Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How to beat the rail strike (Colchester and Forest)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've booked 3 places on the park and ride from Sainsburys.

I'm a P&R virgin as I would usually get the train.
How many buses are there and how frequently do they leave.?
It says its open from 6.00pm .

I'm driving back from a job in Somerset that day so not sure exactly what time we'll get back.

thanks

It's a brand new P&R so nobody knows.

Whosh51

Aug 27, 2014
Why can't you park in Stanmer park, loads of space or do you need a caravan attached. Seriously can you park there as it could take thousands of cars which would solve all the parking issues. Sod the buses and trains..

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Just checked and there seem to be trains to and from Haywards Heath to Brighton tomorrow evening. I can't see any information on whether the club are running buses to and from Brighton station and Falmer or whether it will just be rail replacement buses, if any at all. Anyone got any info, I don't really want to miss tomorrow night but I certainly don't want to miss Friday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Could someone tell me how the current ones work then please as I'd imagine they were a similar set up...
Cheers

I've only used the Racecourse one before but generally there are two or three buses there and leave when full. Of course, that's a much shorter journey to the Amex.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I've only used the Racecourse one before but generally there are two or three buses there and leave when full. Of course, that's a much shorter journey to the Amex.
Thank you, I'm going to get there as early as I can to give us the best chance

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just checked and there seem to be trains to and from Haywards Heath to Brighton tomorrow evening. I can't see any information on whether the club are running buses to and from Brighton station and Falmer or whether it will just be rail replacement buses, if any at all. Anyone got any info, I don't really want to miss tomorrow night but I certainly don't want to miss Friday.

Getiing to the Amex by public transport tonight shouldn't present too much of a problem. There are regular trains on the main line between London and Brighton, (albeit fewer of them), and then getting a bus out to the stadium shouldn't prove too difficult providing you leave plenty of time.

It's the getting home afterwards that may prove much more challenging.

August West

Jul 30, 2013
Share parking cost?

At the moment there are parking tickets available for the Bridge this evening, does anybody want to share the £12 cost? I will drive, pick up and return to London Road Station. If interested please reply here asap. I don't want to buy a ticket just for me.

Last edited:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

Tonight it seems you'll have to get to Brighton and then get on a normal bus. Nothing extra being run by the club, and no rail replacement (that I can see). The last train before the game leaves at 4.45, next one is (for some reason) at 11.36, and no replacement buses showing on the time table. So your best bet tonight is to walk straight down to Churchill Square and get a 25, 25X, 28 or 29 to the stadium. My recommendation would be any of the last three, as they stop at less stops, making your journey quicker, and I'm not entirely sure if the 25 actually runs up to Churchill Square or stops at Old Steine. Otherwise you can get a cab or walk quite some distance.

On Friday you have the above options, but can also head down to Madeira Drive and get a shuttle service to the stadium. The park and ride will also be running on Friday if driving is a possibility, so that opens up more options.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Any ideas for people heading back to Newhaven / Seaford and wanting to enjoy a Harveys or two?!

Any chance a friend/relative/partner could pick you up from somewhere?

Failing that, a designated driver?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I see there is a 10.45pm cut off for the Lewes Station shuttle buses, that only gives an hour post game, I wonder what will happen if there is still a queue at that time.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The early leaving on Friday is going to be massive............

Which is my concern, by the time we get from the NS to the car park we will be near the back of the queue. Round trip to Lewes station must be at least half a hour so each bus will only make two trips, unless they have loads of buses that will not be very many people.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Which is my concern, by the time we get from the NS to the car park we will be near the back of the queue. Round trip to Lewes station must be at least half a hour so each bus will only make two trips, unless they have loads of buses that will not be very many people.

Yup, going to be horrendous....quicker to walk back to Lewes I reckon - it's about an hour and a bit to the station with brisk walking. It's going to be like this for evening games for the foreseeable future with basically no Falmer/Lewes train service after the game.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yup, going to be horrendous....quicker to walk back to Lewes I reckon - it's about an hour and a bit to the station with brisk walking. It's going to be like this for evening games for the foreseeable future with basically no Falmer/Lewes train service after the game.

I decided to book seagulls travel from Polegate last night for the Rotherham game over £32 for three of us, when the train would cost nothing. Thought about it for Friday night but didn't want to risk missing ko due to the airbourne traffic holding up the bus out of Eastboune.

August West

Jul 30, 2013
At the moment there are parking tickets available for the Bridge this evening, does anybody want to share the £12 cost? I will drive, pick up and return to London Road Station. If interested please reply here asap. I don't want to buy a ticket just for me.

Too late now, I think I'll give it a miss.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
I see there is a 10.45pm cut off for the Lewes Station shuttle buses, that only gives an hour post game, I wonder what will happen if there is still a queue at that time.

Can see this being a massive problem. When you look at what the queues are like for trains on that side of the platform I honestly don't know how they are going to be able to shift that many people. Going to need over 30 buses because as someone said they'll only be able to do two trips each. Never going to happen so I can see it being chaos and people left stranded.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Anyone got any ideas about travel from Guildford way? We usually park in Mill Road, but looked at alternatives where we pay and everything is booked up...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyone got any ideas about travel from Guildford way? We usually park in Mill Road, but looked at alternatives where we pay and everything is booked up...

For Forest? Why not use Mill Road, if you can get there early enough?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
For Forest? Why not use Mill Road, if you can get there early enough?

Getting there early enough was the problem, unfortunately. We're going to aim for about 5.40ish and hope that's early enough. I figured Mill Road would be full by 6 at the latest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here