewes station midweek that I now always drive and drop him at Haywards Heath station.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The moral of this story is don't piss off your fans and expect them to come back for more regardless. Hopefully it will be realised that it wasn't performances that resulted in people cancelling season tickets, it was the way people were treated. Perhaps also the ridiculous plastics tag will now be realised as a complete palace jealousy fabrication.

I agree. I am a direct debit-paying account holder with three 'leisure-based organisations' - The National Trust, News International and the Albion. The quantity and quality of the physical communications from the first two is a world apart from the Albion's. Over the years they have made me feel wanted. The Albion hasn't. The way the huge inheritance of the club's huge STH base has been taken for granted has been borderline inept. The gates remain impressive compared to other clubs', in part because people like me, a STH since the eighties, through Gillingham and Withdean, will keep on renewing because we love the Albion. Others, with sentiments more fragile, won't. And haven't.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So he aims for the 22.40 from Lewes to Victoria that's come up from Ore? This is the same train my son gets (he lives in Vauxhall) and me, in order to get back to Billingshurst. Tbh it's so problematic getting from Falmer to Lewes station midweek that I now always drive and drop him at Haywards Heath station.

No he says it is quicker to go via Brighton because of connection at Clapham as getting to Lewes is always a pain midweek H e usually leaves when the 4th official puts up the board

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
What a silly idea:facepalm:
Why not give free tickets to Albion fans?....First 3000 who call:D

facepalm all you want but that's not a sustainable business model, it encourages fans who are likely to pay to wait for a chance to get a free late ticket instead. It's a nice benefit for the part-time fans only.

attracting new fans is the key to growth. Getting local kids to realise Brighton is better than supporting the Big premiership clubs, sets up a dedication and customer loyalty that lasts a lifetime. Most businesses will never get that level of support.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was going to mention that.

I know they bought about 3000 fans with them so 26000 Albion fans wanted to watch fulham.

Brought. Its BRought!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
As a former sth, I have to say the 'hassle factor'of the Amex is unappealing. Age, family, distance and friends now scattered across 3 stands since move from withdean have also contributed. Ow, and then there's the cost. £60 a game inc petrol typically. You get out of the habit though I am hopefully coming to MK and Charlton games.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I bought a ticket for my Father in law to come along on Saturday. I've got the PDF email of the ticket, but my printer is f'd! Can I just zoom in on the barcode on my iPhone and scan that at the turnstile? Or do I have to find someone that has a printer that works, or worse have to collect a paper ticket from the office before the game?

I've successfully done it before with my phone, so I'll say yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here