Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How TINPOT were Reading?

MCW

Jan 5, 2012
Yes. This is my point.

Edit: missed your bollocks about an owner with history. JM was put in a children's home in Reading as a child. He then strikes gold and reinvests shitload of money in the town, including buying the club that he supported when he had seemingly no prospects.

Strikes gold by destroying an industrial estate,asset stripping viable jobs for short term gain.

Bet the Workers of Reading love him.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think of Reading as a big retail park. A town on the worlds most boring motorway. Dull.

Betjeman was aiming 15 miles too far east.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Strikes gold by destroying an industrial estate,asset stripping viable jobs for short term gain.

Bet the Workers of Reading love him.

Think he's pretty well liked in Reading which is all the more telling given that he's fundamentally a bit of an odd weirdo.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lovely sunny day, massive game against a playoff contender and they were UTTERLY SILENT until their goal. Worst away fans all season from what I've seen. Embarrassing.

MCW

Jan 5, 2012
Probably the high away ticket price that put many off, especially considering they were at Falmer 2 months ago too.

"High" ticket prices never put away fans off,the ticket price is irrelevant compared to the cost of train travel and food and beer.
Besides,any travelling fan would regard the extra couple of quid a decent trade off for the short journey and relatively cheaper travel

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
If they had sung at all then maybe they would have deserved a clap but Barnsley on a Tuesday night made more noise than them.

Seriously,there was at least 30 fans who sung(and tried they hardest to get the rest involved) who sung for the full 90 mins,that's more than Barnsley managed.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Seriously deluded,Town full of Chelsea and Arsenal for whom Elm Park was too big a ground.Tin pot club in a tin pot town,even the University is trying desperately to be re-designated as a Polytechnic.

Fair play MCW. I admire your dogged if nonsensical attempts to stick to your guns and I salute you for it.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
They all stuck £32 in our clubs coffers, show them some respect.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Seriously,there was at least 30 fans who sung(and tried they hardest to get the rest involved) who sung for the full 90 mins,that's more than Barnsley managed.

A whole 30? Wow! I think I recall hearing 1/2 songs all game from Reading, I heard far more from Barnsley.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
"High" ticket prices never put away fans off,the ticket price is irrelevant compared to the cost of train travel and food and beer.
Besides,any travelling fan would regard the extra couple of quid a decent trade off for the short journey and relatively cheaper travel

It would put me off if I'd paid 10 or 15 pounds to go 2 months ago and now had to pay 32 pounds.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I know its not rocket science but its pretty worrying that we have the worst goal scoring record in the division after Barnsley !
Our saving grace is having the second best defence in the division.
Just imagine though if we had got a slightly ropey defence too we would almost certainly be in the bottom 3

Chocolate biscuit for clever old me then !!! :bowdown:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

That article is very shoddy. If you don't like a team, as this bloke obviously doesn't like Brighton, have the guts to say so and back it up. Don't pretend to write something even-handed and litter it with underhand jibes.

You can tell from the dig over Fans United that the thing that really grates with him is that Brighton and its fans have a recognisable identity. You can't buy that, however rich your owner. In the long term this matters so much more than being in the Premiership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here