Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How TINPOT were Reading?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Nobody likes a chip on the shoulder, let's face it. However, at least certain clubs with delusions of grandeur have actually had some grandeur about them in years gone by - Wolves, West Brom, Stoke City, Leicester City, Derby County etc. Begs the question, where has Brighton's shoulder chip been earned? For the life of me, I can't tell where...I mean, ffs, even Swindon and Oxford have a major trophy to their name!!

It sounds like your the one with the chip mate. Keep banging the drum and playing goal music. :)

Yoda

English & European
Nobody likes a chip on the shoulder, let's face it. However, at least certain clubs with delusions of grandeur have actually had some grandeur about them in years gone by - Wolves, West Brom, Stoke City, Leicester City, Derby County etc. Begs the question, where has Brighton's shoulder chip been earned? For the life of me, I can't tell where...I mean, ffs, even Swindon and Oxford have a major trophy to their name!!

Are you a Premier League JCL hanger on'er? You obviously are as I remember watching Oxford win the League Cup in the 80's.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is it true that in Brighton, if you sleep with a woman, you're considered queer?

Oh come on now, you're a grown man (I know because I've just looked at your LinkedIn profile...oddly, you don't seem to put pathetic stuff like that on it).

Tell me: have you ever heard of a Stockport fan named Jamie?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Seems the Simod cup has been had an effect on you

The only good thing thing about Reading is they once beat the Scum 10-2.

Feb 14, 2010

I've nothing against Reading but FYI we have a major trophy. As Southern Champions, when the league was split between the mainly northern football league and Southern league we beat Villa at Stamford Bridge to lift the Charity Shield in 1910 and be crowned Champions of England. But you make the point I make, for a club who get 28000 for Yeovil in the lower leagues and 34,000 for say Rochdale in the old third division at the Goldstone, then yep, this club has been and it looks like continuing to be this season shocking sh!t on the pitch. As for Reading Ive went to the old Elm Park, about 7000 in the ground and 3500 of them were Brighton! That says it all really.

Feb 14, 2010

I've nothing against Reading but FYI we have a major trophy. As Southern Champions, when the league was split between the mainly northern football league and Southern league we beat Villa at Stamford Bridge to lift the Charity Shield in 1910 and be crowned Champions of England. But you make the point I make, for a club who get 28000 for Yeovil in the lower leagues and 34,000 for say Rochdale in the old third division at the Goldstone, then yep, this club has been and it looks like continuing to be this season shocking sh!t on the pitch. As for Reading I went to the old Elm Park, about 7000 in the ground and 3500 of them were Brighton! That says it all really.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Oh come on now, you're a grown man (I know because I've just looked at your LinkedIn profile...oddly, you don't seem to put pathetic stuff like that on it).

Strange, he's gone all quiet now...

You can't be that old then. There was most certainly hatred between Reading and Brighton fans a few years back when you were at your old ground.

I lived here since 1987 and known several BHA fans over that time, Attila and Uncle Buck to name but 2 but there are many others. And I have never noticed any animosity between BHA and Reading in that time. Sure when Andy Frain was active in this area there was some fisticuffs but then Frainy is a bit of a moronic nutter and there was trouble with every team if he could engineer it. But other than him I have never seen the slightest animosity between BHA and RFC.

Do you mean Jamiescfc? If so he is a wanker and tends to be ignored by most scfc fans. I am out of touch with County now due to a disagreement with several of them but I do know that everyone dislikes jamiescfc.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I lived here since 1987 and known several BHA fans over that time, Attila and Uncle Buck to name but 2 but there are many others. And I have never noticed any animosity between BHA and Reading in that time. Sure when Andy Frain was active in this area there was some fisticuffs but then Frainy is a bit of a moronic nutter and there was trouble with every team if he could engineer it. But other than him I have never seen the slightest animosity between BHA and RFC.

I've never had a problem with Reading. The Maj Stad is a good place to watch football, Elm Park was endearing in an old school way, and their approach of building the infrastructure first then improving the squad is one we've followed.

Taking the p out of Majedski for his wig and shagging Cilla is about as hostile as I'll ever get.

I've never had a problem with Reading. The Maj Stad is a good place to watch football, Elm Park was endearing in an old school way, and their approach of building the infrastructure first then improving the squad is one we've followed.

Taking the p out of Majedski for his wig and shagging Cilla is about as hostile as I'll ever get.

I think it's better to take the piss out of the fact he has his ferrari parked next to his swimming pool. Allegedly he rarely drives it, just sits by the pool and looks at it.

And this could be a bit of a blow to RFC and their promotion hopes http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/reading-fc-striker-le-fondre-7052329

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here